To work as a Sales Representative, Business Development Manager, or Sales Manager. I have a wide range of experience including Branch Manager, Internet Technology, and Commercial Property & Casualty, and Business Division Development.
• 31 years of direct business sales and management experience
• Highly trained in selling both tangible and intangible products
• Utilize many different prospecting tools
• Top Sales Honors and awards
• Great motivational skills with sales staff and management
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
I am very efficient with all of Microsoft’s applications, and have an Information Technology background.
• Sales Management
• Business Development
• Product Development
• Prospecting Tools
• Cold calling in person
• Cold Calling on the phone
• Proposal Development
• Sales closing skills
• Calling on CEO’s, CFO’s, and Controllers
Michigan Insurance Licensing
Life and Health
Commercial Property & Casualty
Business Consultant 04/2010 – Present
I am presently working as a Business Consultant in the New Car Dealer market. I specialize in risk management. This means that I work with the dealer to eliminate high risk hazards that raise their Insurance costs. New Car Dealers accept insurance bids each year from qualified insurance companies. Due to the nature of New Car Dealers, their Property & Casualty Insurance is very complex. I utilize my expertise to analyze each bid. I then make my recommendation.
Business Development Manager, 09/2008 – 04/2010
PSI Insurance Agency, Lansing, MI
I was hired to grow the company. I developed a new Dealer Operations Division that sold to New/Used auto dealers. I trained administrative and sales staff on the unique Insurance needed in the auto dealer market.
• Trained sales staff on the technical aspects of the industry
• Called on auto dealers with sales staff
• Trained sales staff on developing a proposal
• Trained sales staff on closing the sale
Account Manager, 09/2004 – 08/2008
Sentry Insurance Co., Stevens Point, WI
This position was with the Dealer Operations Group. The position entailed calling on Dealer Principles at New/Used Auto Dealers, Auto Repair, and Agriculture Equipment dealers in a defined geographical region. The products that I was responsible for included Property & Casualty Insurance, Group Life-Health-Disability, 401k Pensions, and Individual Life. I was number one in sales in 2005 and 2006.
Channel Sales Manager, 09/1997 – 08/2004
Internet Security Systems Inc., Grand Rapids, MI
I was employed by Internet Security Systems, Inc. and contracted to Ameritech Telecommunications to drive sales and track the implementations of network security and high-speed internet products and services.
• Included managing 30+ data sales and engineering personnel, sales/product training, sales calls, presentations, network design
• I attained a sales volume of $2.2 million in 1998 and was at 160% of quota. In 1999, my sales volume was $3.6 million and 260% of quota. In 2000, I was at 280% of quota and in 2001 I was the number one Sales Manager at Internet Security Systems
Branch Manager, 08/1975 – 09/1997
Hovinga Business Systems Inc.
Responsibilities included sales people, administrative staff, and Service Dept.
• Field trained sales people in copier, facsimile, and typewriter sales
• Sold to major accounts such as Buick world headquarters
• Sold General Motors Parts Division 200 copiers, Hovinga’s largest account
Master of Science – Management
Aquinas College, Grand Rapids, MI
Bachelor of Science – Business Administration
Aquinas College, Grand Rapids, MI
HONORS AND ACTIVITIES
• Hovinga Business Systems – Sales Manager of the Year
• Internet Security Systems – Top Channel Sales Manager of the Year
• Sentry Insurance – Top Sales Honors as rookie of the year
Top sales and management honors
Excellent in closing sales
Great cold calling skills
A leader in business to business sales
Work well with limited direction
Reference Name Profession Phone Number Years Known
Scott Grinwis Sales Manager 616-***-**** 31
Craig Wallace Sales 616-***-**** 22
Kevin Hill Sentry Insurance 216-***-**** 8