Daniel J. Dolan
Los Angeles, Ca. 90036
Obtain a position in Sales Management/Marketing. Attributes: Outgoing, motivated, hard working, trustworthy, works well as a team player, professional appearance, likable.
9/2006 to 6/2008 Marketing Manager III Torrance, Ca
PCMall and all affiliates MacMall/Onsale Sarcom/Wareforce
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
Product promotion, price, competitive position and sales training within the Memory/Cables and Computer Accessories/ peripheral Team.
• Develop co-workers, Sales Team Relationships
• Oversee the development of marketing plans for the Memory and Cables Group
• Responsible for maximizing sales revenue, profit and vendor co-op for specific product category(s) through strategic planning and marketing.
• Successfully grew the $41 Million Dollar Marketing Revenue Goal for Memory and Cables
• Establishes pricing strategies, monitors competitive activity, oversees product information and identifies customer needs.
• Interfaces with partners to develop or enhance the marketing of product(s) or product line(s).
• Support merchandising activities.
• Manage SKUs per product categories. Manage key vendor partners
• Prepare sales training
• Identifying key emerging technologies with the category.
• Product category forecasting and reporting
• Team leadership provided by assigning and overseeing work and resolving problems.
• Provides guidance to coworkers to achieve goals.
• Work is reviewed and measured based on meeting objectives
• Analyze industry information to identify opportunities and strategies to increase vendor partner sales within PCMall.
• Act as an escalation point for the vendor partner internally at PCMall and all affiliates to the vendor partner.
• Engage with PCMALL Purchasing to help forecast sales volumes.
• Approval of content for respective manufacturer ads
I also have an expert knowledge of Memory, Flash and Solid State Hard Drive Technology, along with a strong knowledge of industry trends with in Memory and Flash technology market segments.
7/2004–9/2006 Regional Manager Retail Sales-West Santa Ana, Ca
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
• Provide leadership for sales team members by actively communicating company vision, mission,
• Business plans, and policies.
• Develop overall strategy and direction to insure that all product lines meet all assigned sales goals.
• Lead the Retail channel in developing processes to forecast and monitor all necessary information including new sales, new business opportunities, and client account sales and client account opportunities across all product lines in the retail channel.
• Implement pilot projects that enable the sales organization to improve processes, maintain optimal efficiency, while managing costs.
• Coordinate and collaborate with leadership in product management to maximize sales efforts across the Retail channel and product lines.
• Provide sales closing and contract negotiation assistance.
• Manage the performance of sales team and provides them development opportunities.
• Establish relationships with decision-making personnel within large Retail accounts.
• Build and expand strategic long-term relationships within the major Retail account channel.
• Working with Amazon, Future Shop CA. Costco, London Drugs, Best buy, PCMall, Insight,
CDW. PC Connection and SHI (Software House International)
9/2003 – 6/2004 US Channel Sales Account Manager Encino, Ca
Silicor Technologies Inc.
• Exceeded quarterly goals by 40%, generated consistent revenues of over 200K a week.
• Undertake extensive prospecting/lead generation to uncover new sales opportunities.
• Formulate sales tactics and strategies that obtain results increasing business and market share.
• Manage and develop existing dealers/distributors/alliances.
• Utilize appropriate senior management resources in pursuit of sales.
• Sell SILICOR TECHNOLOGIES value, differentiating between SILICOR TECHNOLOGIES and
• Its competitors when presenting value proposition to potential and existing customers.
• Develop new prospects and maintain existing customer relationships with the goal of maximizing
• revenues long term through relationship building.
6/2001 - 6/2003 Business Development Manager Marina Del Rey, Ca
• Responsible for increasing Quarterly monthly sales revenue through IT staff placement by achieving an average of 150% of margin goal of 10K weekly.
• Business Development Manager working and managing opportunities with the RadixOne recruiters for all sales inbound and outbound with the Los Angeles/Marina del Rey call center.
• Manage recruiters internally through out RadixOne offices in San Diego and Alameda.
• Identify opportunities and pursue strategic partnerships.
• Win profitable new accounts through cold calling and relationship building.
• Seek out new business opportunities within existing accounts and play a supportive role in their development.
• Formulate and oversee the entire deal process. Negotiate complex legal contracts.
• Coordinate project pipeline with the CEO and President of Solutions.
• Assist in the development of company’s go to market strategy.
• Represent RadixOne at industry functions and promote the company at every opportunity.
• Maintain Monthly, Quarterly and Annual Objectives and Goals.
6/1997 – 1/2001 US Channel Sales Account Manager Irvine, Ca.
• Responsible for identifying and setting up Channel Partner Base.
• Responsible for developing and maintaining customer account base within in assigned Southeast and Western U.S. territories.
• Oversaw all sales processes with assigned inside sales representative.
• Sold PC and Server based products along with network products within assigned territory.
• Managed the State of Georgia PC Contract by implementing marketing slogans, managing the web based business from providing pre and post sale support issues with both state and local government agencies and local resellers.
• Managed the State contract web page by insuring that all product updates and information were current. Responsible for the Web based business and design layout and upkeep of the State Business Web Page for Digital Systems.
• Worked with local resellers to help grow the local and state business through presentations and account visits with Digital Equipment Corporation representatives.
• Traveled extensively throughout the Southeast United States.
5/1994 - 5/1997 Account Executive Santa Ana, Ca.
• Position as International sales representative for Ingram Micro.
• Maintained #1 Sales position in the Enterprise Company Division (900 sales people).
• Consistently exceeded sales goal of $400,000 monthly for over two years.
• Managed the South African and Western European account base.
• Managed 120 assigned accounts, selling all international products Ingram Micro supplied.
• Technical Sales representative with Ingram Micro’s Enterprise Computer Division.
• Responsible for the successful launch of a new SPARC 64 Unix workstation, HAL Computer Systems. Worked with Var.’s, by fulfilling sales and marketing needs necessary for the sale of the new UNIX Platform.
• Created demand with end-users to increase potential revenue with Ingram Micro’s UNIX Var.’s.
• Responsible for lead generation, sales tracking, forecasting and closing sales.
• Developed sales and marketing strategies, playing both a pre- and post sale support role, helping to insure customer satisfaction, coordinate problem resolution, and pursue new business within the installed customer base.
EDUCATION: 1996 University of California Irvine
Bachelor of Science Business Administration
Languages: Fluent in English, and Dutch
Skills: • Excellent communication and presentation skills, Strong project, networking and time management skills, Creative, ‘out of the box’ thinker, Sales and quota driven, Technology and business savvy, Independent, Self-motivated and dedicated to success.
Knowledge of telecommunications or high-tech related products, Networking, CCTV, Digital storage solutions
Exceptional prospecting/lead generation skills
Excellent PC Skills - Excel, Word, Power Point (Lotus Notes) Outlook,