Rusty A. Gaither
Management level professional with over ten year’s experience. Detailed and organized with the ability to multi-task. Develops strong relationships and works well with all levels of personnel through networking and effective communications. Adaptable to new processes and procedures. Continuous development and analysis research for new procedures and methods to be more efficient. Goal and results oriented.
HIGHLIGHTED PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
DEPARTMENT OF THE ARMY, Fort Riley, Kansas May 2008 - Present
Safety and Occupational Health Manager
• Provides advice to supervisors in the establishment of techniques and procedures for the elimination or control of unsafe acts (conditions), environments or hazards.
• Conducts assistance visits ensure compliance with all safety and occupational health regulations.
• Conducts on-site investigations in cases of injury accidents to determine causes and procedures for eliminating causal factors.
• Prepares technical reports based on surveys and findings and analyzes mishap trends.
• Observes work methods and recommends corrective measures to eliminate unsafe work practices.
• Prepares training materials and conducts safety training classes and briefings.
• Develops countermeasure procedures, by recommending changes and remedies that will reduce accident rate and reverse trends.
• Advises personnel on the need for safety and health protective equipment based on work environments and established regulatory requirements.
• Conducts construction site inspections to determine compliance with applicable safety code requirements (OSHA, National Fire Codes, etc.).
• Assists in the preparation of regulatory, quarterly and annual safety reports and other documents required by U.S. Department of Labor (DOL), and higher organization.
• Maintains log of recordable and reportable accidents/incidents within the organization.
• Participates in organization meetings to determine potential problem areas and provide guidance in proper safety procedures.
• Provides guidance to organization leadership in the storage, handling and transportation of hazardous materials and makes recommendations to ensure regulatory compliance.
• Writes articles regarding safety and occupational health for organizational needs.
GAITHER TRUCKING, Muskogee, OK October 2006 – May2008
• Operations Manager of family owned trucking company.
• Negotiated Military, Commercial and Civilian logistic contracts throughout the U.S.
• Prepared written and verbal quotes and bidding.
• Developed company business and operations plan.
• Maintained accounts payables and receivables.
DEPARTMENT OF THE AIR FORCE, Tinker AFB, OK July 1999 – October 2006
McAlester AAP, OK
Firefighter/Hazardous Materials Technician
• Driver/Operator and structural, crash and rescue crew member.
• Responded to all local, mutual aid, military ordinance and aircraft emergencies.
• Monitored and maintained multiple types of firefighting equipment and records including self contained breathing apparatus.
• Maintained and updated pre-fire rescue and evacuation plans.
• Administered basic life support and patient preparation for transport.
• Operate, tested, serviced and maintained records for Haz-Mat response equipment.
• Documented and communicated clear and concise fire department response and operation reports.
• Operated communications and dispatch equipment.
• Developed and completed over 150 SOP’s for firefighter health and safety standards requirements.
• Issued special hazardous work permits.
UNITED STATES AIR FORCE, Luke AFB, AZ November 1995 – January 1999
• Honorably served as an enlisted member of the United States Air Force as a firefighter.
American InterContinental University
Hoffman Estates, Illinois US
Bachelor's Degree - 4/2010
Major: Business Administration Management
Associate Degree - 3/2009
Major: Associate of Arts in Business Administration
Business Management Degree Program.
Relevant Coursework, Licensures and Certifications:
Eastern Kentucky University – Certified Safety and Health Specialist, 22 April 2009. OSHA General Industry Outreach Trainer, Construction Safety and Health, OSHA 501 train the trainer, OSHA Construction, OSHA Electrical, OSHA Ergonomics, OSHA Hazardous Material Control and Response, OSHA Industrial Hygiene, OSHA recordkeeping.
United States Army Combat Readiness /Safety Center –Joint Services Safety and Occupational Health Course, April 2009 -Explosives Safety Management, Legal Aspects of Safety, Motor vehicle and Transportation Safety, Applied Safety Protection and Analysis. Safety Management Systems, Accident Investigation and Analysis, Radiological Health and Safety, Research Methods and Special Problems, Aviation Safety Management, Systems Safety in Engineering, Fundamentals of System Acquisition (ACQ 101), Blue Print Reading and Interpretation, and Inter-Service Range Safety (Intermediate).
Computer Skills: Efficient with Microsoft Windows applications such as Access, Word, Publisher, Excel, Outlook, Power Point, and many different online reporting programs. Learns new programs easily.
Customer Service Safety
San Francisco, CA - occupational, fire, safety, campus, health,...
Seasoned Environmental, Safety and Health Professional
Cincinnati, OH - air, force, air force, occupational, environmental,...
Safety Officer Management
Iowa Park, TX - safety officer, fire, firefighter, osha, hazmat,...
Floresville, TX - occupational, safety, waste, environmental, fire,...
Project Manager Safety
India, Tirunelveli, TN - safety, safety officer, occupational, project,...
United States - hse, safety, rescue, fighting, occupational,...
Jackson, MS - safety, hazardous, safety manager, occupational,...