OBJECTIVE: The experience as a mortgage operations team leader, has equipped me to be detailed oriented in all mortgage tasks. This position has also given me the expertise in various areas, processing, compliances, and underwriting criteria and allowing me to track notable trends in the reporting aspect.
In a leadership role, I have acquired a skill set which includes; Visionary leadership, persuasive communicating skills, encouraging and supporting others and cultivating partnerships. Combining the experiences and the skill set will allow me to matriculate to the next level, which is in banking and or mortgage management: operations, sales and or compliance or underwriting/processing.
ING Mortgage, Wilmington, DE September 2006 - Present
Loan Coordinating Team Leader
Responsible for all daily operations of Loan Coordinating Team
• Manage and monitor daily operations to ensure accuracy and compliance with regulatory and departmental standards
• Responsible for completion of daily audits of team members work production and error rate
• Draft and present projected and final closing and pipeline reports.
• Responsible for responding to Regulation B and other compliance audits and ensuring that policies and procedures are adhered to as outlined in policy manuals
• Highly involved in communication to senior level management as well as external partners i.e. brokers
GMAC Mortgage Corporation, Horsham, PA September 2005- August 2006
Mortgage Operation Team Leader
Supervised and managed all activities of a team of processors ensuring quality standards
• Responsible for overseeing quality and compliance regulations on loans originated by the retail channel
• Responsible for pipeline management and resolving loan files issues by developing solutions and making executive decisions in compliance with regulatory and company policy
• Coached and developed team members in multiple skills including sales and deliver exceptional service to customers, clients and referral sources.
• Responsible for managing personnel matters: staffing, training, performance reviews and corrective action while consistently exceeded Monthly/Quarterly/Annual production performance standards
SLM Financial Incorporation Marlton, NJ March 2003 - October 2004
Mortgage QC Lead Analyst
Managed a team of analysts to ensure compliance on originated loans and offer viable solutions to compliance issues.
• Responsible for investigating selected loans to ensure the validity of compliance/regulatory, documentation, and underwriting guidelines were being met after loan closings.
• Directed and performed onsite loan level due diligence which included identifying trends, investigating red flags and discrepancies provided in monthly reports to senior management.
• Documented exceptions regarding compliance with federal, state, local, investor and company requirement policies and procedures for board presentation.
• Received accolade for redesigning the format of the monthly/quarterly senior management reports.
Cendant Mortgage Mount Laurel, NJ August 1997 – January 2003
Quality Control Analyst
• Responsible for due diligence on selected loans to assure regulatory compliance and underwriting guidelines were being met after loan closings.
• Reviewed early payment default loans and HUD project loans to insure quality, chart trends, and detect fraud.
• Participated in Special Project HUD for 4 months which entailed reviewing Quality Control loans for HUD Audits and re- underwriting FHA and VA packages to meet Freddie Mac and Fannie Mac guidelines.
Quality Assurance Analyst
• Highly focused on due diligence reports of negative evaluations surveys that were reviewed and edited for date errors after entering evaluation and questionnaire data resulting in assigning unfavorable surveys to management for follow-up response.
• Participated and presented a special project to implemented customer service evaluations/surveys for Merrill Lynch and other sources of business which were presented directly to the company President
Scenario Underwriting Desk/Agent Help Desk
• Performed backup support for sales consultants to help navigate FHA and VA guidelines and reviewed conventional, jumbo, FHA and VA loans for pre-approval.
• Underwrote loans and work out solutions daily with account managers, brokers, and selling agents regarding client issues and products.
University of Phoenix Center City, PA
Program - Business Management, BS and Legal Studies, BA
Anticipated Graduation: Spring 2009
Microsoft: PowerPoint; Word, Excel, Access; CPI, Point, Data Traxx, DU/LP, HUD, FHA, VA Training, Customer Service Training and Sales
AFFILIATIONS 11/2004 - Present Refuge Temple Ministries AIDS Ministry Chairperson
10/2003 - Present Refuge Temple Ministries Church Trustee
10/2003 - 10/2004 Diversity/Outreach Committee Team Leader