Steven Madden, Ltd.; Long Island City, NY
Junior Accounts Receivable Associate June 2011 – August 2011
• Participated in chargeback meetings led by COO to develop solutions for open charge backs.
• Updated general ledger with cash collections from overdue customers.
• Analyzed and corrected sales invoice errors in AS400 system.
• Mentored accounting interns.
Accounts Receivable Department Intern Manager June 2010 - August 2010
• Appointed to manager position by the Accounts Receivable Director and supervised two interns.
• Advised Accounts Receivable associates on specific billing requirements such as shipping and payment terms of vendors involving chargeback.
• Updated client base with new division payment terms to ensure use of proper payment procedures.
• Input new customer information into AS400 system to ensure proper billing for new clients.
Accounts Receivable Department Intern June - August, 2007, 2008 and 2009
• Ensured proper invoicing of customers, ranging from 500 to 1000 invoices per week.
• Organized and categorized vendor contracts, bills of ladings and shipment manifests to ensure efficient and improved retrieval of documents.
• Collected chargeback reports from Accounts Receivable colleagues and prepared reports for use by Accounts Receivable supervisor in meetings with company management.
• Arranged checks, chargeback reports and various other data into spreadsheet database.
Boston University School of Management; Boston, MA
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration: Expected May 2012
Concentration in Finance and Operations and Technology Management
• Student Outreach Volunteer - Refurnished and refurbished homes for abused women and children