• Over 5 years of strong industry experience in developing decision support application in Cognos 8.0, Cognos Impromptu, Cognos Power Play and , Cognos Upfront.
• Creating, and maintaining Metadata in Data Warehousing Environment.
• Experienced with Cognos 8.x installation and configuration including creating content manager in MS SQL server & Oracle, configuration of IIS and Cognos configuration.
• Strong understanding of OLAP solutions, developed OLAP application using Cognos tool suite and extracted data from Enterprise Data Warehouse to support analytical and decision support needs.
• Expert knowledge of the Cognos toolset including experience in design, development, and support of BPM cubes and reporting systems ( PowerPlay, ReportNet, Framework Manager, Transformer, Visualizer, Access Manager, Server Administration).
• In-depth experience in developing Business models, KPI (key performance indicator), SDK and Productivity Index using Query Studio & Report Studio (ReportNet 1.1).
• Exposure in Data Modeling Tools ERWIN 3.5/4.0 and ETL tool Informatica.
• Experience in creating Multidimensional reports by implementing Multidimensional cubes using PowerPlay and Transformer.
• Involved in deployment of reports on intranet/internet using Cognos Impromptu Web Reports and Cognos ReportNet.
• Migrated Impromptu catalogs and Architect models to Framework Manager using Metadata migration utility.
• Experience in creating List reports, Sub-reports, Cross-tab reports using Impromptu Administrator.
• In-depth experience with SQL queries, stored procedures and working with SQL Server 2000-2005, Oracle 10G and MS Access.
• Hands on experience in Troubleshooting Cognos server errors.
• Clear understanding on Database concepts: Relational database, Management, Design and Operation.
• Substantial interaction with technical & non-technical staff, Good interpersonal skills and Enjoy challenges.
BI Tools: Cognos Impromptu 7.0, ReportNet 1.1 MR 2, SDK, Cognos 8,
Report Studio, Cognos 8 Query Studio, Cognos 8 Analysis Studio,
Cognos Framework Manager, Cognos Powerplay
Transformer and Cognos Powerplay for windows.
Operating Systems: Windows 2000/NT/XP, LINUX.
Databases: Oracle 9i, Oracle 10G, SQL Server 2000, SQL Server 2005 SAP BW, and
ERP: SAP FICO
Tools: Toad, SQL Navigator, EM, Erwin.
CS Telecom, TN 2007 July-present
CS Telecom is a high-tech enterprise mainly engaged in manufaturing, developing and marketing of telecommunication products and accessories of mobile phone since 2001. Designed Data marts to analyze the data for Customer Receipts, Invoice Aging, Revenue Detail, Progress Billing, Customer Activity, Orders and Sales.
• Worked with users, business analysts to define reporting requirements for various services and processes using ReportNet (Cognos connection, Query Studio, Report studio and Framework Manager).
• Created reporting packages in Framework Manager.
• Organized reporting applications into different folders in Framework Manager for sales and distribution department.
• Creating and publishing several packages in Framework Manager.
• Created Calculations, Filters and Prompts in Report Studio reports.
• Created user groups for distribution and assigned security based on different roles.
• Generated various kinds of reports (Daily, monthly etc) in ReportNet for managerial decision support.
• Responsible for creating Ad-hoc reports for business users.
• Scheduling and distributing reports through schedule management in Cognos Connection maintaining files through file management.
• Migrated and Developed Master Detail Reports and List Reports using Report Studio.
• Query from different database tables to audit and verify the data quality as part of the requirement.
• Create and enhance catalogs and set user profiles to grant user permissions for querying.
• Create PowerPlay cubes using Transformer.
• Used IWR for publishing Impromptu reports to the web.
• User security was incorporated using Access Manager.
• Created and enhanced Power Cubes as per requirements.
Environment: Cognos ReportNet 1.01 (Frame work manager, Cognos Connection, Report Studio, Query Studio), Impromptu, PowerPlay, Transformer, Upfront, Access Manager, SQL Server, Oracle 9i.
Progressive Insurance, Cincinnati, OH Dec’ 06 – July 2007
Role: Cognos Consultant
Project: Collectible Insurance Instant Quote Application.
Collectible Insurance application group has expressed a need to upgrade & develop ad-hoc reporting solutions using Cognos 8 and Report Studio to respond to situations in which critical business data may not be available through existing reports. Reporting application has been upgraded to Cognos 8 and daily, weekly and monthly in aggregated reports were generated
• Participated in requirements & design sessions with management to identify key dimensions and KPI’s required for effective monitoring of business performance.
• Involved in Designing and Created various Projects in Framework Manager.
• Involved in Migrating catalogs into Cognos 8 using migration utility.
• Involved in setting up Groups/Roles to secure the Models and packages by integrating Access Manager with Cognos 8.
• Involved in installation and configuration of Cognos 8.
