STEVEN C. MILLER
Qualifications for EXECUTIVE-LEVEL MANAGEMENT IN ACCOUNTING AND FINANCE
Finance executive with over 25 years of senior-level accounting experience (CFO, VP, Controller, and Director) within high-tech software companies. Expertise include: due diligence, GAAP, revenue recognition (SOP 97), budgeting, forecasting, risk management, payroll, and general operations.
KEY CORPORATE CONTRIBUTIONS
• Secured private equity sale to Francisco Partners for Quantros Shareholders at 2X market
• Contributed more than $10M recurring revenue as financial lead of M&A activities for the Quantros acquisition of the MediQual business unit from Cardinal Healthcare and MedMarx product line from USP
• Created the due diligence budget and forecasting models for Global Sight Corp., contributing to the closing of a $32M round of funding with DB Capital Partners as lead investor.
• Established the foundation for increased funding of company projects by DHL Worldwide by implementing project-costing infrastructure for DHL Systems Inc.
CFO, VP Finance 2007 to Present
Provides leadership to a four-person team accountable for all regulatory and internal reporting, contract administration and accounting and finance administration of Quantros. Financial lead on M&A activities. Quantros is a SAAS model healthcare software provider with a greater than 30% market penetration
• Lead Equity exit for shareholders at 2X market averages
• Lead M&A activity contributing more than $10M recurring revenue
• Lead all FP&A activity from 2008 forward resulting in successful M&A activities, which grew revenues from $5M to over $25M
• Six years of no exception Audited Financial Statements
SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT TECHNOLOGIES
Controller, Director of Finance 2005 to 2007
Provided leadership to a two-person team accountable for the accounting and finance administration of SDT. SDT was a start-up venture of best practices around QA cycles for software development
• Successful conversion from Tax to GAAP basis
• Established all Financial Policy & Procedures
• Streamlined collection process to DOS of less than 30
Independent Consultant 2005
Worked as independent consultant on a project basis by client referral. Projects included assistance in 10-Q and 10-K filings and software revenue recognition (SOP 97) for small cap software companies.
• Filed 10Q for small cap companies such as TVIA
• Equity reconciliation and conversion to Equity Edge & Options Ease
• BOD reporting package guidance
• Financial Policy & Procedure guidance
STEVEN C. MILLER
CAREER TRACK – CONTINUED
Director of Finance 2002 to 2004
Provided leadership to a six-person team accountable for the accounting and finance administration of Microbar and its subsidiary, Syncro Vac LLC. Microbar was a contract manufacturer with annual revenues of $85M.
• Implementing new operational, financial, and accounting systems resulting in no exception certified public audits.
• Instituted budgeting and forecasting models, which resulted in successful mergers and acquisitions in excess of $20M.
VP of Operations, VP of Finance and Accounting, Controller positions for multiple software start-ups and established companies including: SAP, Global Sight, TV Interactive, Franklin Equity Leasing, DHL and Cascade Metals
1984 to 2002
Certification of Professional Development (in process), Wharton School of Business
M.B.A., Business & Human Resources Management, National University with Honors
B.S., Accounting, San Jose State
Exemplary Service Award for Executives, Quantros 2009
Star Performer Executive Group, Quantros 2008
President’s Award, Global Sight, 2001
CEO Award, Global Sight, 2000
Employee Kudos Award, Global Sight, 2000