CEO/President/Marketing Executive with an 18-year record of driving customer acquisition, sustainable revenue growth, product development, and industry expansion in emerging markets. Broad leadership background includes startups, large multinationals, turnarounds, and joint ventures in Europe, Asia, and the Middle East:
** Chief Executive Officer, TagStone: Leading turnaround of Middle East’s largest wireless intelligence provider; Rebuilt organization and financial controls; Re-launching business with aggressive sales and product marketing; Board development and investor relations.
** President, EPCglobal North America and Senior Vice President, GS1 US: Secured US$55MM from leading global firms to fund commercialization of RFID technology into the world’s largest supply chain network; Built US$17MM de novo business in 36 months (340% over plan) and built blue-chip customer base of 650+ (121 in Fortune 500).
** Director, Corporate Marketing, Corporate Express: Integrated 300+ acquired companies with aggregate revenue of US$3.1MMM into single, globally-integrated brand.
** VP, Online Distribution and Services, Wells Fargo & Company: Launched the world’s first Internet banking service; Built a globally integrated sales and service model.
World-class expertise in business services, e-commerce, technology, supply chain/logistics, and financial services sectors. Skilled in P&L management, strategic alliances and corporate development, international marketing, finance, M&A, and international operations.
-----KEY LEADERSHIP CHARACTERISTICS
* Visionary global business leader with well-balanced marketing, technology and business acumen
* Growth-driven strategist that leverages risk, return, and investment to deliver critical business results
* Dynamic, empowering leader and an outstanding internal and external communicator
* Business innovator with using a well-developed creative, conceptual, and analytical approach
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER (2008 to Present)
* Partners and Alliances: Dramatically expanding and formalizing partnerships and alliances, leveraging best-in-class global technology to support regional business requirements and commercial practices
* Geographic Expansion: Extending geographic footprint from UAE and Kuwait to full, 22-country GCC/Middle East footprint
PRESIDENT, EPCGLOBAL NORTH AMERICA ( 2003 to 2007)
SENIOR VICE PRESIDENT, GS1 US (2003 to 2007)
* Global Services Business Launch: Built and led global technology standards organization to commercialize RFID technology across multiple industries.
* Industry Development: Extended the reach of EPCglobal beyond core industries (retail, CPG and grocery) to healthcare, chemicals, aerospace, and industrials markets through disciplined market assessment/sizing and effective market driver engagement.
* Additional P&L responsibility for GS1 US Innovation Center and GS1 Global Account Management.
* Marketplace Development: Coalesced a global technology marketplace around low-cost, high-performance RFID, resulting in 75+% price drop on RFID hardware in 18 months.
* Corporate Development: Led a wide variety of foundational corporate development issues to ensure business success, including intellectual property protection, core industry alliances.
* Services Innovation: Built and launched GS1 US Innovation Center to accelerate marketplace acceptance of RFID (partnered with GE, Wegmans, Smuckers, others).
* Board Leadership: Founded EPCglobal Board of Governor’s, comprised of 17 C-level executives from Global Fortune 500 firms (HP, Wal-Mart, P&G, Novartis, Lockheed-Martin).
VP, STRATEGIC PLANNING AND INDUSTRY DEVELOPMENT (2001 to 2003)
ROSETTANET (Santa Monica, CA)
* Grew company revenue by 30% during severe industry economic downturn
* Launched industry expansion business model; Led RosettaNet EMEA region.
MANAGING DIRECTOR, E-BUSINESS STRATEGY (2000 to 2001)
FINANCIAL TIMES ENERGY (Boulder, CO)
* Built syndicated research and consulting practice for North America and Europe
* Exceeded revenue plan by 170% and P&L plan by 100%.
DIRECTOR, CORPORATE MARKETING (1997 to 2000)
CORPORATE EXPRESS (Boulder, CO)
* Created and managed global brand strategy for this B2B single-source equipment, services and supplies provider
VP, PRODUCT MARKETING AND DISTRIBUTION (1995 to 1997)
BANKAMERICA CORPORATION (San Francisco, CA)
* Launched (HomeBanking), a multi-channel e-banking product with this top 5 US consumer, business and corporate
* Acquired 104,000 new customers in 60 days (320% over plan) with a US$6.2MM market plan.
VP, ONLINE DISTRIBUTION AND SERVICES (1986 to 1995)
WELLS FARGO & COMPANY (San Francisco, CA)
* Progressed through multiple positions with this top 5 US consumer, business and corporate bank and recognized innovation leader, starting with Management Training Program and including strategic planning, marketing, and emerging technology.
-----EDUCATION AND ADDITIONAL BACKGROUND
M.Sc. Business Administration (MBA), University of San Francisco, 1996
B.Sc. Management, Purdue University, 1986
Member of CMO Council and MENG. Available for assignments throughout North American (comfortable with significant domestic and international travel). Proud father of 9 year old son and 11 year old daughter. Avid jazz trumpet player and co-leader of elementary school jazz band. Relax by studying world history, cooking, playing chess, and coaching youth basketball.