Findlay, OH ****0
Seeking a challenging opportunity within a dynamic company to utilize proven capacity to improve and maximize business and finance functions.
Proactive, results driven professional experienced in all facets of accounting and auditing.
Demonstrated ability to make sound judgments based on data obtained and clearly communicates the work results, orally and in writing.
Project Planning, Budget Preparation, Team Building, Problem Solving, Invoice Preparation, Invoice Processing, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Account Reconcilements, Customer Service Relations, Royalty Relations, Government Regulations,
JD Edwards Solutions, Everest Advanced, Peachtree, QuickBooks, Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint
Formulated, implemented, and refined a new business protocol for a start-up company marketing internet based sport specific strength training, conditioning, and rehabilitation programs. Coordinate worked between All-STARR, Limited and Findlay Publishing to develop, design and refine the sports training website www.all-starr.com. Directed the production of a marketing and training video entitled “The ALL-STARR® Way”
As a Regional Sales Director with the National School Fitness Foundation, I played an instrumental role in implementing an innovative concept where a private not-for-profit foundation formed partnerships with public school district throughout America for the purpose of placing state-of-the-art fitness centers in the schools to be used in conjunction with existing physical education curriculums. The purpose for establishing the partnerships was implementation of cost-effective exercise strategies designed to help American youth achieve a measurable increase in health and fitness. The foundation was successful at placing over 600 fitness centers in 20 states over a 3 year period. I had a hand in the placement of over a third (210) of those fitness centers in Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Illinois and Pennsylvania.
Appointed coordinator of forecast and profit analysis and was responsible for preparing the annual Business Plan for Domestic Production U.S. Organized and communicated complex accounting issues to financial management and drafted request letters for forecast information. Delegated tasks to individual accountants, supervised and coached individuals on presentation skills, and compiled data into the Business Plan. All projects were completed efficiently, resulting in the successful presentation of the Business Plan and Financial Forecast.
Ball Corporation - Findlay. Ohio
Project Accountant (October 2006 – Present)
• Gathered necessary report information and developed Excel spreadsheet schedules to document the bi-monthly comparison of actual expense numbers with those in the budget and forecast for project engineers and management to use in monitoring $100MM in projected spending on four (4) End-line Can Projects. Generate applicable OneWorld financial and project detail reports; reviewed reports to determine if information contained therein accurately reflects the periods transactions. Reforecast each project and provided detailed explanations for variances when comparing budgeted expenditures to those for actual plus unpaid commitments to see if spending remained in compliance with forecasted and budgeted projections.
UGA-Association Fields Services - Broadview Heights, Ohio
Field Service Representative (2004 – 2005)
• Responsible for making sales presentations to small business owners and self-employed individuals on behalf of the National Association for the Self-Employed; an association offering over 100 benefits, including access to affordable health insurance with The Mega Life and Health Insurance Company.
National School Fitness Foundation - American Fork, Utah
State Sales Director – Ohio, Michigan, Indiana & Kentucky (2001 – 2004)
• Made effective sales presentations to school district superintendents, boards and staff on behalf of a not-for-profit foundation intent on placing state-of-the-art fitness centers in school districts throughout America; focused on implementing cost-effective exercise strategies designed to help American youth achieve a measurable increase in health and fitness.
All-Starr Sports, LTD - Findlay, Ohio
V. P. of Sales & Business Development (2001 – 2002)
• Proposed, established, and streamlined new business protocol for a start-up company marketing internet based sport specific strength training, conditioning, and rehabilitation programs.
• Coordinated the development and refinement of the sports training website www.all-starr.com.
• Directed the production of a marketing and training video entitled “The ALL-STARR® Way”
Marathon Oil Company - Findlay, Ohio
Accounting Analyst (1979 – 2000; Lay-Offs December 2000)
Production Revenue Administration (1995 - 2000)
• Calculated and recorded the company’s equity interest in revenue received for oil and gas production from domestic upstream operations.
Production Accounting/Financial Reporting and Analysis (1982 -1994)
• Coordinated the preparation and presentation of the annual Business Plan and Quarterly Revisions for Domestic Exploration & Production, United States. Prepared the Monthly Financial Analysis Report comparing Actual Income and Expense to the Forecasted Business Plan and Quarterly Revision; explaining anomalies and significant variances to Division management and Region personnel. (1985 -1990)
• Maintained various accounting manuals and skeleton programs that supported the accounting for oil and gas production.
• Maintained and upgraded computer applications used to produce various monthly accounting reports. (1982 - 1984)
Advanced Auditor - Internal Auditor Division (1979 - 1982)
• Fulfilled responsible for staffing, planning, and supervision of the field work; preparation of financial statements, audit reports and management letters.
• Types of audits performed included Internal Controls Review and Evaluation, Systems Compliance, Financial, Operational, Major Construction and Joint Venture.
Ernst & Ernst, CPA’s - Cleveland, Ohio
Staff Auditor (1977-1979)
• Acquired accounting and auditing experience in relation to companies of various industries, including insurance, manufacturing, real estate, publishing, and non-profit accounting.
B. S. in Accounting, University of Findlay, Findlay, Ohio