• Developed advanced reports using Report Studio with Prompts & Drill-through capabilities and facilitated Ad-hoc Reporting environment using Query Studio.
• Created cubes in Cognos PowerPlay using PowerPlay Transformer and involved in creation of OLAP reports using Analysis Studio & PowerPlay cubes.
Environment: Cognos 8, Framework Manager, Report, Query & Analysis Studios, Cognos Connection, Impromptu 7.4, Cognos PowerPlay Transformer 7.4, Impromptu Web Reports, Upfront, Access Manager, Power Play Enterprise Server, Oracle 9i/10g, Cognos Query, Windows NT/2000, UNIX.
State Street Global Advisors Nov 2005 – Dec 2006
State Street is the world's leading provider of financial services to institutional investors. Our broad and integrated range of services spans the entire investment spectrum, including research, investment management, trading services and investment servicing.
• Interacted with business analysts assisting with business requirements.
• Developed ad-hoc reporting interfaces using Cognos Query Studio.
• Developed Power Cubes for national and international users utilizing Cognos 8.0 on a SQL 2000 server platform.
• Build OLAP Cubes using Cognos Transformer, views using Access Manager.
• Used Filters, Prompts, and Calculations which make the report easier to read and understand. This is also helped in minimizing the time taken to process these reports.
• Optimize the Impromptu reports and PowerPlay Cube performance.
• Created related Schemas, Namespace, and Query subject to develop Cubes in Framework Manager.
• Created variance reports to examine the difference between the actual and the expected.
• Designed and developed IQD file and cube model utilizing Framework Manager and Transformer version 7.3 respectively.
• Developed five ‘canned’ reports according to client’s specifications utilizing Report Studio.
Environment- Cognos 8.0 (Report Studio, Analysis Studio, Query Studio and Event Studio), Framework Manager, MS SQL Server 2000/2005.
Karvy Consultants Sep 2004 to Nov 2005
Role: Report Developer
Project: Payroll System
This project is to Design & Develop a reporting system to manage the administrative and payroll needs of an organization of 650 employees. This system calculates employee pay and maintains corresponding records, with pay-slips generated monthly. Main reports include pay-slip, pay register, deduction statement, yearly and earnings/ deductions for a particular employee.
• Analyzed system requirements.
• Designed system screens.
• Developed functions, procedures and class modules to validate data and ensure system integrity.
• Developed Impromptu reports and published to upfront using Impromptu Web Server (IWR).
• Customized data by adding Filters, prompts, Calculations, Summaries and Functions.
• Created and enhanced existing power cubes.
Environment: Oracle 8i, Cognos Impromptu 6.5/7.1, Cognos Power Play 6.5/7.1, and Windows NT, ERWIN.
Alliance Pharmaceutical Corp., San Diego, CA Jan 2003 – July 2004
Alliance pharmaceutical is a pharmaceutical research and development company that uses perfluorochemical technology to develop gaseous medical imaging and drugs. The copmany holds a number of patents in the US, Europe, Japan, and oteht global regions. The aim of the project is to create Transformer Models and Packages and publish the reports on the web server providing secured access to the users for Business application.
• Develop Catalogs, Impromptu reports and IQD files for the Cognos BI Application.
• Design of the Transformer Models for Cognos Cubes.
• Set up of the Drill down paths and the Convergence levels.
• Maintain User sign on information and auto access privileges for data sources.
• Optimize the Impromptu reports and PowerPlay Cube performance.
• Defined, stored and maintained security information using Access Manager.
• Analyze the existing Data sources to the Catalog and document them.
• Involved in Publishing IWR’s and PowerPlay cubes, PowerPlay reports, on the portal using Cognos IWR administration, PowerPlay enterprise server
• Developed a number of portable customizable reports using Power play.
• Created Trend over Time reports to identify developing trends.
• Developed Standard Reports, Charts, Drill Through Reports, Master Detail Reports, Bursting Reports.
Environment: Cognos (Transformer, Improptu, IWR, Upfront, Access Manager) 7.1, Oracle 8i, WIN NT.
MBA Cambridge College, Boston, MA
Sr. Web Application Engineer
Campbell, CA - web, .net, engineer, server, application, tool, vb,...
mba with b.tech in computer science
India - pega, risk, centre, mba, segment, green, statement,...
Global Commercial Director
San Diego, CA - cement, coal, markets, regional sales, sales,...
Senior Test Engineer / Product Engineering Manager
United States - semiconductor, test, pcb, engineering manager, hp,...
West Chester, OH - tom, hp, delphi, emc, force, top secret, po, itil,...
Singapore, Bandar Baru Bangi - naval, architect, vessel, ruby, shipyard, maritime,...
Sr Developer & Analyst
India, Gurgaon, HR - sec, sr, web, instrument, sql, dance, sharma, mrs,...