Excels at developing competitive brands and fueling business growth in marketing leadership roles. Outstanding at planning marketing strategies that deliver highest return on investment, especially on limited budgets. Proven record of increasing sales and customer engagement with social and digital media.
Focus on growth by understanding what motivates customers on an emotional level. Communicate brand message with consistency and integrity at every touchpoint. Foster a culture of curiosity, dialogue and innovation that engages customers and empowers the brand to evolve with their expectations. Give audiences the motivation and tools to be brand-advocates in the social economy, favor the brand and own that.
Strategic marketing planning
Competitor research & analysis
Budget planning & control
Team leadership & motivation
Managing agencies & studios
Social media & email marketing
Graphic & web design (Adobe CS)
Media planning & buying
Copywriting & speechwriting
Content planning & generation
Media & stakeholder relations
Event planning & organization
Group Marketing Manager, Cayman Distributors Group, Cayman Islands (2010 – 2012)
Senior Executive, planning and executing marketing strategy for national retailer and distributor of global alcoholic beverage brands (eg. Budweiser, Corona, Guinness, Bacardi, Grey Goose) - $50M annual sales.
• Developed effective multi-media retail campaigns, +6% annual sales in 2011 ($1.5M)
• Enhanced campaign and visual merchandising standards, yielding sales uplift of 300% on promotions
• Established studio billing, improving cost-control and increasing vendor MDF claims by 30% ($25K)
• Built and engaged active online community (10% of market) around social media strategy
• Successfully repositioned retail chain as premium brand with comprehensive overhaul of visual identity and value proposition using store signage systems, advertising, social media and product packaging
• Overhauled 4 group websites, optimized for top 2 search rankings and increased inbound leads 400%
• Planned major events (eg. Taste of Cayman), generating sales revenue ($25K+) and showcasing brands
Owner/Manager, Bigfin Marketing Communications, Cayman Islands (2008 to 2010)
Executive Manager with Account Director responsibilities at full-service marketing consultancy, planning & implementing strategy, competitor research & analysis, executing integrated campaigns, creative direction, copywriting, social media management, performance reporting, media buying and producing collateral.
• Wrote and produced government publication that gained nationwide support of public service initiatives
• Organized and promoted international funds conference for prestigious law firm, filling 250 seat space
• Initiated partnership with global airline brand, Virgin Atlantic, for Chamber of Commerce trade mission
Manager Corporate Communications, Cayman Islands Government (2005 – 2008)
Senior Executive overseeing Corporate Communications for 8 government departments, responsible for strategic planning, public relations, media liaison, crisis management, event planning and policy setting.
• Maintained ambitious education reforms atop the national media agenda with extensive PR campaign
• Implemented online communications strategy, engaging 10,000 visitors a month from over 90 countries
• Built favorable public consensus on controversial issues, speechwriting for Ministers and Head of State
Marketing Manager, ComXo, Slough, UK (2004 – 2005)
Senior Manager at telecoms provider, marketing telephony solutions to global consumer and b2b client base.
• Drove successful relaunch of innovative web-based calling service (Call2) with users in 185 countries
• Grew web-subscriptions by 120% in first six months, creating 100% revenue increase
Account Executive, BB&P Marketing Communications, Cayman Islands (2002 – 2004)
Developed key accounts (Cable & Wireless, PwC, KPMG, Deloitte) at the Caribbean's leading full-service marketing consultancy, planning campaign strategy, copywriting, managing creative studio, media planning and print buying.
• Managed $1M launch of b-Mobile brand in 14 territories for Caribbean’s leading telecoms provider
• Oversaw production of collateral and store signage-systems for $50K rebrand of major retail bank
Prior to 2002 - Project Manager at leading creative agencies, London, UK
Creative services project manager for 9 years at global creative agencies in London (Saatchi & Saatchi, Leagas Delaney, Red Cell (WPP Group)), ensuring timely delivery on budget and brief of national press, TV, radio, digital and outdoor campaigns for blue-chip client base including Adidas, BBC, Lloyds-TSB bank, Toyota, HP, American-Express and Carlsberg-Tetley.
• Managed $1.5M print budget for national DM campaigns, negotiating 15% discount ($225k annually)
• Implemented comprehensive overhaul of project-management system, which significantly improved efficiency, budget-control and decreased production time
• Commissioned David Bailey for award-winning photography of England rugby captain in Carlsberg-Tetley press and outdoor campaign
CAM Advanced Diploma in Communications, Chartered Institute of Marketing, London
6 CAM Advanced Certificates (Marketing, Advertising, D.M. & Sales Promotion, P.R., Media, Research)
6 ACCA Professional Scheme accounting qualification module passes
1 A-level and 9 O-Level passes, Easthampstead Park, UK