GARY C. PECIC
MANAGEMENT: Fleet / Maintenance Operations
Dynamic fleet maintenance specialist and leader with a seasoned background contributing to the productivity, operational quality, and profitability of major organizations through strategic orchestration of platforms ranging from vehicle repair to maintenance and servicing centers. Provide vehicle specialists with the guidance, support, training, tools, and motivation to achieve objectives while complying with regulations, processes, requirements, and service standards. Fuel productivity enhancements while maintaining superior levels of safety through expert management of resources and orchestration of operational and shop safety programs. Areas of expertise include:
Fleet Management • Full Project Lifecycle Planning / Leadership • Strategic Planning • Team Facilitation
Vehicle Maintenance Teams • Scheduling • Workflow Management • Documentation • Recordkeeping
Shop Policies / Procedures • Procedural Standardization • OSHA Regulations • Inventory Control
Line Management • Labor Relations: Union / Non-Union • Change Management • Estimates
Regulatory Compliance • Safety • Facility Maintenance • Inspections • Repairs • Security
Vehicle Parts Management • Process Improvements / Optimization • Accurate Inventory Accountability
MS Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint • AS-400 • BellSouth (AT&T) Fleet Management System • Reporting
Atlanta Public Schools, Atlanta, Georgia•
Fleet Maintenance Manager
Coordinates and manages personnel, resources, and departmental communications concerning vehicle needs to assure proper and timely resolution related to the servicing of 383 school buses, 325 motor pool vehicles and equipment. Directs garage activities to assure vehicles are maintained in safe proper operating condition and provide data to improve vehicle specification. Develops written procedures and maintain priorities to comply with established laws, codes, and regulations. Provides recommendations concerning adequate personnel, equipment, supplies, fueling system reports and budget status to insure contracts meet Atlanta Public Schools (APS) needs with efficiencies and cost savings. Communicates with administrators, personnel to coordinate activities and resolve issues and exchange information.
AMERICAN CYBER SYSTEMS, Atlanta, Georgia●
Contractor for AT&T
Emergency Generator Pool Coordinator
Coordinated and performed maintenance operations on AT&T's emergency pool generators, ensuring 95% of units are deployment ready. Performed inventories, parts, emergency preparedness and tools. Performed environmental inspections and insure collection data accuracy. Input data collection according to AT&T's guidelines.
MORGAN CORPORATION, Atlanta, Georgia •
Premier manufacturer of dry freight van, custom cargo truck, refrigerated truck, and stake / platform bodies.
Center Service Manager – Physical Damage / Fabrication
Drove service, sales, and production operations within assigned department focused on the provision of top quality maintenance and repair of corporate brand and competitor vehicles. Ensured the continuous delivery of expert repair, refurbishment, installation, and detail projects encompassing vehicles / parts ranging from trucks, trailers, and vans to hydraulics, lift gates, and paint jobs. Monitored, discussed, and reviewed productivity / performance in the areas of parts availability, work status, assignment load, client billing, and project completion. Prepared job estimates including labor and parts. Planned and controlled budgets. Enforce compliance with safety, OSHA, EPA, and HR requirements. Conducted quality and inventory inspections.
• Impacted account base growth through creation and implementation of new business strategies.
• Elevated staff performance through expert training and introduction of continuous improvement plans.
BUDGET TRUCK RENTAL, East Point, Georgia •
2nd largest provider of truck rental services in the continental U.S. comprised of 2,800 businesses and 32,000 rental trucks nation-wide. Organization is owned and operated by Avis Budget Group.
Maintenance Manager II
Coordinated truck maintenance and repair operations of 1,100 vehicles in Georgia and Alabama regions. Analyzed, planned, and managed physical damage fixes. Provided overall control of operational expenditures (inventory, supplies, and outside service vendor fees), safety / regulatory / OSHA compliance, shop performance, and staff development (hiring, training, motivation, retention, and evaluation). Reviewed driver and accident reports.
GARY C. PECIC
770-***-**** C • firstname.lastname@example.org
• Boosted the productivity of assigned unit from 45% to over 90% through implementation of process improvement and operational restructuring strategies.
• Contributed significant cost avoidance's in the areas of repairs through strategic implementation of preventative maintenance plans.
• Enhanced personnel productivity, knowledge base, and overall quality of skills through support and continuous training on new vehicle models and operational processes / procedures.
• Optimized the efficient and timely repair of vehicles by ensuring service platform was equipped with the necessary tools and equipment.
• Slashed parts shrinkage and ensured compliance with budget restraints through expert management, distribution, and allocation of resources.
BUTLER FLEET SERVICES, Chamblee, Georgia •
Provider of customized fleet maintenance services and tracking system to industry leaders nationally. Organization employs OEM and ASE Certified Technicians that service more than 60,000 vehicles from 500+ customer sites and mobile repair centers. Sole organization of its kind in North America to achieve ISO 9002 certification.
Account Manager – Central Repair Facility
Spearheaded daily routine / preventative maintenance of 1,800 vehicles / equipment focused on organization’s commitment to continuously deliver top quality services while minimizing vehicle downtime and optimizing productivity. Handled reporting, service documentation, and timely / accurate billing. Controlled budget / inventory and enforced compliance with EPA and OSHA regulations. Managed reporting, billing, payroll, and parts administration. Repaired and maintained TechNet and GPS systems.
• Propelled productivity in maintenance platform meeting flat rate standard exceeding 100%.
• Maintained superior levels of customer satisfaction through expert administration of quality audits and continuous communication with account holders, securing special approvals and ensuring work compliance with individual requirements.
• Successfully slashed comeback work to 90 days or 3,000 miles.
BELLSOUTH TELECOMMUNICATIONS (AT&T), Atlanta, Georgia •
Wholly-owned subsidiary of BellSouth Communications – leading provider of telecommunication services.
Fleet Manager – Central Repair Facilities – Georgia Operations
Specifications / Capital Budget Coordinator
Warranty / Environmental Coordinator
Headquarters Staff Manager
Orchestrated preventative and routine maintenance services within 2 central facilities charged with 4,000 vehicles, including overall management of $6.6M expense budget. Conducted vehicle ordering, audits, contract maintenance, inventory control / purchasing, enforcement of safety / environmental procedures, and monitoring of performance quality within contract labor environment. Supported goal attainment through performance tracking / supervision / reviews.
• Generated significant improvements in parts purchasing, inventory management, and vendor operations through strategic consolidation.
• Impacted operational quality and profitability with the creation of repair procedures, Safe Harbor Tax Deferral Program (resulted in $500K savings), and enhanced environmental coordination strategies that ensured EPA compliance as well as minimized waste while serving as Departmental Environmental Coordinator (DEC).
• Facilitated standardization of BST “motor vehicle” and “up-fitter” specifications focused on over 26,000 vehicles through development of comprehensive documentation.
• Secured $1M in warranty returns while serving as Vehicle and Equipment In-House Warranty Administrator.
Career Note: Additional role at BellSouth Telecommunications includes Technical Support Zone Representative Manage / Technician. Details on request.
Bachelor of Business Administration in Business Management
Ft. Lauderdale College of Business and Finance, Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT / TRAINING
Hazardous Material Control and Emergency Response
Armed Forces – Maintenance, Supply, Aviation, and Medication Administration