CAROLE SAMS HOEMEKE
In-depth experience in institutional advancement and fund-raising. A results-oriented, cost-effective manager with strong communication and organizational skills. Strong computer background – application development and training.
2006 - present GBH, INC, Kennesaw, Georgia. Online auction dba GunBroker.com.
• Customer Service: Respond to customer requests and challenges via email.
• Security: Analysis of login data for manual security checks, duplicate records, illegal activity.
2004 – present SOCIAL SPECIALTIES, INC , Suwanee, Georgia.
Creative Gift, Stationery and Events Solutions company.
• Owner/Consultant: Working with small business and individuals to find the item that is appropriate for clients while speaking well for the individual or organization; print brokering; corporate branding.
2004 - 2005 MCGINNIS WOODS COUNTRY DAY SCHOOL, Alpharetta, Georgia. Private independent school, 150 students prek-4 through 6th grade.
• Director of Development & Admissions: Coordinate all fundraising efforts, communications, admissions and special events. Worked with development of Web-based parent communications.
1994 - 2004 SAMS CONSULTING, San Francisco, California and Suwanee, Georgia.
• Owner/Consultant: Management Consultant for non-profit organizations; trained staff on computer applications related to development efforts including management of database (Raiser’s Edge) and the utilization of Microsoft Office applications in streamlining systems. Refined various software applications to specific needs of client. Clients include but not exclusive to: Stanford Graduate School of Business, Planned Parenthood of Atlanta, Atlanta Women’s Foundation, Epstein School.
1998 - 1999 SAN FRANCISCO ZOO, San Francisco, California.
• Director of Major Gifts: Coordinate high level Membership recruitment, retention and events; manage database and develop computer applications.
1995 - 1998 SAN FRANCISCO UNIVERSITY HIGH SCHOOL, San Francisco, California. A private, independent school, 9-12 grades: 380 students,
• Assistant Director of Development: Coordinate Annual Giving solicitation of entire constituency, alumni relations and special events, and develop computer applications.
1994 - 1995 THE TECH MUSEUM OF INNOVATION, San Jose, California. A science museum.
• Director of Membership: Coordinate Membership recruitment, retention and events; manage database and develop computer applications.
1992 - 1994 JOHN BURROUGHS SCHOOL, St. Louis, Missouri. A private, independent school, 7-12 grades: 580 students, 4800 alumni, $6.8 million annual budget; $825,000 annual giving goal; $17.2 million endowment.
• Assistant Director of Development: Coordinate Annual Giving solicitation of entire constituency,alumni relations and special events, and develop computer applications.
1990 – 1992 DICK HEDBERG & ASSOCIATES, St. Louis, Missouri. Development consulting firm for cultural, educational and social service agencies.
• Development Consultant: Provide the mechanics to conduct all components of annual giving and capital campaigns, including of development, communication, board training, public relations and strategic planning. Conducted feasibility studies and organizational assessments. Designed, marketed and managed program, Develop Your Potential, which provided training and tools to small groups.
CAROLE SAMS HOEMEKE
VOLUNTEER LEADERSHIP ACTIVITIES
Amy Biehl Foundation Founding Board Member 1995 – Present.
Susan G Komen Atlanta Breast Cancer 3 Day – Crew, 2008 Crew captain Coach, 2007 Crew Captain, Gear & Tent, 2006 Crew, Gear & Tent.
American Cancer Society – 2006- present, volunteer
March of Dimes, Atlanta 2007 Volunteer
Barefoot in the Park Fine Arts Festival Steering Committee, 2004-present
Junior League of Gwinnett & North Fulton Counties Member, 1999-present; President, 2005-2006; President-Elect, 2004-2005; VP Finance, 2003-2004; Chair, Gala Auction 2001-2003.
Gwinnett Ballet Theatre Advisory Board, 2005-2006
McGinnis Woods Country Day School, Chair Fundraising, 1999-2004; President PTA, 2001-2003.
March of Dimes/St. Louis Blues Celebrity Golf Classic, Committee Member 1991-1993
Chair Program Book Advertising & Silent Auction, 1993; Co-Chair Publicity, 1992.
The Women's Consortium, Member 1991-1993.
Board Member 1992 & 1993; Chair, Marketing & PR: Summit V, 1993 & Summit III, 1991;
Chair, Advertising & Marketing, 1993; Editor, Newsletter, 1992-93 - a monthly publication
Stanford University Reunion Leadership Committee 2009, 2005, 2001
John Burroughs School, Volunteer, 1990-present
Coordinated 5 year reunion, Phonathon volunteer
Pi Beta Phi Fraternity, Alumnae 1990-present
Program Coordinator, 1992 & 1993
NSFRE, St. Louis Chapter, Philanthropy Day, Awards Presentation Coordinator 1991
Developed awards presentation slide show and produced all graphic layout of written materials.
Breast Cancer Awareness: Participant in Avon 3-Day, Atlanta 2-Day Walk, Making Strides Walk and Relay for Life (American Cancer Society), Race for the Cure, St. Louis.
M.A. degree, Sociology, March 1990, Stanford University, Stanford, California.
Participated in an International Perspectives in Organizations an international education experiment in cooperation with the Stanford Graduate School of Business and the Copenhagen Business School, Copenhagen Denmark.
B.A. degree, Human Biology, December, 1989, Stanford University, Stanford, California.
Graduate, 1985, John Burroughs School, St. Louis, Missouri.
Professional Development courses including:
Junior League Leadership Training Programs (Various)
How to Effectively Market Your Not-For-Profit Organizations
Empowering People and Organizations to Excel Under Pressure
Fundamentals of Fund Raising in a Competitive Market (Executive Development Center,
University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign)
First Course in Fund Raising, NSFRE
Basics of Fund Raising (University of Missouri - St. Louis)
COLLEGE AWARDS AND HONORS
Stanford University Mascot, "The Tree," 1986-87
Pi Beta Phi Fraternity
Member; Treasurer - managing a $40,000 annual budget, 1986-1988
Recipient of Province and Chapter AAC Award for Attitude, Service & Example, 1988
Crystal Report, BlackBaud applications, Microsoft Office Suite, Various Publishing Software, QuickBooks, Quicken and various older database software.