Adriana L. Mejia
New York, NY 10040
• Twenty years of hands-on, including two years of supervisory experience in the packaging industry.
• Highly effective in promoting productive work environment with strong emphasis on team building, quality and safety.
• Self-Motivated to produce high-level work.
• Proven commitment and vision with a sincere dedication to continuous improvement.
• Creative and artistic with superior attention to detail.
• Quality control in die cutting and gluing.
200*-**-**** Ares Printing and Packaging, New York
Structural Package Designer
• Design concept-packages for the cosmetic and Technology industries.
• Fashioned cartons and point of purchase displays.
• Create samples using Cimex Cad on E-Flute, Single Face materials and Card Board.
• Manage and create waste-conservative finished layouts for dies.
• Help on quality control for gluing and die cutting.
1997-2000 Arko Paper Products, New Jersey. Now Graphic Packaging.
Cad/Cam, Die Shop Supervisor.
• Ensured department conformance to company policies and procedures.
• Supervised the ruling and repairing of production Dies.
• Trained staff and delegated responsibilities.
• Monitored and maintained daily inventory.
• Created designs and samples for clients’ approval.
• Created layouts for the prepress department and the die shop.
1994-1997 Structural Package Designer
• Design and created detailed and complex ideas clients’ bid meetings.
• Fashioned cartons for the cosmetic, surgical and medical industries.
• Proposed various concept designs for the packaging industry.
1993-1994 Die Maker
• Prepare die-cutting board for finishing. Bent knives and place in guides created by laser cuts or sawing; put in place female/male stripping boards.
• Ensure Die-Cut boards are in accurate position to printed sheet.
• Managed deadlines for the die-cutting department.
1992-1993 Glue Machine Feeder
• Ensure smooth operation of the running process.
• Consistently met deadlines for shipping dates.
Special Training and Skills
Impact CAD-CAM, IPDS Packaging Design, Die Making, Cimex Cad (Dos/Win).
Ability working with Wild and Data Tech machines.
Some knowledge on Excel, Word, and Power Point.
Some College Education.
Fluent in Spanish.
Certificate of achievement in Quality Improvement in 1993.