Dennis M. Rodino,
**** ****** ****, **** ****, SC 29732
Director of Mortgage and Title Operations
A senior executive with substantial proven results in all aspects of retail and wholesale mortgage operations, origination and title services in national, multi-billion dollar volume per month companies. Significant results include: profitable product development; credit risk management that ensured loan quality, reduced delinquencies and mitigated losses; improved operational efficiencies that increased productivity by 25%: and cost controls that strengthened the bottom line. Through hands-on quality control and audit management, ensured regulatory compliance in all areas while also meeting company, investor and secondary market requirements. By developing and leading teams that understand the value of hard work and the impact to the business of every decision, ensured the success of the team, the department and the organization.
• By developing risk-based mortgage programs, underwriting policies and pricing, ensured meeting the company’s objectives for quality growth, product mix, risk and profitability in all market types.
• Improved profitability by reducing loan delivery from over 60 days from date of funding to less than 30 days by cross-training staff and streamlining processes. Contributed to 10% overall cost reduction.
• Led changes to Underwriting processes that ensured compliance with loan policy, improved credit risk management and at the same time increased productivity by 20% without loss of quality.
• Improved productivity of Post-Closing and Document Management areas by over 25% while also attaining over 5% reduction in staffing levels with no loss of quality. This included Funding, Pre / Post Closing Audit, Document Imaging and Control, File Management and Document Custody Vault.
• Through daily contact with the Sales Teams, Business Partners and Clients, ensured that the Inside Teams developed and delivered the products, service and communication that the Outside Teams and Clients needed for success.
AMTRUST BANK (formerly Ohio Savings Bank) January 2005 to January 2009
Vice President, Director of Mortgage Operations (2006 to 2009)
Led a diverse Team of 400 staff to exceed company and customer expectations for underwriting, risk management, processing, closing, funding, document management, compliance, post closing audit and loan delivery to the secondary market.
• Reduced operating costs by over 10% and improved productivity in areas of responsibility by 25%
• Implemented and led audit processes that ensured regulatory requirements were met
• Interacted with FNMA, FHLMC and Federal Home Loan Bank to meet compliance requirements
Vice President, Director of Title Services (2006 to 2009)
Managed operations of a national title company. Expanded services from 30 to 49 states. Trained Operations staff, Loan Officers and clients on guidelines for title work, mortgages, deeds, closing instructions and related processes. Ensured compliance with regulatory and agency guidelines.
Vice President, Director of Alternative Lending (2005 to 2006)
Developed alternative mortgage products and risk / quality guidelines. Led implementation of Fannie Mae’s MyCommunityMortgage Product by working directly with Loan Officers, community agencies and clients which led to AmTrust becoming one of the largest originators of this product in the country.
Dennis M. Rodino Page 2 of 2
EQUIFIRST CORPORATION, Charlotte, NC February 2003 to November 2004
Vice President of Production
Led 55 Sales staff and 45 Operations staff to profitably grow volume, ensure credit quality and meet compliance requirements through hands-on training, due diligence and team building. Developed and implemented a real estate appraisal review process that improved quality and instilled accountability in the underwriting staff.
FLAGSTAR BANK, FSB, Troy, MI August 2000 to February 2003
First Vice President, Operations Manager
Improved quality of Home Equity Line Of Credit (HELOC), second mortgage and consumer lending programs by implementing policies and procedures for underwriting, closing, funding, risk-based pricing and quality control. This resulted in expansion of the HELOC product from 9 to 34 states and increased Department revenue from $9 million to $13 million in 15 months. Designed and implemented a retail lending center for telephone and internet applications and customer retention that generated $170 million in applications in the first 90 days.
OLD HICKORY MORTGAGE, Mebane, NC November 1998 to June 2000
Senior Vice President , Partner
Assisted in building a Retail consumer Mortgage Company including loan origination, products, processing, underwriting policies, risk management, post-closing and quality control processes. Developed and managed a 20 person telemarketing center.
HOMEAMERICA FINANCIAL SERVICES, Jacksonville, FL March 1998 to November 1998
Senior Vice President / Regional Manager
Opened and managed the Southeast Regional lending center including staffing, business development, daily operations, underwriting, processing, quality control and compliance. Within 90 days produced $5 million + monthly volume with capacity to handle $25+ million while exceeding fee income and yield objectives.
EQUICREDIT CORPORATION, Jacksonville, FL March 1997 to March 1998
Vice President of Direct Lending
Directed retail origination, processing and underwriting of first and second mortgage loans including compliance, closing, funding, and quality control processes for nationwide direct mortgage program that successfully Increased loan volume by over 50% monthly within first 6 months while ensuring loan quality and exceeding fee income goals.
THE CIT GROUP, CONSUMER FINANCE, Livingston, NJ November 1992 to March 1997
Vice President, Director of National Home Equity Center
Successfully established and managed a national direct-to-consumer inbound / outbound lending and service call center including origination, underwriting, closing, quality control and post-closing, which exceeded volume goals within first 60 days. Attained $20 million monthly volume within 6 months.
Additional prior experience includes:
Regional manager for 18 Retail lending centers in multiple states; Internal Auditor – discovered multi-million dollar fraud; Whole and Retail financing and floor plans.
Education and Training
United States Navy Veteran
Control Data Institute, Pittsburgh, PA
Point Park College, Pittsburgh, PA
Wittenberg University, Springfield, OH
Cleveland State University, Cleveland, OH
Florida Mortgage Broker License Courses and continuing education – licensed 1999 - 2009