MONICA SAMOJE MEIER
Av. Club de Golf Lomas Country, # 2, Edificio Los Arcos – 701
Col. Lomas Country, Huixquilucan, Estado de México
Manage the strategic and day-to-day operations of the HHRR function coordinating with the President of the company to ensure that HHRR strategies are aligned with the organization's goals and operational objectives. Expertise in Change Management and Talent Development including the analysis and implementation of all processes related to this area such as the diagnosis of the organizational structures, transformation of culture and change management. Vast experience in Latin American HHRR policies and procedures. Outstanding skills in negotiating and managing collective bargaining agreements and alternative dispute resolution processes. Managing HHRR budgets in the double digit US Mio dollars. Experience in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures and ample experience in international HHRR management. Multicultural and bilingual professional.
Elevadores Schindler Latin America Mexico City Actual
Latin America Human Resources Director, Mexico City
Spearheads strategic and tactical human capital initiatives for a 3,000 employee operation with a complex labor environment consisting of 6 bargaining units. Reports to the Latin America Area VP and manages a staff of 35 HR professionals with 6 direct reports including areas such as Employee Development, Employee & Labor Relations, Recruiting/Compensation and Payroll & Information Management .Accomplished business professional with proven results in developing and leading world-class HR programs and operations domestically and internationally to complement corporate strategy. Strategic Partnership with C-Level Executives. Change Management & Leadership. Organizational Development & Talent Management. M&A Initiatives & Integration. International HR & Strategic Leadership. Culture & Team Development
AstraZeneca Latin America Inc., Miami, FL 2009 - 2011
Latin America Human Resources Director, Miami, FL 2010– 2011
Managed HHRR and Development Programs for Latin America team of 4000 employees in 20 countries.
• Enhanced the Performance & Talent/Learning Management across the Region which resulted in 100% succession plans in place.
• Further developed the quality of HR professionals in the region which resulted in a fully developed team of 45 HR leaders throughout the countries. HR Generalists assigned 100% of time for Sales function in key markets
• Ensured Performance/Reward linkage. Supporting Marketing Excellence and transformation initiatives by deploying programs such as: executive coaching, mentoring and change management.
• Built an empowered organization to achieve global high performing norm rating for employee engagement. Achieved 70% on empowerment in Focus 2011. Developed and rolled out an Empowerment framework. Held Empowerment Workshops in all Latam countries and 85% of actions agreed with employees implemented
• Retained key talent (FT and GT pools) Manage to retention targets in key markets (<5% attrition)
• Developed high potentials accelerated program by identifying opportunities as per business needs (mainly in Marketing) and leveraging new global initiatives. In particular, identify & accelerate the development of 14 women to regional positions
Human Resources Executive Director, Mexico City 2009 - 2010
Provided HR strategic partnering with AZM top executives to assist decision-making that supports Company objectives, strategies and business initiatives, which represented a team of 1400 employees and an HR budget of $35 Mio USD
• Effectively supported business changes and managed restructuring processes in AZM. LHQ restructuring process, implemented in accordance with the original proposal (157 cases declared redundant )
• 100% implementation of the new HR organizational design and structure which included the Outsourcing of non-core HR activities
• 100% new contribution pension plan implemented with a 98% employee participation and 94% satisfaction level
• 100% of Regional and District Managers graduated in Leadership Skills (ITESM)
• Total completion of the Reward process for MCP, MCP-1, MCP-2 as well as for international assignments.
• New job evaluation system implemented (Mercer IPE system) to be globally aligned
Avon Cosmetics S de RL de CV, Mexico City 2006 - 2009
Human Resources Executive Director
Managed the organization according to the HR strategic direction set by corporate. Lead and manage the overall provision of Human Resources services, policies, and programs for the entire company. Create company strategic learning and organizational development plan to meet personal, professional, and organizational needs of company employees. Oversee compensation programs to ensure regulatory compliance and competitive salary levels. Direct the administration of benefit programs to include: health, retirement, death, disability. Evaluate and recommend improvements to benefit programs. Coordinate the administration and negotiation of union contracts. (4000 employees of which 2000 were union workers)
• Delayering process achieved its goals in terms of Headcount Reduction while putting in place the adequate HR programs and plans to minimize disruptions; target savings achieved for the organization
• Implemented new policies for Executive Compensation which were fully aligned with comparable similar companies in the marketplace. Compensation and benefits plans revised, aligned and implemented. Sales Incentive Plans were flawlessly aligned with Global guidelines
• E-performance implemented 100% at all levels which automated all Performance processes and it was linked to the Reward system
• 40% of open Key Management positions were filled form within
• Annual targets achieved (Budget $ 46 Mio USD and 95% effectiveness rate in audits and no reportable conditions)
VALEANT Pharmaceuticals, Mexico City 2003-2006
Regional Human Resources Director International Division 2005 - 2006
To develop and implement Human Resources strategic initiatives and Identify/incorporate HR best practices into programs and plans. Provide professional consultation and support to management and employees in HR policies, procedures, practices and organizational structures. This position was in charge of the Strategic HR activities for Valeant International-International Division, including Latam region and Asia Pacific.
Regional Human Resources Director Latin America 2003 - 2005
This position was responsible for the strategic HR activities for Valeant Latam, which included 4 main sites (Mexico, Brazil, Argentina and CA) The main objective of this position was to plan and direct all Human Resources activities for 1200 employees in the Latam region
• Savings of 16.1% in manpower costs. HR restructuring, full automation of payroll, adaptation of HR processes to Lean Six Sigma methodology and upgraded all the HR managers to Green Belt
• 7 HR Organizational Effectiveness projects completed in Hiring, on boarding, HRIS, rewards and recognition, communications
• Reduced benefit administrative costs by 10% and improved service by outsourcing and creating shared services
• Create and operate development programs for all management and sales through VALUE (Valeant University: which was deployed as an educational entity that conducts activities that foster individual and organizational learning and knowledge and was an integration of both Valeant and Universidad del Valle de Mexico)
NOVARTIS Mexico City 1995-2003
Director Of HHRR Corporate & Pharmaceutical Sectors
Plan and direct all Human Resources activities for 2300 employees for the following business entities: Novartis Farmaceutica, Suipharma, Novartis Salud Animal, Ciba Vision, Gerber, Novartis OTC and the corporate office. This position was in charge of maximizing the utilization of Human Resources within the organization as well as to develop HR strategies and programs to meet management needs.
• Created, developed and implemented a learning model: Novartis University (UNO) the Corporate University which was a portal within a company, through which all learning took place. UNO university linked Novartis' strategies to the learning goals of its multiple audiences. It functioned as the umbrella for Novartis total education requirements UNO supported the integration of Novartis and the Universidad Anahuac
• Develop a Young Potential Candidate Program (YPCP). Full implementation of Front Line Manager level and up. Mentoring Program for 10 Hipo Women. Increased ready now and ready 1–2 years replacements by 15%
• Improve FF performance: (Sales Rep s and FLM) Boost and Up to Speed ranking from 70% to 80%. Marketing /Sales cross fertilization program implemented.
• 100% Defined Contribution Plan implemented, 93% employee participation and acceptance
• Issue with the Payroll integration with IMSS which I personally solved (10.0 USD Mio original fine, resulted in a final settlement of 1.0 USD Mio)
• Received the 2003 Global HR Performance Award
• Instituto Tecnológico y de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey (ITESM),
Monterrey-Mexico, MBA and BA Communications (Suma Cum Laude)
• Stanford University - HR Excellence Program
• Harvard Business School- Business Finance Program
• Columbia University- Certified Executive Coach