ANDREW H. ISAACS
New Jersey 07921 908-***-****
A leadership opportunity to leverage my experience, training, and acquired skills in Strategic Planning, Marketing/Sales, New Business Development, Product Development, Managed Care, Medical Education and Relationship Management to positively influence performance and revenues.
A confident and well rounded Cross-Functional Leader, skilled in implementing Operational Improvements resulting in environments that encourage synergistic activities. Proven record of achievements in developing and leading Strategic Planning, New Product Development, Marketing, Business Development, Medical Education, Market Research, Sales Training, and Scientific teams, from concept through launch phases. Capable of managing multiple priorities, utilizing creative and analytical problem solving techniques. A bottom-line profitability and market share minded individual who understands the importance of maintaining excellent customer satisfaction.
SELECTED CAREER HIGHLIGHTS
BUSINESS STRATEGY and OPERATIONS
• Strategic, Business Development, and complete Operational accountability for privately held promotional medical communications agency.
• Established internal “Best Practices” Standard Operating Procedures across multiple functions resulting in significant improvements in organizational business processes, resource utilization, and budget allocations.
• Restructured Marketing and Business Development Functions and introduced key competencies such as Selling-Buying Processes- Leverage Points-Segmentation, Messaging and Copy Review, Market Research, Patient Advocacy, DTC, Sales Training, On-Line Education.
• Developed and implemented highly successful Business Development activities for Managed Care and Physician Practice Management Programs.
MARKETING and SALES
• Oversight for marketing, new business development, medical education, and sales activities for segments, brands and national account programs on medical devices, professional services, and pharmaceuticals (P/L: $20MM-$2B+).
• Led the development of Center’s of Excellence at top institutions (Cleveland Clinic) that solidified relationships with leading KOL’s and provided successful learning experiences for training new Consultants/Speakers.
• Developed multiple “consultative” sales training exercises that significantly improved sales representative understanding of the clinical relevancy and how to optimize value.
NEW BUSINESS and PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT
• Led Commercial Development and Lifecycle Management Assessment teams for existing products and/or new compounds for in-licensing, co-promote, line extensions, and 505B(2) opportunities, ranging from early market assessments through phase 4 trials.
• Managed all aspects of programs from project plan, risk analysis, global resources, license agreement/acquisitions, regulatory, research & development, quality assurance, manufacturing, and marketing.
• Managed collaborative license agreements and equity positions, as well as, evaluated technologies, IP, and organization competencies for business consideration and portfolio management.
• Superior New Product Development, Harvard Business School, Cambridge, Massachusetts
• Project Management, Kepner Tregoe, Princeton, New Jersey
• Financial Management, American Marketing Association, New York, New York
• MBA/MIS - M.S. Management Systems Analysis, Kean University, Union, NJ
• B.S. BioMedical Engineering, Boston University, Boston, Massachusetts (Academic Scholarship)
President and Executive Director: JAI Children’s Foundation, New Jersey 1996 - 2004
Founder of a non-profit information resource and childhood diseases organization.
Distinguished Community Service Award: Boston University, College of Engineering
Supernova Productions, Inc., NYC, NY 2008 - present
GENERAL MANAGER – Full Service Medical Communications Agency
Strategic, Business Development, and complete Operational accountability for privately held promotional medical communications agency. Developed new company positioning to leverage core competencies, reorganized structure to align with business expectations, streamlined operations that resulted in significant cost reductions, operationalized new project management/financial software, and developed top-ten key solution proposal templates and slide decks for business development activities. Managed staff of 35 (creative, project mgt, medical, technology, sales) with P/L of $13MM.
Hythiam, Inc., Los Angeles, CA 2007 - 2008
VICE PRESIDENT, Strategic Development (Marketing, Business Development, Medical Education) – Addiction Medicine
Developed Business Strategies for multi-channel Healthcare Services Management Company, providing addiction treatment protocols and practice management services for Private Practitioners, Managed Care Organizations, Hospitals, and Centers of Excellence. Established internal “Best Practices” Standard Operating Procedures across multiple functions resulting in significant improvements in organizational efficiencies. Restructured Marketing and Business Development Functions and introduced key competencies. Initiated Medical Education activities and led extensive Key Opinion Leader, Med Ed Boards, and Relationship Management activities. Developed Customizable Physician Office Practice Management Program resulting in significant improvements in Physician Office Productivity and Revenue. Developed Scientific, Nutritional, and Relapse Prevention guidelines resulting in improved understanding of science, data, outcomes, and messaging. Managed 13 staff members and $9MM P/L.
ORTHO McNeil Pharmaceuticals, Johnson & Johnson, Raritan, NJ 2005 – 2006
DIRECTOR, New Product and Business Development – Women’s Healthcare, Urology, and Nutritionals
Leverage use of Best Practices for Product Lifecycle Management and Business Assessments in three main functions:
A: Commercial leadership for existing compound development programs, including strategy, financial, pre-market readiness, and IP assessment, B: Lead pipeline management assessment for products ranging from $100MM-2B+, including analysis of marketed products and/or new compounds for in-licensing, co-promote, or 505B(2) opportunities, C: Rx Commercial leadership on complex cross-company special projects, including Nutritionals, Pediatrics, Sales capacity, Manufacturing Technology, and Therapeutic Area Market Knowledge Sharing. Projects ranged from $10MM-$1B+.
Reliant Pharmaceuticals, Liberty Corner, NJ 2003 – 2005
SENIOR BRAND FAMILY DIRECTOR, Marketing - Cardiovascular Pharmaceutical
Led marketing and sales activities for newly acquired family brand of AFib Drugs. Launched Rythmol brands including pricing, sales training, launch materials, medical ad board, national sales launch meeting, life cycle management, and patient assistance program with P/L of $15MM. Multiple Board Level presentations, implemented Center of Excellence, Phase IV Registry, and Patient Assistance Programs. Exceeded sales expectations by 33% ($50MM, $96MM, $128MM).
The Medicines Company, Parsippany, NJ 2002 – 2003
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR, Marketing - Cardiovascular Pharmaceutical
Re-launched and led brand strategy for synthetic anticoagulation drug (bivalirudin-Angiomax) approved for unstable angina in Percutaneous Coronary Interventions (PCI ). Responsible for strategic planning, market research, advertising, field communications, and sales training (P/L $9MM). Led all cross-functional activities including; medical, regulatory, clinical, legal, national accounts, and health economics. Grew business from $36MM to $75MM within twelve month period.
KPMG, LLP, Montvale, NJ 1998 - 2002
SENIOR GLOBAL DIRECTOR, Marketing - Professional Services (Consumer-Industrial Markets and Healthcare)
Global strategic planning, business development, marketing, public relations and tactical implementation plans for $500MM Consumer-Healthcare Market Line of Businesses, consisting of top global companies (Pfizer, Abbott, GE). Oversight for 9 US, 7 non-US Marketing/PR professionals (P/L $18MM). Led global strategic planning, business development, relationship management, branding, market research, advertising, conferences, pub strategy, and industry trend analysis, resulting in 4 years of 22% growth.
JOHNSON & JOHNSON COMPANY, Warren, NJ 1996 - 1998
GLOBAL PROGRAM DIRECTOR, New Product Development – Cardiology (Coronary Stents & Delivery Systems)
Developed global R/D development teams through portfolio and strategic project development plans, for Heparin Coated Stents, encompassing resource/capital requirements and financial analysis for $30MM P/L program with projected 4 year sales of $300MM. Led reorganization process improvements (design control, product development, and project mgt).
BECTON DICKINSON, New Jersey 1990 -1996
SEGMENT MANAGER and DIRECTOR, Marketing – VACUTAINER (Blood Collection and Analysis)
Strategic planning, marketing, new product development, $3MM P/L and sales for the Vacutainer Hematology & Coagulation blood collection tubes ($50MM annual sales) and MicroCollection ($27MM annual sales).
SHARPLAN LASERS, New Jersey & Israel 1989 - 1990
FIELD/DEALER SALES MANAGER, Surgical Lasers
Sales management for 10 national sales reps and 5 dealer organizations for line of CO2 surgical lasers and accessories.
SIEMENS MEDICAL SYSTEMS, New Jersey 1983 - 1988
PRODUCT MANAGER, Marketing – Cardiac Patient Monitors and Accessories
Strategic marketing, product development 510(K) approvals, and sales training for line of patient monitoring equipment.
ST. VINCENT’S HOSPITAL and MEDICAL CENTER, New York 1981 - 1983
DIRECTOR of BIOMEDICAL ENGINEERING
Implemented a BioMedical/Lab equipment program for 950 bed center, interface with med staff, hired/trained 5 BMET’s.