Summary of Qualifications: IT Director and Project Manager with over 15 years experience implementing medium and large scale IT infrastructure projects including database migrations, networking, telephony and client server applications and networks. Responsible for planning, managing of infrastructure systems projects, staff and vendors. Other duties included tracking software licensing, creating budgets, and defining business requirements for vendors. Served as technical liaison for several national patient advocate associations such as The Epilepsy Foundation, Ohio Assoc. of Ambulatory Surgery Centers, Cleveland Clinic, Kentucky Hospice and Palliative care., National Assoc. of Dermatology Administrators and Managers.
Integration Coordinator: Ashland Oil- Current
Responsible for coordinating site staff and vendors for network migrations for over 6000 employees and 100+ offices worldwide. Manage preparedness for all remote sites, including data collection, staff, software licensing and network configurations. Develop run book and tracking mechanism. Coordinate post response teams, triage incidents, document trends, report status and next steps. Be the public face and focal point for all migration efforts.
Other experience: Infrastructure Project Manager for JP Morgan Chase Bank. Responsible for multimillion dollar desktop and telephony projects for call centers and offices nationwide for 10,000+ users.
Scotts Miracle Gro Headquarters, infrastructure PM in charge of opening manufacturing plants and offices throughout North America. Collaborate with senior management in defining project scope and deliverables.
• Deployment of call centers throughout the United States, Great Britain, Philippines.
• Migrations of Linux, Unix and Wintel environments.
• Successfully opened 3 Scotts Miracle Gro factories throughout the United States.
• 100% Successful close rate of projects.
• Lead the technical teams, and team leads per project.
• Implemented proof of concept projects for Citrix remote users.
• Act as the liaison between technical teams and the Scotts business groups.
• Track and maintain project budgets for both technical and business groups.
• Oversee the project teams for Network Engineering, Security, Telecom, Provisioning, Storage, Ensure continued alignment between line of business and IT
• Engage vendors for data conversion/migration, token projects, and application development
• Work with line of business and vendors to understand, map, and prioritize delivery of data models and converted data
• Manage to individual timelines and combine for program level reporting
• Identify project risks and facilitate risk mitigation strategy
• Provide non-biased analysis of project status and progress to internal executives and external audit firms
• Present to senior management the status of program deliverables and actions requiring decisions from an executive level
• Facilitate strategic planning sessions, status meetings, and steering committee meetings at the senior executive level
• Servers, Purchasing, Asset Management, Desktop, Help Desk, Remote Service Teams.
• Create high level calling trees, escalation plans, owners and support matrix.
• Lead application development integration teams of 100+ resources from varied merging financial institutions
• Plan, organize, and control the activities of individual teams of project management, application development, product management, and vendor management. Provide leadership and mentoring to project managers
2002 to 2009 –Director of IT and Project Manager, Strategic Health Care
SHC is a Ohio/Washington DC firm with 4 offices specializing in healthcare government relations, national healthcare organizations and association management.
• Coordinated and developed an internal email system that reduced monthly cost over $1200 per month and dropped spam by over 700% with an ROI of less than 6 months.
• Coordinated and oversaw the development of a web based SQL survey system for over 120 surgery centers across the state moving this from a paper system to a real time eliminating the need for outside consultants and improving the reporting time from 3 months to real time.
• Reduced mailing costs by converting to a mass fax and emailing system.
• Coordinated project for a national client association to centralized their data and develop a website that uses real time data collection for membership management, including special events, fund raisers and e-commerce thus eliminating contractors.
• Coordinated NT/XP desktop upgrade.
• Spearheaded development with software vendors to integrate overlapping databases reducing maintenance time by 50%. The benefit was so high for the vendors that both of them dropped our monthly maintenance cost completely, saving over $10,000/year.
• Lead the standardization project of hardware and software platforms. Headed up migration of all client data into a standardized database making it web accessible.
• Created interactive company websites with news feeds, email alerts, video conferencing which could be edited and maintained by non programmers.
• Lead the change to consolidate IT vendors, along with a standardized procurement and purchasing system saving considerable time and increasing delivery time while able to track budgets.
• Created a SharePoint system for remote users, calendar sharing along with having a central document and data repository.
• Headed up Kentucky hospice benchmarking data project to track patient quality of care data and reporting for state.
