Over Four years of professional experience in Manual & Automated testing on web applications.
Extensive knowledge and experience in all stages of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) beginning from initiation and definition to deployment and support.
Experience in Analysis of the Business Requirements, Software testing and documentation and Software Requirements Specification.
Experience in testing Java, JSP, PHP, J2EE, Portal applications in both Windows and Linux environments.
Strong Data Analysis skills in Oracle, SQL server and MYSQL databases.
Expertise Using Test Management Tool HP Quality Center
Extensive knowledge in Functional Testing Software HP Quick Test professional with all QTP add-ins
Experience in performance testing tool HP Load Runner
Experience in implementing test plans, test cases, test scenarios and test deliverables for various applications to ensure proper business compliance.
Expert in planning and executing Functional, Compatibility and Negative Testing.
Expertise in performing different types of Testing like: Black box, Module, Integration, System, Acceptance, Stress, Performance, Regression Testing.
Expertise in Web testing, Client/Server testing and Back-end Testing.
Proficiency in analyzing test results.
Hands on experience with all phases of Testing Process.
Strong SQL skills, experience with query reporting tools, and good understanding of Unix Shell Scripting.
Proactively interacted with developers, internal departments & external clients.
Possess excellent analytical skills with good communication and self-organizing skills, assertive and a committed team player.
Operating system: Windows 95/98/2000/XP/NT, Linux, UNIX.
Programming: PHP, JSP, C, Java, SQL and PL/SQL.
Testing Tools: Load Runner 9.5, Quick Test Pro 10.0
Test management Tool: Quality center 10.0
Web related: HTTP, XML, HTML, XML and MS Front Page.
Databases: Oracle 9i, SQL Server, MYSQL, MS Access,.
Application Servers: Tomcat, Oracle 9ias,
Duration: Oct 2009 – Present
Role: QA Tester
Project: Retail Marketing
Canon USA, Inc Imaging Systems Group (ISG) Retail Extranet Application is a project aim to develop an application for Canon’s Retail Customers to help them access Canon’s Product models and contents that meet their security based on their profile. The ISG Retail Extranet Project required testing of various functional features such as Site Search, FAQ’s, Self Registration, Product Finders etc. The Retail Marketing Site is integrated with many other modules such as Retail Site Admin, Team Site, UAMS and Dealer Profile. Testing of Retail Marketing Site required creating of contents using Team Site, setting its display preferences on Retail Site Admin, creating different users in UAMS and testing for the content/product models display based on their Profile and their Agreements in Dealer Profile
• Analyzing business scenarios, Requirement Documents and establish the test cases.
• Tested J2EE application (UAMS) developed using Struts and spring framework.
• Developed comprehensive test plans based on Different Business Cases.
• Preparing test data based on exact definition of Business cases for both positive testing and Negative testing
• Executing test cases on test region and validating functionality of the new fix
• Verifying new fix is impacting existing functionality
• Used Mercury Quality Center to write and execute test scripts and to report defects
• Conducted regression testing on releases, verifying no new defects were caused by new fixes
• Created the Vuser scripts based on the testing requirements as part of the stress testing.
• Created Reports, Statistics, Defect Tracking, and Risk Assessment documents regarding QA strategy and progress resulted in Senior Management comfort and confidence with the QA process
Environment: HTML, Oracle Portal, Oracle 9i DB, Oracle Application Server 9ias, JSP, Linux, MS Office, QTP 10.0, Load Runner 9.5, Quality Center 10.0, MS Word, MS Excel.
Client: OCE USA.
Duration: Jan 2005 to Feb 2006
Role: QA Tester
Project: WSCA sites
Western States Contracting Alliance (WSCA) portal was developed to support states that are part of WSCA. Each state in this alliance will have their own negotiated contracts with OCE to buy its Products (Printers, Scanners). Portal displays State specific Product Groups, Products and contents. Administration area of the portal allows users to create and view individual state sites
with its products, product groups, and contents. Administration area is configured for SSO authentication.
• Created and executed complete test plan for the modules. Adhered to the system testing Processes.
• Conducted all types of testing ranging from Functionality, Regression.
• Analyzing system specifications and modify test scripts, including test procedures and test cases.
• Manually tested applications to check all the applications are configured properly and reported the defects in Test Director
• Interfaced with developers to resolve technical issues and investigated software faults
• Performed various types of testing such as integration, system, end-to-end, regression, performance, migration and acceptance, Cross-Applications and Platform modules
• Involved in writing Test Plans, Test Scenarios, and Strategies Using Test Director
• Analyses of the test data, required for the testing purpose
• Developing Manual Test scripts and Test cases based on the functionality of individual screens, overall system flow, and Field validation including positive and negative scenarios
• Defect Tracking done using Test Director
• Performed Data Verification and Validation using automation skills.
• Performed Load testing using Load Runner.
Master of Computer Science in New Delhi University –December 2002