VANESSA B. BELL
DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT
BOARD TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT
MAJOR GIFT FUNDRAISING
SPECIAL EVENT COORDINATION AND PLANNING
GRANT WRITING AND PROPOSALS
STRATEGIC PLANNING AND IMPLEMENTATION
LEADERSHIP AND TEAM COLLABORATION
CONFLICT RESOLUTION AND DECISION MAKING
- Goal-driven, results-focused executive with a big-picture vision, leadership, and tenacity to drive the attainment of fundraising management strategies into successful, achievable plans equipped with comprehensive years of strong strategic planning and organizational competencies, capital campaign initiatives and relationship building, and general management qualifications.
- Keen understanding of fundraising priorities a genuine team player and contributor committed to managing goals and objectives flawlessly while exemplifying distinctive leadership functions to develop programs from conception to completion.
- Demonstrated cross-functional communications and interpersonal skills easily interface with individuals at all levels of responsibility, including public officials, corporate executives, and senior leaders.
- Portrayed positive attitude and work effort over the course of career, and maintained the highest professional ethics and standards.
- Outlined and planned for the 100th anniversary gala celebration, restructured the fundraising database to collect accurate donor information for solicitations raised $250,000 for the organization
- Developed fundraising and communication plan for advancement of programs and organizational growth; coined and implemented a 3-year strategic plan encompassing program goals, strategies and objectives
- Managed successful events, including silent / live and online auctions, cause marketing with local businesses, health fairs community arts festival
- Planned and launched special donor events for $10k+ givers / donors
- Rebranded 100-year old organization to include new logo, marketing materials, and messaging
- Restructured and managed website content and updates reduced costs by 90% (www.fs-inc.org)
- Built a fundraising culture by fostering the involvement of the board of directors in fundraising activities, exchange of views / opinions on trends, and training on philanthropy and the importance of fundraising as part of the volunteer leadership role
- Contributed substantial fundraising efforts in surpassing and exceeding campaign goals for three consecutive campaign years from workplace campaigns including State Employees’ Charitable Campaign and the Combined Federal Campaign of Delaware and Central Maryland
RECENT SUCCESSFUL PRINCIPAL FUNDRAISING
- Raised a total of $2.3 million from foundation , corporation and government proposals – Fiscal Year 2011
- Amplified annual direct mail appeal fund by 300% from 2007 to 2009
LEADERSHIP AND OVERALL MANAGEMENT
- Implemented astute ways in orchestrating organizational events, such as fundraising campaigns and activities, community special events, and volunteer recruitment and stewardship
- Handled all facets of fundraising management initiatives, including administration of marketing and communications staff
- Gained reputation for demonstrating hands-on leadership in spearheading numerous public relations and fundraising activities
- Identified and prospected potential donors, and authored numerous grant proposals for government agencies, foundations, and corporations
- Generated and presented statistical analyses to the board of directors and senior staff on fundraising progress and philanthropic trends
- Designed and distributed organizational marketing materials, including annual report, quarterly newsletters, annual appeals
- Demonstrated leadership aptitude in effectively recruiting, training, and managing volunteers
- Determined capital resources by conducting comprehensive research, feasibility, and assessment studies
- Ensured compliance with government, foundations, and corporate grant regulations
Wilmington College | New Castle, DE
Bachelor of Science in Behavioral Science, magna cum laude
FAMILY SERVICES, INC. | GAITHERSBURG, MD
DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT MARKETING AND COMMUNICATIONS, 2007–2011
AMERICAN RED CROSS | WASHINGTON, DC
GIFT OFFICER FUNDRAISING LEADERSHIP, 2005–2007
LONG & FOSTER COMPANIES | COLUMBIA, MD
LICENSED REAL ESTATE AGENT, 2003–2005
UNITED WAY OF CENTRAL MARYLAND | BALTIMORE, MD
DIRECTOR OF RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT, 2003–2005
UNITED WAY OF THE NATIONAL CAPITAL AREA | LANHAM, MD
ASSOCIATE REGIONAL DIRECTOR, 2002–2003
UNITED WAY OF DELAWARE | WILMINGTON, DE
SENIOR CAMPAIGN ASSOCIATE, 1999–2002
- Transformational Leadership Training
- Leadership and Development – Four Roles of Leadership
- Franklin Covey’s Project Management
- Dale Carnegie Public Speaking and Customer Service Training
- International Humanitarian Law, Red Cross Class
- Leadership Delaware, Donor Centered Fundraising by Penelope Burke
- Association of Fundraising Professionals, Washington, DC Chapter
- Non-Profit Montgomery for Development Directors
- Voices for Children-CASA of Howard County, Volunteer
- Generation Hope, Marketing Committee Member
Sage Fundraising Software | RaisersEdge | Andar | Microsoft Office Suite
Cockeysville, MD - public, program, unit, state, staff, recruitment,...
Director of Client Monitoring
Columbia, MD - investments, reporting, mass, crm, insurance,...
Springfield, VA - cynthia, association, meetings, convention, event,...
Alexandria, VA - evaluation, native, grant, substance, programs,...
Manager Executive Assistant
Washington, DC - grant, bridge, event, executive assistant, track,...
Director of Forensics
Arlington, VA - forensic, cyber, intelligence,...
Contracts Manager / Director
Bethesda, MD - closed, federal, contracts, navy, pricing,...