SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
~ Proven Oral & Written Communication Skills ~ Writer/Editor – Tech & Non-tech
~ Advertising, Marketing, Public Relations ~ Project Collaboration & Management
~ Problem Definition & Solution ~ Creative, Intuitive, Detail Oriented
~ Organize Chaos & Meet Deadlines ~ Resourceful, Dynamic Team Player
Radisson SAS Alcron Hotel – Prague, Czech Republic 2004 - Present
• Edit all Czech to English translations for promotional materials, sales/press kits, web sites, media ads, as well as customer correspondence for this 5-star hotel.
Intelligent Marketing Solutions – Atlanta, GA 1996 - Present
Freelance Copy Writer/Editor
• Write/Edit copy for this Atlanta-based marketing firm. Recent articles range from E-commerce to emergency recovery plans for high tech firms to beauty spas.
Littleton Advertising & Marketing – Raleigh, NC 2007 – 2008
• Collaborated with Art Directors and Account Execs in developing Ad campaigns & concepts; then wrote compelling copy for print, web sites and other forms of promotion.
• Provided copy oversight of creative products from inception through completion (proofing/final editing/sign-off).
Rogalowitz Language School – Prague, Czech Republic 1996 - 2004
• Taught English as a Second Language to management-level employees in various national and multi-national companies.
• Edited a variety of Czech to English translations for these companies, including marketing brochures, newspaper copy and instruction manuals.
Pratt & Buehl, Advertising Agency – Atlanta, GA 1993 - 1996
Senior Writer/Editor for International B2B Ad Agency
• Worked closely with creative teams and AEs to develop marketing plans and advertising campaigns; then wrote persuasive, targeted copy for all media. Clients included: Georgia-Pacific, ABB Power T&D, Louis Dreyfus Energy, Siemens and GE Power Systems.
General Dynamics Electric Boat Division – Atlanta, GA 1990-1993
Senior Engineering Writer for US Navy’s Trident Submarine Program
• Managed teams of 5 to 10 writers and illustrators responsible for writing manuals that provided detailed instructions for correcting design errors in Trident submarines. This required working closely with GD design engineers and assimilating engineering design “fixes” into step-by-step instructions for US Navy technicians.
Lockheed Georgia (now Lockheed Martin) – Marietta, GA 1980 – 1987
Associate Engineering Analyst – Operations Analysis Dept., Advanced Programs Division
• Editor, coordinator and associate writer for select volumes of several multi-billion dollar aircraft proposals.
• Author of the Lockheed Style Manual. This manual was the standard for all proposals, reports and briefings for all Lockheed companies for over 20 years.
• Researched and wrote numerous marketing studies at the request of Lockheed Business Development managers that were used in evaluating potential partners for international joint ventures.
M.A., US/Political History Auburn University, 1981 Auburn, AL
Thesis: The Decision to Halt at the Elbe River: The Culminating Mistake of WW II
B.A., US/Political History Columbus State University, 1970 Columbus, GA,
Graduated Magna cum Laude
REFERENCES AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST