GUSTAV M. METKOWSKI
(Cell) 510 - 407 - 6305, (e-mail) email@example.com
Summary of Qualifications
• Over fifteen years of financial management experience gained primarily in high tech, software and manufacturing environments.
• Proven expertise in problem solving, strategic planning and analysis, cash management and collection, financial reporting, design and development of accounting and budgeting systems.
• Energetic and effective manager with outstanding leadership, team building, and coaching skills.
• Excellent computer and information systems skills. In depth knowledge of Oracle, Great Plains, Navision, Expandable MRP, Sage FAS, QB Enterprise and other accounting systems.
Consulting Engagements 2004 – Present – Senior Consultant / Business Analyst
Resources Global – Juniper Networks – Sr. Consultant, FA - BPO 09/2011 – 08/2012
(4.5B Revs. 9,000+ees)
• Served as Juniper US FA software administrator.
• Created a new FA attributes matrix, eliminated frequent and unreliable FA dept procedures.
• Designed and implemented new Bonus Depreciation process in FA (168K Allowance) effectively reducing related work by at least a week per close.
• Created new FA manuals (collection of support docs, process related, BD, uploading new FA etc.).
• Designed and implemented a complete set of FA reports in FAS Sage for all companies.
• Was essential in structuring and managing FA validation system (annual physical audit) for the whole company (US, India, APAC and EMEA).
• Designed and implemented new monthly FA upload template system (effectively removing complicated, time consuming and prone to error scheme).
• Created a new Transfer Pricing system for I/C Equipment process.
• Designed I/C equipment transfer system for all entities (first in Juniper history).
• Documented most of the projects in BRD (Business Requirement Documents) or in the form of formal Manuals.
Connor Group – Zynga – Sr. Consultant 05/2011 – 08/2011
(1B+ Revs, 2000+ ees)
• Support in FA MEC. Responsible for GL and FA reconciliations.
• Designed, implemented and validated new Oracle Discover reports.
BVOH – BioMarin - Sr. Consultant 05/2010 – 05/2011
(100 M Revs. 150 ees)
• Support in MEC. Responsible for GL and FA reconciliations.
• Developed, managed and completed 75M CIP conversion project for new production facilities.
• Improved organization and automation of monthly FA process.
• Created and implemented new reports in Oracle Noetix to support FA reconciliation.
Accountants Inc. – Salesforce.com - Sr. Consultant 10/2007 – 05/2010
(1.3 B Revs, 3000 ees, SaaS comp)
• Responsible for ME Revenue/AR close in WorldWide Accounting (Americas, EMEA, APAC).
• Developed and managed processes to reconcile consolidated (including complex FX issues) deferred revenues for billed and unbilled transactions.
• Created Stock Options (123R) costs reconciliations related to EITF-0021 transactions.
• Developed SOX compliance related metrics and month-end close JE statistical reports.
• Developed and managed comprehensive reporting system for all leased assets, potentially saving 10’s of thousands per month in lease expenses.
• Managed ADA reconciliations, PBCs, intercompany multicurrency transactions, partner revenues and other MEC adjusting JEs. Created specialized reports for 10Q and 10K.
• Created a complex reporting tool for all regions Sales Commissions.
Robert Half Management Resources - ON24 – Sr. Consultant 01/07 – 10/2007
(High Tech start-up, 80 ees, 25M in sales)
• Revenue rec. project for a software company, based on EITF 00-21 and SAB-104. Reconciled 2003-2007 AR data (over 60,000 transactions) Incl. massive Cash Rec. Restated Revenues according to SAB 104
• Implemented new accounting software – QB Enterprise with ODBC capabilities.
KForce - Signatures Network, Inc. - Interim Director of Finance 06/06 – 12/2006
( 120 ees, 100 M in sales)
• Served as interim Director of Finance during 6 month period. Managed staff of 8-10 people.
• Main responsibilities: month end close, including sophisticated data integration from subsidiary systems (Main Street, and Counter Point) with MS Great Plains, control and responsibility for all GL JEs, creation of financial reports including Budgets, Actuals and Dynamic Forecasts.
