Luis Carlos Rojas
Urb Trigal Norte Calle Libra Edificio Libra Apt 1-B Valencia Carabobo, Venezuela
Project Controls Specialist Professional with 10 years experience in: Project Scheduling, Planning, Cost Controls, Forecasts and Cost Analysis, Budgeting, Project Management, Construction and commissioning in different types of industries, such as: Petrochemicals, Oil and Gas, Offshore, LNG plants and Steel Plants.Successful at implementing efficient Project Controls methodologies to achieve cost and schedule forecasts set for the Engineering, Procurement, Construction and Management of diverse number of Projects.In order to control schedule versus real physical progress integration, customized applications using commercial and particular software for: Schedule/Cost analysis, Construction & Commissioning tasks. Punch list items tracking, Work Packs, Procurement and Contracts. Duties were performed at international locations such as: SIDOR Siderurgica del Orinoco (Venezuela).OCN- Exxon Mobil Oil Upgrader (Venezuela), Juaymah Gas Plant Saudi Aramco (Saudi Arabia), MEGPL - Marathon Oil EG (Equatorial Guinea, West Africa).
10/2009 to Present:
Wood Group. Houston, TX.
Project Controls Engineer. Marathon Oil (Malabo, Equatorial Guinea, West Africa)
• Assisted and Consulted site project management team for operations and maintenance projects, to plan, schedule and cost control over twenty (30) Brownfield type projects per year. (Capex/Opex)
• Responsible for Planning, scheduling, resource forecast and leveling for Onshore and Offshore Projects; to support Engineering, Construction and management team.
• Monthly coordination with Project Managers and Construction Manager to gather recent updates to forecast activities and communicate current schedule / cost activities.
• Set Up Projects’ Work Order Structure to meet Budgets and projected forecast.
• Review Engineering Work Packs on projects for 4 offshore platforms, and a onshore gas plant.
• Developed Monthly Cost Reports, Projects’ Key performance Indicators and forecasts.
01/2007 to 10/2009:
Tecnicas Reunidas Gulf (TRG). Madrid. Spain
Project Controls Engineer. Saudi Aramco (Ju’aymah Gas plant, AlKhobar, Saudi Arabia)
EPC Project to build a Gas fractionation Plant expansion Train 4, with a capacity of 375,000 Bpd.
• Controlled, coordinated and reported to Asset and Construction Management, from both parties TRG and ARAMCO, schedule, costs, change order management, construction milestones, invoice milestones, status and progress versus plan related to all Construction and Commissioning activities.
• Coordinated with Global Procurement on Materials management; planning and analysis on materials delivery dates for Construction forecast.
• Planned and scheduled commissioning activities such as: Hydro test, Loop test, Motor Solo Run Test, Equipment and Vessel Closure, Fin Fan Tests, Pumps Alignment.
• Tracked and controlled physical progress of construction and punch list items closeout.
1/2004 to 12/2006:
Operadora Cerro Negro (OCN) ExxonMobil Subsidiary.
Project Controller. ExxonMobil de Venezuela, (Jose, Venezuela)
• Developed a database application to improve administration and cost for: Project Controls, Cost Control, Project Budget and Materials Management, between Oracle, Maximo 8 and PEM (Projects Execution Management).
• Responsible to implement and monitor Project’s physical progress, budget and expenses, cost analysis, and required reporting documents.
• Provided cost and schedule analysis profile data from the schedule database and performed budget exercises for Exxon Mobil Projects in Venezuela.
• Responsible to create and report weekly and monthly progress data and charts to Management to illustrate current cost and physical progress using Access, and Primavera P3's Report Writer.
Engineering Co-op Work term (Exxon Mobil de Venezuela)
Program and update “Assisted Estimation and Cost Control Process” at Cerro Negro Upgrader. (OCN) Exxon Mobil Subsidiary in Venezuela.
1/2002 to 12/2004:
Field Project Planner. SIDOR – / Puerto Ordaz, Venezuela 2002 - 2004
• Managed labor operations between workers and company objectives, planned and coordinated projects operations at Siderurgica del Orinoco (SIDOR).
• Adapted and updated project plan and procedures to area conditions at SIDOR.
• Facilitate operations and control project status for management status meetings.
• Controlled all Construction Activities orientated to reach project goals.
• Establish and agree project control reporting procedures, prepare and present monthly project status.
• Strong communication skills due to the client-facing and contractors.
• Monitor and control engineering progress, material and equipment procurement, construction, contracts, pre-commissioning and commissioning status, punch list closeout.
• Maintain record of site progress and specific events impacting on site progress and schedule.
• Monitor actual progress against planned progress
• Coordination across multiple organizations and engineering disciplines.
• Cost analysis and cost control management throughout lifecycle of projects.
• Cost reporting against existing project budgets.
• Proficient with Access and Databases
• Proficient in SAP R3
• Proficient in P6 V. 7.0
• Highly-motivated, driven, tenacious.
• Results oriented to Timely completion of assignments.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, written and oral communication skill (English and Spanish).
Bachelor of Science, Major in Industrial Engineering.
Universidad Nacional Experimental Politécnica Antonio Jose de Sucre UNEXPO
Puerto Ordaz - Bolivar, Venezuela
Marathon EG Production Limited Leadership Development and Safety Workshop
Marathon EG Production Limited Safety Excellence Program
ESI International Risk / Project Management Training. PMI (George Washington University)
DuPont STOP Safety training
Health and Safety by Exxon for ExxonMobil-OCN Upgrader
Saudi Aramco Ju’aymah Gas Plant Safety Orientation Certificate
LANGUAGES Fluent in Spanish and English