September 29th, 2008
I believe my extensive sales experience with a proven track record coupled with the ability to multi-task in a competitive business environment will make me an asset to your company.
I also bring forth a creative, strategic, and business focused approach to prioritize and address day-to-day issues. I have a strong commitment to team environment dynamics with the ability to contribute expertise and follow leadership directives at appropriate times.
Accompanied by this letter is my resume for your pursual. I would welcome the opportunity to meet with you to discuss how my experiences would be consistent with your needs.
I thank you for your time and look forward to a favorable response.
Steve B. Westfall
Obtain a full-time position in the Houston or The Woodlands, Texas area that will allow me to work with a company that is a world class leader and apply my abilities to benefit the company, clients and goals.
Self Employed – Registered Financial Advisor
• Responsible for client investment management for a book of business valued upwards of $27 million
• Work closely with external companies to identify and initiate corrective action to ensure client’s investment goals/objectives are met.
• Handle client concerns requests on a daily basis
• Maintain customer correspondence log
• Generate and submit monthly and/or quarterly reports
• Office hardware and software install and problems solving
• Appointment setting and travel coordination
• Assisted in the creation of an electronic file system, converting all forms and documents to PDF format for all serviced clients for increased efficiency
First Northern Bank/Raymond James – Financial Consultant
• Perform prospecting activities, e.g., telephone and face-to face methods to build client base
• Ensure all client files are compliant with industry securities regulations
• Service customer needs and policies effectively
• Conduct needs analysis to determine clients’ financial and insurance needs
• Provide clients with a high level of individualized customer service, full service brokerage services and investment strategies consistent with their individual financial goals and needs for 8 bank branches
• Maintain and manage long-term client relationships
• Meet with external wholesale company representatives to train and stay current with products and services available
• Work closely with branch office staff at 8 branch locations
• Excellent problem solving, networking, communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
• Microsoft OS and Internet knowledge
• Enjoy working with people and providing benefits to them and/or their business
• Enjoy creating and implementing comprehensive needs assessment mechanisms to help forecast demand for services
• High energy forward thinker
• Effectively explain complex information in simple, easy-to-understand terms
• Value ongoing learning and education
• Ethical - possess high integrity
• Securities License Series 7
• Securities License Series 65
• Securities License Series 63
• Life Agent License - multiple states
• Central Texas College – US Naval Base, RP (01/87-05/88)
12 semester units in Business Law
• NCO Non-Commission Officer School – Okinawa Japan (02/87)
• ITS School Camp Pendleton, CA (06/85-08/85)
• Jackson National Life Star Award (2007)
• Hartford Top Producer Award (2007)
• Top Producer for Franklin Templeton (2003, 2004 and 2005)
• Leadership Council Hartford Life (2003, 2004 and 2005)
• Letters of Commendation/Appreciation (11)
• Meritorious Mass Awards (4)
• Outstanding Scores on Physical Readiness Test (2)
• Meritorious Unit Citation (1)
• Overseas Ribbon (3)
• Good Conduct Medal (1)
REFERENCES - Available upon request