Lori M. Sansoucie
**** *****’s Crossing Drive
Waukesha, WI 53189
Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing and Communications with extensive experience in account management, community and public relations, strategic planning, media relations, writing and executing and promoting special events. Strength lies in the ability to establish and build relationships, effectively communicate thoughts and ideas and develop and implement new programs. Recognized by management as creative, highly motivated and able to achieve results.
Public Relations Consultant January 2006 – Present
· Provide public relations expertise and services to a variety of clients including California Pizza Kitchens, the Harley-Davidson Museum, Marine Max Luxury Yachts, Wahl Corporation, Tetra Pak, “Tween Waters Inn Resort and Spa, Marcus Corporation and Ulta retail stores
· Activities include developing, planning, budgeting, coordinating and executing community and public relations programs for clients as well as extensive media relations
· Provide crisis communication planning and strategy
· Serve as primary client contact for each account and manage team of junior public relations professionals
· Mentor junior public relations professionals and provide learning opportunities for career advancement
Kohl’s Department Stores, Public Relations Manager December 2004 - January 2006
· Oversaw all public relations activities for Kohl’s stores nationwide including developing, planning, budgeting, coordinating and executing programs.
· Managed internal public relations team and public relations agency to plan and execute programs.
· Partnered with Community Relations team to coordinate and execute community relations programs nationwide including the Kohl’s Cares for Kids hospital program and the Kohl’s Kids Who Care volunteer recognition program.
· Planned, developed, budgeted, coordinated and executed fashion-related public relations for the retailer including overseeing the development and production of seasonal look books and coordinating and staffing seasonal line previews in New York City.
· Conducted media relations for new store openings across the country.
· Fielded all media inquiries for corporate and stores nationwide.
Weber Shandwick, Senior Account Executive November 2002 - December 2004
· Served as account lead and day-to day client contact for the Kohl’s Department Store account.
· Activities included developing, planning, budgeting, coordinating and executing community and public relations programs for the national retailer.
· Responsible for $550,000 annual budget and an account team of eight people.
Weber Shandwick, Account Executive July 2000 - November 2002
· Planned and executed programs for Kohl’s Department Stores to raise funds for children’s hospitals in the cities where Kohl’s stores are located. Annual program, currently in its third year, included a satellite media tour with the 2000 Scripps Howard National Spelling Bee Champion as well as numerous events/parties with various sports celebrities at pediatric hospitals across the country. Media coverage of the program was received in all top twenty Kohl’s markets including New York, Chicago, Minneapolis, Dallas/Fort Worth, Denver, Detroit, St. Louis, and Milwaukee.
· Executed public relations programs three times each year for the grand opening of new Kohl’s stores across the country. Activities included planning, budgeting, developing media materials and conducting media relations around the opening of more than 25 stores in one day.
· Planned and executed a national program for Kohl’s Department store to recognize and reward kids who volunteer in their local communities. Program included a annual satellite media tour with a well-known family and parenting expert as well as three levels of award presentations. Media coverage of the program was received in all top twenty Kohl’s markets including New York, Chicago, Baltimore, Indianapolis, Cincinnati, Minneapolis, Dallas/Fort Worth, Detroit, Pittsburgh, St. Louis, and Milwaukee as well as a national coverage on CNN.
· Executed a public relations program to introduce a new product line for Coleman grills. The program was tied into NASCAR races and targeted fans that tailgate at the races. Media outreach resulted in numerous media placements in major NASCAR race cities including Daytona, Talladega and Charlotte, and national coverage on ESPN and MRN radio network.
Weber Shandwick, Assistant Account Executive January 1998 - July 2000
· Planned, implemented and publicized the "Out of the Park, Into the Books" literacy program based on Starbucks partnership with Mark McGwire to raise money to fight illiteracy. The program received publicity in all major league baseball cities where McGwire hit home runs.
· Created and conducted a consumer contest for Enterprise Rent-A-Car in conjunction with the introduction of their new online reservation system. Program included a satellite media tour and a national radio tour with a celebrity spokesperson. Publicity was received in more than 100 major metropolitan areas in all 50 states.
Weber Shandwick, Account Coordinator November 1996 - January 1998
· Provided all administrative support to the 10-member Consumer Retail. Duties included answering phones, coordinating mailings, working with numerous vendors to ensure timely turnaround on projects billing summaries and creating new business presentations.
Downtown St. Louis, Inc., Special Events Coordinator January 1994 - November 1996
· Planned, produced and publicized, with a small committee, the Annual Christmas In St. Louis Light-Up Ceremony in Kiener Plaza, which draws an attendance of over 700 people.
· Co-produced and publicized the annual Taste St. Louis event to promote restaurants in the City of St. Louis, which nets an average of $40,000 each year.
· Planned, produced and publicized the "Last Wednesdays" series of downtown after-work parties at the request of the mayor of the City of St. Louis to keep more workers downtown after work and to draw more city and suburban visitors for the benefit of downtown restaurants. The average attendance for each of the six events was 300-500 people.
· Recruited all volunteers for special events, various membership events and fundraisers, including recruiting over 150 volunteers for the 3rd annual Taste St. Louis event.
Bock Pharmacal Company, Marketing and Sales Analyst July 1991 - December 1993
· Prepared and presented quarterly and annual sales reports for presentation at annual sales meeting for a pharmaceutical company with annual sales of $30 million. Also prepared sales reports showing yearly comparisons and purchase forecasts.
· Researched and prepared inventory movement reports and formulated sales analysis reports
Public Relations Consultant, 2006 - present
Kohl’s Department Stores, Public Relations Manager, 2005 - 2006
Weber Shandwick, Senior Account Executive 1996-2004
Downtown St. Louis, Inc., Marketing Assistant/Special Events Manager 1994-1996
Bock Pharmacal Company, Marketing and Sales Analyst 1991-1994
Boatmen’s Mortgage Corporation, Customer Service Representative 1989-1991
St. Louis Baseball Cardinals, Intern in Marketing and Group Sales 1988
References available upon request.