TAMARA R. WENSENK
***** ****** **** • BEND, OR 97701
SKILLS AND STRENGTHS
* My dedication to community and client relations helped increase the facility census from an average of 31 to a record average of 40 residents in 2009, exceeding budget forecasts *
* Proven background in successfully planning and managing events for both non profit and corporate public relation goals with emphasis on marketing and sponsorship *
* Proficient with software applications including Excel, Word, Publisher, QuickBooks, Power Point * * Strong multi-tasker * Solid interpersonal communication and phone skills *
* Reflect core values of company on and off the job * Explicit attention to detail * * Excellent work ethic * Professional demeanor * Confident presenter *
* Team player with strong leadership qualities who values professional collaboration *
SUMMARY OF EXPERIENCE
Staffing Coordinator/Traveler Liaison 2010 – 2012
• Scheduling of full time, part time, on-call and contract therapists for skilled nursing facilities across Oregon, Northern & Eastern Washington. Coordinated, screened and arranged traveler therapists to fill open positions in the same area for 13-16 week assignment. Coordinated extensions and terminations of contract/traveling therapists. Laid off when the company was purchased by a larger, national company, but within 30 days I was hired back as an on-call HR/Staffing Coordinator for which I am still employed but need to seek full-time work opportunity. I worked independently from my home office in this position.
Social Services Director 2008 - 2010
• Provide medically-related social services to residents of a skilled nursing and long term care facility. Participate in Interdisciplinary Team meetings and Quality Assurance processes. Complete ongoing assessments of mood, behavior, psychosocial wellbeing, and review of psychotropic medications; develop and implement resident-centered care plans. Educate caregivers on non-medication interventions for challenging behaviors. Coordinate discharge planning including working with therapy to recommend safe discharge options including in-home care services or alternative placement options; arrange home health or hospice/transitions services; facilitate community-based resources such as meals on wheels. Explain Medicaid and Medicare benefits; identify needs and facilitate Medicaid and Medicare services. Conduct quarterly in-services for staff on issues regarding aging seniors. Lead quarterly care conferences with resident and IDT team. Developed marketing relationships with relevant agencies throughout Central Oregon.
Assistant Trainer and Show Stable Manager 2006 – 2008, 2010
• General management and supervision of equine training, sales, and event facilities. Office management including bookkeeping, payroll, AP/AR, invoicing for services and monthly billing. Supervision and management including hiring, training and review of 3-5 staff members plus working students; client and public relations including marketing; organizing and facilitating school horse lesson program; teaching lessons at all levels, riding horses in training, and organizing/preparation for horse shows.
Eastern Oregon University Dept of Distance Education Liberal Studies
• Combined Major in Interdisciplinary Writing and Rhetoric and Psychology; Degree completion anticipated Summer term 2012.
Defense Information School U.S. Army, Fort Meade, MD Public Affairs Correspondent
• Completed courses in print journalism, editing, digital newspaper production, and public relations.
541-***-**** • firstname.lastname@example.org
References gladly provided upon request for interview