TERRY L. WILLIAMSON
Memphis, TN 38103 firstname.lastname@example.org
Over 20 years of creating value by identifying, implementing change, pricing and creatively managing risks and opportunities.
Dynamic, result-oriented leader with a strong track record of performance in entrepreneurial, high paced organizations. A broad educational/social and practical background with keen insights and analytical skills. Extremely bottom line oriented work ethic. Superior verbal and written communication skills. Articulates complicated concepts in a clear and concise manner. Holds Utility & Pipeline Construction Licenses along with their reciprocations to work in 46 states. Additional areas of expertise include:
• Negotiating and Drafting Contracts
• Vision, Mission and Strategy Planning
• Corporate & Business Development
• Business Plan Development
• Equipment Acquisitions, Financing & Procurement
• Conflict Resolution Management
• Arbitration, Mitigating & Resolution
• Regulatory Compliance & Governance: OSHA: Trench Safety Instructor, Operator Qualification Master Evaluator: NCCER, EWN, MEA, VeriForce
• Company Start-Up & Expansion
• Managing Labor Issues
• Leadership & Time Management Training
• Strategic Industry Alliances
• Team Building & Performance Evaluation & Improvement
• Pipeline and Distribution Construction:
o Risk Evaluation & Income Potential
o Construction Design and Management
ROBIN DEE ENTERPRISES, INC., CENTRALIA, IL. 2011 – Present
Administrative manager of a $6.5M pipeline and gas distribution company. Set up weekly job costing spreadsheet. Assisted operations manager in evaluating and pricing prospective projects by implementing man-hour and equipment costing versus daily production. Provided fiscal, strategic and operational skills to a “mom and pop” company which had out grown their previous business structure.
Worked with financial institutions to qualify company for necessary operating credit line and competitive equipment financing. Structured rent/purchase options with equipment vendors. Mitigated and settled customer complaints before escalation to litigation. Administered and supervised customer required Operator Qualification and job safety training for all new and existing employees. Advised and worked with owners and management of methods to achieve improved operating and financial results.
• Set-Up job costing/analysis system using labor/equipment costs + overhead divided by production value. Giving a loaded man-hour cost for use in weekly cash projections and project evaluation.
• Created and drafted formal Statement of Qualifications, Mission Statement and Company Vision.
• Incentive program for employees instead of annual raises causing employees to “buy into” company goals. Program paid employee in pre-tax dollars saving employer withholding payments….Synergy.
• Negotiated 15% reduction in Workers Compensation insurance premium by implementing pro-active safety policies, meetings and handbooks.
• Developed & Implemented Long Term Business Plan
A&L UNDERGROUND, INC., LENEXA, KS 1992-2011
Vice President-Operations/Corporate Development of a $50M private corporation engaged in all aspects of underground utility construction including gas and water distribution. Oil, gas and petroleum transmission pipelines, loading and dock pump station fabrication. Natural gas processing and compressor stations. And horizontal directional drilling in the US and internationally.
Worked with numerous mid- and up-stream gas transmission pipeline companies bringing practical, hands-on, producer experience and sound engineering practices to work with, and alongside customer’s engineers regarding design and construction feasibility. Suggested, priced and implemented design changes necessary to complement their natural gas processing, compression and transmission pipeline systems.
Job duties included project risk assessment, estimating, logistics, permitting, financing and resolution of financial impasses related to a project. Acquired, implemented and maintained the company and customer’s safety policies and practices to the front line of construction., When necessary, located international industry partners and negotiated alliances.
• Managed/Co-Managed pipeline and directional drilling projects in 7 countries from $50K to $120M.
o 6-Crosseings of the Tigris River in Iraq during the height of the Iraq conflict. Utilizing entirely Asian and Mid-Eastern work force.
Negotiated $14M in Change Orders after project completion.
o SemCrude 120 mile 8” steel transmission oil pipeline from Burlington, CO to Harper, KS.
• Opened Domestic Division offices in New Orleans, Tampa and Little Rock.
• Negotiated and Created Joint Venture alliances in Mexico, Venezuela, India, Bangladesh, Iraq & Nigeria.
• Managed Directional Drilling, Environmental, Gas, Pipeline, Water and International Operations Divisions during 19 year tenure with company.
• Worked with division leaders to develop roles, responsibilities, expectations and measures of performance.
• New product and service development. Continually striving to develop a better way of accomplishing the task with a better tool.
• Worked with IT programmer to develop utility/pipeline construction & directional drilling bidding and job costing programing package.
• Worked with President on new corporate ventures.
• Develop curriculum for internal training.
• Develop Business Development Strategies and co-managed the Business Development team.
WILLIAMSON DRILLING, INC., Great Bend, KS 1988-1992
Structured and organized an independent oil & gas exploration and drilling company involved in identifying, evaluating, promoting and drilling of potential oil & gas producing properties.
Took potential drill projects from an idea, to sub-surface mapping, through leasing of the property to seismic analysis. Represented WDI as well site geologist throughout the drilling, logging and testing phase. Designed and implemented casing and cementing program. Finalized well completion, testing and state reporting requirements. Evaluated, designed and installed the processing systems necessary to pump, process, meter and sell oil and natural gas from wellhead to tank or pipeline.
Managed and operated a 500 HP rotary drill rig for in-house and commercial use. Discovered and developed over 20 oil producing properties throughout Kansas and Nebraska.
• Recognized by Drilling Engineer Magazine, February 1987 edition, as a Top 20 US Independent Oil & Gas Producer for new discoveries in 1986.
• Developed business plan and investor prospectus.
• In house Well Site Geologist & Production Engineer.
• Presented analysis and recommendations to the WDI Board of Directors on numerous issues.
Bachelor of Science-Earth Sciences Fort Hays State University
Project Management Clemson University
Level 1-Site Safety & Health Officer Complete Safety Institute
Registered Safety Officer (IBOEHS) Complete Safety Institute
CONTRACTOR’S LICENSES & AFFILIATIONS
Florida: CU- Certified Underground Utility and Excavation
Florida: Gas Line Specialty Contractor
Louisiana: Municipal & Public Works-Gas, pipeline, Water & Sewer
North Carolina: PU-Fuel Distribution; PU-Water & Sewer Lines; S-Boring & Tunneling
South Carolina: General Contractor; WL5-Water and Sewer Lines; PL5-Pipelines
Tennessee: MU-A; S-Underground Storage Tanks; CE
Arkansas: A-12-Sewers, Drains and Pipelines
Alabama: MU-Municipal Utilities; H/RR-S- Oil and Gas Field Projects
Washington State Water Well Driller