Experienced engineer looking for a company that values experience and provides challenges.
CLOVIS, NEW MEXICO 88101
575-***-**** (Land line)
Process Improvement Highlights:
• Avoided capital equipment expenditure by over $1 million by developing a method to utilize existing equipment for novel processing.
• Realized 20% yield gain while reducing cycle time by 30% by identifying and eliminating non-value-added procedures. (Lean Manufacturing Value Stream Mapping)
• 56% chemical cost reduction. 45% product yield improvement.
• Root Cause Analysis and subsequent development and implementation of a major process breakthrough that resulted in the complete elimination of 65% yield loss.
• Initiated push to create standardized process documentation and manufacturing controls, and develop and deploy a Shop Floor Management system to comply with ISO, Aerospace, Defense, and Commercial customer requirements
• Member of DRS Ambassador staff.
• Developed, introduced and managed the highly successful Employee Suggestion Program. This initiative grew in scope and popularity, with over 50% employee participation.
• Technical Award for Excellence by the Advanced Technology Group of Texas Instruments’ Defense Systems and Electronics division: awarded to less than 2% of TI’s Technical population.
• Texas Instruments’ Quality Award for leading our team to high achievement.
Bachelor’s Degree in Biology
Southern Methodist University, Dallas, Texas
Six Sigma Green Belt Lean Manufacturing
Villanova University, Online
Volunteer and Paid Positions: Dallas, TX; Clovis NM Feb 2009 – Present
While riding out the recession I sampled various industries, through paid positions as well as voluntary activities. The recession necessitated relocation to Clovis, NM, where, due to lack of manufacturing facilities, I researched potential career changes resulting in numerous learning opportunities, including:
• Coached Richland College Student Government Association executives to apply project management concepts to their organizational activities, contributing to that SGA's being selected as 2011 Chapter of the Year at the regional level, with a nomination at the state level.
• Repaired furniture for the Fisher House at Fort Sam Houston, San Antonio TX
• At the request of a city PAC, I ran for an elected position as City Councilwoman for the City of Farmers Branch Texas.
• Co-author and holder of Provisional Patent for Photobioreactor to grow, harvest and utilize organic material (algae).
• Fork Lift Operator certification
• American Red Cross CPR certification
• Logistics – shipping and transportation
• Dairy industry familiarity – from grain, through cow, to consumer
• Passed criminal checks, background checks, drug tests
• Retail industry
Manufacturing Industry Experience:
Micropac Industries: Garland TX; Aerospace Supplier
Manufacturing Process Engineer June 2008 – February 2009
• Contract position to direct the Enterprise-Wide Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing introduction for a small Aerospace supplier. Created a comprehensive Value Stream Map and provided guidance on Lean processes to achieve Supplier Excellence Alliance certification.
DRS Technologies: Dallas TX; Defense Contractor – Infrared Devices
Assembly Engineering Manager October 1998 – August 2007
• Key contact for project development and initial regulatory and validation testing and documentation for Cryo-cooled infrared (“night vision”) devices. Interface with thin film, etch, metallization, and product engineering teams to assure quality, stability, and proof of design.
• Project Manager to integrate new products, processes, systems and personnel from an acquired out-of-state company into our existing factory – without negative impact to existing customers or processes. This multi-faceted, high profile, multi-million dollar project was completed On Time and Under Budget.
• Established and maintained Quality Assurance directives in order to achieve and maintain ISO, Military, and Defense certifications. Projects encompassed every area of the manufacturing process – from raw materials definition and acquisition to after-the-sale customer interface and problem-solving.
• Identify and create SOW (Statement of Work) for Outsource fabrication.
Raytheon/TI Systems: Dallas TX; Defense Contractor – Infrared Devices
Senior Process Engineer October 1997- October 1998
• Product/Project Development and Integration: Manage technical interface between Design, R&D, and Manufacturing to transition developmental programs into full-rate production.
• Design to Cost (DTC) and Design for Manufacturability (DFM) efforts for new product development. Conduct kick-off meetings and project status meetings with the project team, manufacturing, and management. Identify and document lessons learned.
• Completely overhauled Manufacturing shop flow management and documentation systems to eliminate duplication and to simplify and standardize the information processes. This resulted in the reduction of over 900 documents to less than 100 and eliminated confusion and mistakes due to conflicting or out-of-date instructions.
Texas Instruments: Dallas TX; Defense Contractor – Infrared Devices
Process Engineer: Photolithography February 1994 – October 1997
• Identify, support and manage process development and continuous improvement initiatives in a fast paced, high volume manufacturing environment
• Process modeling, experimental design and optimization including continuous improvement through Statistical Process Control, Design of Experiments and Lean Six Sigma activities.
• Implement new methodologies, materials, machine processes and products.
• Capital equipment justification, selection, purchase, installation, qualification, and operator training.
GaAs, HgCdTe, and Si Substrates:
Dry (Plasma) Etch
Positive and Negative working resists
Step and Repeat, Scanning, and Contact systems
Back End (SMT):
Assembly of commercial electro-mechanical devices: processes, machining methods, and improvements.
Wire Bonding (Au Ball and Al Wedge)
Team Leader: Weld, Solder, Pick and Place, Quality Assurance, Die Attach
Manufacturing Standards Familiarity includes:
Defense, Aerospace, and Military:
Lean/Six Sigma Proficiencies include:
Root Cause Analysis
Value Stream Map
Voice of the Customer
Design of Experiments
Design for Manufacturability
Microsoft Office Suite:
• Project Server
Specialized Software Packages:
• Shop Floor Management
• Enterprise Resource Planning
• Texas Instruments/Raytheon IPDP (Integrated Product Development System)
• Quality Assurance
• Research and Development
• Capital Equipment Identification, Acquisition, Installation, and Qualification