Administrative Support professional experienced working in fast-paced environments demanding strong organizational, technical, and interpersonal skills. I have demonstrated a proven ability to manage business relations and special projects at the senior management level and get consistent results during my years of experience. I am trustworthy, ethical, and discreet, as well as committed to superior customer service. Confident and poised in interactions with individuals at all levels. I am very detail-oriented and resourceful in completing projects; able to multi-task effectively.
Customer Service & Relations Filing & Data Archiving
Computer Operations General Accounting
Problem Resolution Abilities Excellent communication skills
Referrals and pre-certifications Travel Arrangements
Medical billing and Referrals Calendar keeping
02/07-Present East 61st Service Corp affiliates of C.U.M.C
New York, NY
Administrative Assistant / Medical Secretary
• Coordinate and perform a range of staff as well as operational support activities for the department; serve as a liaison with other departments and operating units in the resolution of day-to-day administrative and operational inquires.
• Provide administrative/secretarial support for the department such as answering telephones, assisting patients, resolving and referring a range of administrative needs.
• Operate personal computer to compose and edit correspondence and memoranda from dictation, verbal direction, and from knowledge of established department/division policies; prepare, transcribe, compose, type, edit, and distribute agendas and minutes of meetings
• Establish, maintain, and update files, databases, records, documents; develop and maintain data, perform routine analyses and calculations in the processing of data for recurring internal reports.
• Sort, review, screen and distribute incoming and outgoing mail
• Schedule and coordinate meetings, interviews, appointments, events and other similar activities for supervisors, which coordinating travel as well as lodging arrangements.
• Coordinated calendars, meeting schedules and organized agendas. .
• HMO referrals, pre-certifications on computer/manual system
• Extensive knowledge of managed care and insurance plans
• Obtain authorization for pre-certification and referrals for procedures.
• Increased productivity through significant turnover time of authorizations, allowing staff to evaluate more patients.
• Collects payments from patients for services rendered
• Physicians billing and compliance
• Prepare responses to correspondence containing routine inquiries
04/03-02/07 Continuum Medical Practice affiliates with B.I.M.C.
New York, NY
Administrative Assistant / Medical Secretary/Biller
• Provided administrative support to all physicians with a demonstrated ability to, improve procedures and meet demanding deadlines.
• Front and back end billing, collecting and processing of co-pays
• Post payments and enter and verify charges
• Verified HMO referrals, on computer/manual system
• Deposits and reconciles cash against deposits and posted transactions.
• Excellent communications skills in dealing with the public, physicians and nursing staffs in person and via telephone.
• Managed office purchases, and maintain equipment-tracking record.
• Responsible for preparing accounts receivable, provider compensation and procedure analysis reports for efficient and accurate daily workflow.
11/02-4/03 Clerk Typist
• Completed workers comp and no fault assignments.
• Confirmed, scheduled and canceled appointments.
• Collated all incoming labs and distributed to doctors.
• Maintains all patients’ charts for neatness and correct chart format.
• Call insurance’s to verify benefits and get pre-certification and referrals for all procedures.
• Open, sort and distribute incoming correspondence, including fax and email.
12/02-04/03 Daniel Feuer, MD
New York, NY
• Reviewed and processed daily claims and posted payments
• Scheduled conference calls and dictations for the doctor
• Handled all paperwork for workers comp, no fault and insurance billing
• Prepare numerous worker’s compensation, no-fault and HMO accounts to ensure proper authorizations of medical services and tests rendered.
• Increased productivity through significant turnover time of authorizations, allowing staff to evaluate more patients and patients following up at a quicker rate.
03/99-11/02 Temp Positions
New York, NY
• Answered phones utilizing a 16-line switch board
• Typed interoffice memos and other business documents
• Participates in the department’s performance improvement actives
• Created a new referral tracking system that improved patient care.
• Developed medication-filing system to help accurate daily workflow
Education: College of New Rochelle / Degree January 2010
Skills: Proficient in IDX WEB, ADS, BAR, ICD -9 AND CPT coding, Billing, Payment posting, Web MD and Referrals, Microsoft Word, Excel, Word perfect and PowerPoint, Calendars keeping, and travel arrangements.