Thamar Rodriguez 203-***-****
An energetic and highly motivated person with ability to multi-task. A team player that is also comfortable working independently possesses excellent organizational and problem solving skills. Well versed in all aspects of operations management, financial administration, personnel supervision and employee staff development as well as client services and marketing. Establish and maintain positive relations with a wide range of clients utilizing effective communication/negotiation abilities. Demonstrate a high-level of professional integrity and decision making authority as well as effective problem resolution skills.
Teikyo Post University, Waterbury, Connecticut
Bachelor of Science, History
Minor, Political Science
Compass Group Chartwells Dining Services, Trinity College, Hartford, CT
Operations Manager 2005 – Present
• Worked with Labor relations and attempted to motivate staff in a difficult unionized environment.
• Implemented sanitation and safety procedures with weekly associate trainings.
• Directed all marketing and developed New Concepts and Healthy Option eating programs.
• Supervised and trained union employees to ensure prompt & quality service, implemented marketing and merchandising programs, and monitored food quality and presentation.
• Handled purchasing, receiving and storage for all food and supplies. Monitored inventory to control assets and food costs.
Teikyo Post University Compass Group Chartwells Dining Services, Waterbury, Connecticut
Student Manager/Trainer 8/2000-3/2005
• Supervises Campus Dining program and all aspects of opening and closing the unit
• Responsible for managing a staff of eight employees and training additional staff members
• Handle Front of the house duties including, cash register and cashier reports
• Maintain high customer service by directing and leading a diverse campus population with attention to guest and employee service
Waterbury OIC, Waterbury, Connecticut
Political Science Intern 1/2004-4/2004
• Involved with project assignments, constituent work, and general office duties
• Conduct political aspects including legislative intent, local field work to address community concerns, Hartford fieldwork to attend sessions and engage in committee work
• Researching in case studies focusing on proposed bills and current political events
• Experience with political websites