Objective To obtain a position where I can utilize my nursing skills and experience to provide the highest quality care to patients and their families.
Licensure Advance Practice Registered Nurse
Employment: Advance Practice Registered Nurse – H & P Clinical Consultant in NJ, and RWJH (weekends) Hired 9/2011
• Rendering a variety of primary care services, which includes obtaining medical histories and conducting physical exams; diagnosing and treating common acute health problems such as infections and injuries; diagnosing and managing chronic problems such as high blood pressure and diabetes; ordering and interpreting X-rays and lab tests; providing family services; providing adolescences care, including screenings and immunizations; and counseling patients on disease prevention. Providing basic health care needs in underserved rural areas and inner cities, and providing primary care to underserved populations such as children in school settings and the elderly.
Employment: Registered Nurse - Virtua Health in Voorhees, NJ
Hired 1/2003 to 2011
• Charged Nurse - responsible for overseeing the efficiency of nurses within a hospital. Strong ability to multitask and a full understanding of the medical industry. Managing a staff of nurses, creating work schedules for each nurse in the department as well as directing the daily activities for nurses. Main source for answering questions from other nurses regarding treatment procedures, medications and special procedures for unique patients. Document the performance of all other nurses within the department and counsel nurses who are lacking in their performance.
• Staff Nurse - Employed on a Telemetry unit providing care to diverse clientele. Collaborating with Interdisciplinary Care Team to coordinate plan of care for optimal client outcomes. Monitoring and, effectively, treating cardiac dysrhythmias. Administering oral, intravenous, subcutaneous, intramuscular, and intraocular medication. Intravenous blood product administration. Supervising care provided by Multiskilled Technician. Mentoring new to practice Registered Nurses. Providing education for clients and families. Documenting client care on medical record. Reviewing medical records to make correct clinical decisions. Maintains and demonstrates high standards of professional ethics.
• EMAR support Nurse - Supported nurses, physicians, and other care providers for CPOE, Clinical Documentation, EMAR, Med Rec, POC, workflows, meds charting and flowsheets.
Support staff build of orders/results and experience in clinical documentation and order entry (CPOE). Provided training and Go-live Support to Physicians, nursing and other care providers using Soarian.
Employment Registered Nurse - Kennedy Hospital in Stratford, NJ
2005 to 2007
• Performs an assessment of the patient, leading to development, implementation and evaluation of a plan of care.
• Administers, monitors and documents therapeutic interventions and regimes.
• Effectively manages rapidly changing situations.
• Participates in clinical decision-making.
• Educates patient and family/responsible party regarding disease process, individual care needs, wellness, safety issues, etc.
• Delegates and monitors care rendered by other members of nursing department and healthcare team.
• Demonstrates standard precautions and patient safety principles in practice.
• Participates in orientation, education and development of healthcare team.
• Identifies and participates in the performance improvement activities.
• Maintains professional and departmental level competencies.
Employment ManorCare in Cherry Hill, NJ
Hired 4/ 2006- 11/2007
• Maintains day to day operations, including items such as bed flow.
• Patient rounding
• Collaborating with other departments
• Chart checks
• Clinical support.
• Models appropriate behaviors to support customer satisfaction
• Demonstrates and promotes fiscal responsibility
• Assists with managing staff levels by implementation and coordination of unit staffing for nursing care.
Education UMDNJ – School of Nursing
Master of Science in Nursing Program, May 2011
Widener University - Chester, PA
Bachelor of Science in Nursing 2005
Helene Fuld School of Nursing at Camden County College - Blackwood, NJ
Associates in Science, Diploma in Nursing 2002
References upon Request