Denver, CO ****3 •
Talented professional possessing an excellent blend of project management and strategy development skills, coupled with outstanding communication and technical expertise to ensure excellence and timely completion of responsibilities. Keen business sense to develop solutions. Graduate-level educational background in marketing communications. Strong knowledge of the inner workings of marketing, new media and traditional media. Core competencies include:
• Traditional & New Media Marketing Strategies
• Strategic Communication Plans
• Project Planning & Management
• Concept & Strategy Development
• Web 2.0 & Intranet Development
• Customer Needs Assessment & Analysis
• Policies & Procedure Formulation
• Vendor Relations & Management
EINSTEIN NOAH RESTAURANT GROUP, Golden, CO
June 2004 – Present
Serve in a corporate leadership role for the nation’s largest operator of bagel bakeries in the restaurant industry with three major independent brands, including Einstein Bros.
Manage all internal and external corporate communications to the corporate office and more than 600 retail locations – including internal corporate communications, public relations and new media marketing communications. Develop / execute plans designed to increase effectiveness and streamline procedures to lower costs. Create uniform communication vehicles, policies and practices across three national company brands. Confer with multi-functional areas and lead strategy sessions to define needs and develop communications to speak with one voice and concisely communicate critical information.
• Led the development of the organization’s New Media marketing communications efforts, including the first viral video and engagement activities with New Media Members.
• Co-led the development of the company’s first Intranet, which is designed to improve processes, elevate productivity, and continue to reduce communications costs.
• Led the development of the first video communication vehicle, which is delivered to general managers at the retail level and corporate employees on a weekly basis.
• Managed Public Relations activities, coordinated media interviews with senior team members and served as spokesperson for organization.
• Served as the crisis team lead coordinating activities to deal with crisis situations to mitigate PR risks and effectively respond to media inquiries.
• Developed, wrote speeches, letters and memos for senior executives, including the Chief Executive Officer.
INTERNATIONAL WEB EDITOR
FOCUS ON THE FAMILY, Colorado Springs, CO
March 2002 – June 2004
Selected for newly created position to spearhead all aspects of Web site development and management and execute new online initiatives for the international division. Conferred and collaborated with technical and design teams throughout the project lifecycle for each site to ensure continuous traffic-generation. Selected, edited and wrote site content.
• Played a role in the development and management of nine Web sites for International Associate Offices and internal entities.
• Managed industry-leading marketing firm throughout all phases of developing a Spanish Web site, from concept and strategy development to design.
• Applied technical knowledge to incorporate complex functionality into each Web site, including audio and video streaming and radio station directories.
• Successfully drove up to seven projects simultaneously and balanced competing priorities.
• Chosen to travel to China on behalf of the organization to meet with Chinese government officials regarding the Chinese family and communicate organization’s mission.
REPORTER, IHS HEALTH GROUP, Englewood, CO (July 2001 – March 2002)
ASSOCIATE EDITOR, SATELLITE BROADBAND, Greenwood Village, CO (June 2000 – July 2001)
PREP EDITOR, DAILY CAMERA, Boulder, CO (August 1998 – June 2000)
EDUCATION & CREDENTIALS
Masters in Business Administration / Marketing (MBA) – University of Phoenix/Online (3.98 GPA)
Bachelor of Science in Journalism – University of Colorado at Boulder, Boulder, CO