• Created and managed a completely new accounting data gathering and reporting system for a Joint Venture of SNI and MLB
• Created a complex Excel-based Nation Wide Sales Tax reporting system (potentially) eliminating 1-2 weeks of clerical work/month.
• Fixed numerous accounting system problems almost on a daily basis.
• Mastered the concept of Royalty Accounting; to decipher revenue recognition for several different revenue streams: internet sales, licensing, shows and wholesale markets
Other Consulting Engagements (RHI, FinanceStaff, K.Harper CPA) 2004 – 2006
• Designed, planned and managed the implementation/transition process from Quick Books to Accura Software accounting application
• Developed a complete business financial model for a small company
• Organized and managed reporting process for Bank of Tokyo Mitsubishi (one of the largest banks in the world) at Union Bank of San Francisco
• Developed and managed a complete system to analyze last 6 years of accounting records for SF Unified School District in a civil law suit.
AV Images, Inc. Dublin – Accounting Manager / Controller 2002 – 2004
(privately held Audio/Video project management comp., 30 ees, 20 M in sales)
• Responsible for internal and external financial reporting
• Developed and managed a sophisticated Job/CIP accounting system
• Designed a completed Project Control Financial Reporting system
Kensington Inc. – Corporate Accounting Manager 2001 – 2002
(High Tech Manufacturing comp., 100 ees, 100M in sales)
• Managed staff of 12-15 people, interacted on a daily basis with Product Lines’ managers.
• Managed the Month End closing process, verified and approved all GL Transactions
• Developed a MS-Access and MS-Excel based uniform and user friendly detail GL reporting system for the entire company, effectively eliminating the Multisystem complexity of Oracle, Hyperion and AS400 programs used in accounting
ResourcePhoenix.com - Intera Inc. – Sr. Acct Manager / Controller 1999 – 2001
(Outsourced Accounting Services comp., 80 ees, 60M is sales)
• Designed, developed and managed an alternative to Oracle Financials outsourced accounting services business for small customers
• Planned and managed the implementation/transition process from low end accounting applications into Oracle Financials for several clients
• Organized and controlled, for clients, flow of information and accounting processes in Oracle AP, AR, Inventory and GL modules
• Managed staff of 10-12 people
• Daily interacted with higher management
Andros Inc., - Corporate Accounting Manager 1998 – 1999
( HighTech Manufacturing comp., 100 ees, 50M in sales)
• Analyzed and defined Andros MRP Standard Cost System flow and defined MRP closing procedures in GL. Controlled Standard Cost system variances
• Managed and coordinated accounting for manufacturing, purchasing and service departments
• Designed and managed new set of financial reports in FRx
• Designed and controlled Month End Closing procedures and policies
• Managed consolidated Financial Reports
Dynamic Isolation Systems Inc. – Accounting supervisor 1997 – 1998
(Equipment Manufacturing comp., about 40 ees, 15M in sales)
• Organized and managed all GL accounts’ reconciliations and schedules
• Developed, implemented and managed Purchase Order system for manufacturing activities
• Developed and managed Job Cost Code Flow Matrix, effectively eliminating Job Cost coding errors
• Negotiated and cut down by over $30,000 Nevada sales tax liability in the tax audit review
Source Services Corp. - Senior Accountant. 1995 – 1997
• Managed 15-20 field checking accounts
• Developed and managed new financial statements reports
• Managed leasehold improvements, prepaids and deposits’ schedules.
Joseph Schmidt Confections Inc. - Accountant 1991 - 1995
(Food Manufacturing comp., 50 ees, 20M in sales)
• Assisted the controller in all GL daily and Month End activities
• Designed and implemented the A/R system serving more than 3000 customers
• Kept bad debt expenses below 1% of sales with no customer complaints
1989 University of California, Berkeley.
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration.
1978 -1981 Maritime Academy in Szczecin, Poland.
Fluent in Polish, German and Russian.