• Implemented disaster recovery plan and failover system for both data and phone system including blackberry server system while making this HIPAA Compliant.
• Implemented VoIP and call tracking system that reduced phone costs and added a revenue stream from clients that shared office space.
• Lead several networks and infrastructure projects for national clients. Technical liaison and business analyst for our clients and their IT vendors.
• On the board of the Ohio Association of Ambulatory Surgery Centers (OAASC) and the National
• Organization of Dermatologist Managers (ADA-M) as business analyst and project manager for all IT related issues.
• Track and maintain budgets for hardware, software and consultants.
• Oversee and maintain websites for clients.
• Responsible for writing IT training manuals, training users, staff and clients.
• Maintained MS SQL database for web based programs and maintained internal databases.
• Responsible for software license compliance and enforcement.
• Responsible for end user policy compliance and enforcement.
• Maintained Windows server 2003, Active Directory, Windows XP, Vista, 7 and Linux Desktops.
• Administrator for MS Exchange 2007, Blackberry & SharePoint Servers, Windows Small Business Server 2003 & 2008, Sonic Wall and Cisco routers, firewalls and VoIP, NCR and Avaya phone systems.
2000-2002--WorkNET Inc, Wireless Internet Service Provider, Network Operations Manager
• Setup statewide help desk for internal and client use including hiring staff.
• Maintained and wrote budgets for help desk and support in excess of $1.5 million.
• Setup networks and offices for statewide offices, including procurement of hardware and software and vendor support.
• Responsible for staffing and training help desk and technicians.
• Lead network engineer.
1997-2000 S.A.I.C. Science Applications International Corporation-Nuclear Engineering
SAIC Nuclear Division designs and implements computer and network equipment for nuclear power plants throughout the US, Russia & Lithuania.
• System engineer for I/O and monitoring systems for nuclear plant processing computers.
• Directed technicians and contractors for builds, tear down and testing.
• Managed technicians, contractors and consultants.
• Responsible for network security and data security protocols for nuclear power plants.
• Created project schedules and resource assignments.
• Network administrator and data analyst for reactor monitoring computers.
• On-site certification and testing of large scale computer systems for NRC.
• Spent 80% time on-site at US, Russia and Lithuanian nuclear power plants.
1988-1997- American Electric Power, Nuclear Engineering Started as a technician in IS and was promoted 4 times in 9 years while attending school full time.
• Systems analyst for enterprise network including nuclear plant processing system.
• Server administrator for DC Cook Nuclear Power Plant in Michigan.
• Technical lead for nuclear plant technicians and contractors.
• Responsible for coordination for build and test of nuclear reactor monitoring systems.
• Member of Nuclear Emergency Response Team with NRC.
• Classified work for the Uranium Enrichment plant in Piketon Ohio.
• Held top secret security clearance through the Nuclear Regulatory Commission and the Department of Energy.
Education and Training:
Franklin University, Bachelor of Science
Business Management with dual major in Computer Management
Dean’s List, Presidents Club
Hocking College, Associate of Applied Science
Electrical Engineering Technology
Ohio State University, Continuing Education
45 credit hours of continuing education credits
Currently taking classes for project management and studying for PM certification, and American Sign Language
Software and Operating Systems Advanced Skills
Microsoft Windows Server 2003, 07, SharePoint 2.0 & 3.0, Small Business Server 2003 and 2008, Exchange Server 2003, 07 Active Directory, TCP/IP Networking, XP, Vista, Windows 7, Blackberry Enterprise Server, Banyan Vines, OS/2 Certified Engineer, MS Office Professional, MS Visio, MS Project, MS Access, Dreamweaver, FreeSpire, Linux Red Hat Server, MS FrontPage, Trend Micro Antivirus Enterprise deployment and support.
Other Software and Programming Experience
Cisco routers, Sonic wall Routers and firewalls, Lotus Notes, VMS, Unix, C++, QuickBooks and Peachtree Accounting, AutoCAD, Citrix 3.0 Prevail Database Management, Crystal Reporting, FORTAN77, COBAL, NCR and Avaya VoIP systems, TAPIT Phone Monitoring Systems.
Other: Notary Public, First Aid and CPR certified.
REFERENCES AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST