ADVERTISING SALES EXECUTIVE
Cell: 512-***-**** Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Enthusiastic and competitive professional with substantiated successes in sales, marketing, advertising, and media. A leader with extensive experience in demanding work environments and a proven ability to prioritize business needs, then implement creative solutions. Consistently demonstrates a passion to exceed organizational goals by increasing market share, improving customer satisfaction, improving quality and reducing cost.
Advertising Account Management Bids and Proposals
Commercialization Issues Inventory Management Customer Needs Analysis
Market Segmentation Presentations Marketing and Media Campaigns
Radio Media TV Media Contract Negotiations
Estimating Sales Business-To-Business Sales Business-To-Customer
Nine years advertising agency experience negotiating media buys and acting account manager on media intensive accounts. Seven years sales experience calling on prospects at C-level that billed $10,000-$300,000 per year. Collaborated with agency and station staff to deliver client needs within budget parameters. Possess excellent writing, presentation, and negotiation skills as well as strong understanding of media ratings and selling rationale.
KNVA-TV Austin’s CW affiliate (former WB station) Austin, Texas
Sales Account Executive October 1999 – April 2007
• Led high volume account list requiring spotless time management and organization.
• Developed 26 new accounts while servicing a labor intensive account list
• Consecutive sales leader making budget every quarter
• Increased revenues on Pizza Hut and Taco Bell accounts by 25%, two of the largest accounts for the station.
• Created post-sell video showing station’s positive performance entitled “Who Do You Love.” This video featured WB stars and the station’s strong performance for client over the previous year.
• Authored and delivered PowerPoint research and advertising presentations to groups up to 50 managers. Management stated presentation skills are the best among peers.
Kolar Advertising (r.j. kolar) Austin, Texas
Media Director/Account Manager February 1997 - October 1999
• Planned, negotiated, and purchased all advertising print, broadcast, outdoor, and internet media for agency’s accounts.
• Organized and implemented Schlotzsky’s Blood Drives. Managed added-value promotions on purchased radio stations. Authored press releases. Interviewed in morning radio talk shows. Doubled average daily blood donations from 1997 to 1998.
• Negotiated media buys for the 1998 Austin Travis County Livestock Show and Rodeo resulting in a 7% increase in ticket sales over 1997.
• Initiated contact with the carnival provider for the 1998 rodeo. Negotiated media buy and promotion while cooperating with the marketing department to generate increased carnival traffic.
• Planned, presented and implemented a Schlotzsky’s television buy that delivered 105% of purchased rating points.
• Negotiated media buys for Central Texas Buick’s dealer group of 17 dealerships. In one week, provided a detailed media spending and production audit showing each dealer’s spending for the prior year.
Heidi Proctor Page 2 (2)
Bazzirk, Inc. Austin, Texas
Media Director August 1993 - October 1996
• Founded the agency’s media department ordering Nielsen and Arbitron ratings subscriptions and magazine reference publications.
• Placed media for Dell Staffing and Recruitment, Dell Factory Outlet, Main Street Homes, Stream International, and River Place Development.
• Launched Peritas-Onlines’s training services in the United States with a test market in Austin using radio, newspaper, and local television websites.
• Negotiated radio buys advertising Stream’s software products in Dallas, Boston, San Francisco and New York resulting in increased demand for those products. Planned and implemented successful print campaigns.
• Placed media for Main Street Homes resulting in the sale of 15 home sites in one weekend.
Temerlin McClain (formerly Bozell Southwest) Irving, Texas
Media Planner October 1991 - October 1992
Assistant Media Planner July 1990 - October 1991
• Organized and implemented media plans, promotions, and evaluations in Texas, Florida and Washington, D.C., for NationsBank (Bank of America) during and after its successful merger with C&S Sovran. Evaluated loan programs advertising to low income and minority targets as part of NationsBank’s Community Reinvestment Act.
• Negotiated magazine merchandising opportunities for Tone Soap leveraging an 8.5 million dollar magazine budget for added promotions.
• Planned and implemented media opportunities for Greyhound Bus Lines.
American Women in Radio and Television The University of Texas Longhorn Alumni Band Programming Co-Chair 2006-2007 Board of Directors 2003-2006, President 1997-1998
American Marketing Association The University of Texas Club
Warner Brothers Television (WB) Southwest Affiliates Year 5 (Y5) Innovator Award – 2000
KXAN/KNVA 5 Year Certificate of Appreciation
The University of Texas at Austin
Master of Science in Technology Commercialization May 2008
The Master of Science in Technology Commercialization is an executive business degree that focuses on new business, value creation, and the rapid transfer of research, knowledge, and technology from an idea to market. The program includes courses in Finance, Accounting, Marketing, Strategy, New Product Development, Risk, and Management.
TechBA Program, Global Commercialization Group, IC2 Institute Austin, Texas
Research Associate/Intern September 2007 – May 2008
The University of Texas at Austin
Bachelor of Science in Advertising May 1990
Focal Point and Counterattack Texas Association of Broadcasters
Brian Tracy - November 2003 Sales Seminars - Various 2000-2006
Certificate in Public Communication and Issues Management
The University of Texas at Austin - February 1996