Stonemountain, GA 30083
- Responsible and dependable professional with a strong medical background.
- Worked on multiple assignments under pressure maintaining a highly professional and concerned manner.
- Highly motivated and eager to accept new challenges.
Georgia Cancer Specialists (Decatur, Georgia) 12/2005-8/2008
- Assist clinical staff in initiating and directing patient flow through clinic and providing patient care as directed by the physicians and nursing staff.
- Access patients, monitor vital signs and enter/update information into (EMR) Electronic Medical Record system.
- Venipunctures, finger sticks, access ports, place IV catheters for chemotherapy, perform electrocardiographs for research patient’s.
- Administer medication subcutaneous or intra-muscular (growth factors, B-12, flu vaccine, etc.)
- Assist in emergencies, remain calm, and demonstrate critical thinking skills.
- Back up person for Supply Inventory System by correctly removing supplies from the Pyxis, performing cycle counts, restocking supplies in exam rooms and monitoring expiration dates.
- Preceptor for new hires and students perusing externship.
- Follow laboratory procedures for specimen handling and processing, test analysis, reporting, and maintaining logs.
- Able to assist with performing lab testing such as CBC’s and Urinalysis with supervision from qualified lab technologists to review data.
- Able to assist with performing quality control and documenting all QC activities, instrument calibration, instrument maintenance, and troubleshooting instrument problems with supervision from qualified lab technologists to review data.
- Able to link appropriate diagnosis codes to laboratory test orders and send out test samples to appropriate reference lab according to patient insurance type
- Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation Certified
Georgia Medical Institute 3/2005-12/2005
Medical Assistant Certificate
William H. Maxwell High School 9/1996-6/2000
REFERENCES AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST