Jacksonville, Florida 32257
E-mail – *****.*********@*****.***
OBJECTIVE: To obtain a position in the travel industry, where my experience and enthusiasm will have application. I am seeking a challenging opportunity that offers a strong career path to advance from within. QUALIFICATIONS: Excellent communication, presentation and organizational skills and customer service skills. Ability to adapt to change quickly & effectively and function in a team atmosphere. Strong analytical and problem solving skills and excellent work ethic. Effective oral & written communication skills. Ability to effectively handle various duties simultaneously.
EDUCATION: 1986 – Wilma Boyd Career College – Pittsburgh, PA.
Associates degree in Travel./Operations Management and Event Coordinating & Meeting Planning
1990 – Palm Beach Community College – Palm Beach, Fl.
Management & computer courses
I exhibit exceptional aptitude in the following software applications: * WORLDSPAN * APOLLO * SABRE * AMADEUS * SYSTEM-ONE * WORD * EXCEL * POWER-POINT * WORD PROCESSING * MAX * SATURN * BLUE PUMPKIN * SQM * MICROSOFT WORKS APPLICATIONS * TRAMS
2008-PRESENT Travel Helpline Home-Based (virtual) Senior Travel Consultant
* Responsible for handling all after hours agency calls for Travel Helpline/Travel savers/Thor 24
* Must access 5 GDS systems to service all after-hour calls for corporate travelers and do all forms of reservations.
2006-2008 The Colomer Group Jacksonville, FL CORPORATE TRAVEL MANAGER-CTD-COLOMER USA
* Started a completely new (CTD) onsite-corporate travel department from ground zero up, including all preliminary requirements from ARC & IATA.
* Arrange detailed travel itineraries including groups, show tickets, concierge sort of arrangements.
* Obtained approval from all ARC carriers, IATA and negotiated contracts with SABRE for the new CTD onsite. Negotiated all corporate air programs such as SWABIZ, Air Tran A2B Program, Biz Perks Account set-up, AA-Extra account setup, Delta Sky Bonus, United Perks Plus, etc.
* Daily tracking of inputting TRAMS activity, inputting commissions received, daily ARC reconciliation reports, monthly reports created using report manager and also established all UDID codes and LF Savings codes to process reports monthly for 7 divisions nationwide.
* Weekly IAR/ARC closing of the ARC report.
* Negotiated all corporate contracts with airlines, car & hotel vendors both locally & nationwide.
* Facilitated processing of excel programs to track monthly sales, profits & Commissions.
2004-2006 World Travel, BTI. Jacksonville, FL OPERATIONS SUPERVISOR-CALL CENTER-DELOITTE & TOUCHE
* First point of contact for agents to assist in dealing with all customers service issues. Call center management. Handled all yearly reviews 14 agents.
* Created and executed numerous projects using Excel, Word & Power Point.
* Arrange detailed travel itineraries including Weismann Reports for city specific ideas to do. Concierge sort planning.
* Encourage & motivate employees to accomplish their goals & meet requirements.
* Daily monitoring of canvas to maintain a service level of 85%, adherence scheduling with Blue Pumpkin.
* Random spot audits of agents to improve their capabilities for servicing our clients to their full potential.
* Highly team-motivated; increased team productivity and error ratio by over 35% over 3 months.
* Monthly one-on-ones given to each agent. Daily feedback, coaching & developing.
2001-2004 Transcor, Inc. Jacksonville, FL MANAGER CORPORATE TRAVEL DEPARTMENT
* Started a completely new corporate travel department within the corporation.
* Solicitation of new corporate accounts for newly developed department.
* In charge of entire reservations department for corporate. First point of contact for the agent to assist in dealing with client reservation issues & errors.
* Prepare lesson plans and training for all new hire corporate employees.
* Developed and implemented corporate training manual.
* Negotiated several corporate contracts with airlines, car vendors & hotel vendors.
* Facilitated processing of excel programs to track monthly sales, profits & commissions.
1999-2001 Business Travel Norcross, GA RESERVATIONS DEPARTMENT MANAGER - CALL CENTER
* First point of contact for agents to assist in dealing with all customer service issues.Call center management. Handled all yearly reviews.
* Prepare lesson plans; facilitated development of training, mentoring and quality control of service programs resulting in improved client satisfaction.
* Developed and implemented corporate training manual.
* Facilitated "flex" employee scheduling, reducing overtime; resulting in improved employee morale.
1993-1999 American Express Travel Norcross, GA TC 1 - PLATINUM TRAVEL COUNSELOR (2.5 years/2.5 years Corporate Travel)
* Maintained a service level of 85%.
* Team-mentor providing training/counseling/motivation for new hires.
* Maintained a repeat customer ration of 98%, which ranked in the top 2% Nationwide.
* Trendsetter for 1998; Sales $1.4 million/Had 0 write offs in 5 years.
* Chosen to be on the R3 committee for year of 1999 - ensuring employee satisfaction.
* Implemented a Diversity training workshop for associate level employees.
* 1994-1995 - American Express On-Site facilitator (floater) for 15 major corporate accounts
* Implemented employee appreciation events for all on-site employees - thus increasing our employee survey results up 23% from year prior.
HONORS: *Multiple Eagle Awards from World Travel BTI for customer service;*Gladiator Award–World Travel;*Trendsetter with American Express;*Team-mentor with American Express Platinum;*R3-committee with Platinum;*Southern Region Diversity Team for 2 years;*Employee of the month;*nominated for "The World Difference Award" with American Express Corporate;*Cheerleading Coach for 2001;*Girl Scout leader.
REFERENCE'S AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST