ROBERT L. SULLENBERGER, MBA, MS, PMP
A Project Management Institute certified Project Management Professional (PMP) holding two advanced degrees having cross-functional experience in various project/program/process leadership positions. Working knowledge includes:
* Project/Program/Process Management
* Information Technology System Design
* Strategic Planning
* Quality Management/Six Sigma
* Business Process Engineering
* Organizational Training and Development
BLUE CROSS BLUE SHIELD OF SOUTH CAROLINA, Columbia, SC 2006-2011 Sr. Project Leader, Information Systems Division
Responsible for project leadership of a portfolio of information technology/infrastructure development projects for the largest single employer in the state. Provided cross-functional coordination of various organizational entities, ensuring that timelines and budgets met organizational requirements as outlined in the Statement of Work.
• Managed the implementation of technology infrastructure projects utilizing the Waterfall method of Requirements, Solution, Engineering, Deployment, and Post-Implementation.
• Worked in concert with the Design teams utilizing the latest technologies to engineer new, more cost-effective processes to deliver better quality of service to individual business unit customers.
VANDERLANDE INDUSTRIES, Marietta, GA 2004-2006
Project Manager, Material Handling Systems
Responsible for day-to-day project operational leadership for this international organization, executing projects with revenues in excess of $25M in Tampa, FL and Dallas, TX.
• Accountable for all project schedule, budget, and quality results.
• Developed and implemented quality control processes for project information flows to eliminate redundancy, reduce throughput time, and create ease of access for all users.
• Responsible for on-site vendor and contractor management, including purchase requisition and invoicing authority.
• Responsible for change order processing, ensuring that submittals to customer included all requisite subcontractor documentation.
• Established project site logistics infrastructure/processes, working in concert with parent organization’s Supply Chain from requirements definition to fabrication to transport and delivery, ensuring that material arrived just-in-time per the project master schedule.
GEORGIA TECHNOLOGY AUTHORITY, Atlanta, GA 2002-2004
Program Manager/Consultant, Information Technology
Provided project management services and project/program consulting to various Georgia state agencies to include the Secretary of State’s Elections Office and the Department of Motor Vehicle Safety.
• Maintained project oversight responsibility for the nation’s first-ever statewide uniform electronic voting machine deployment/implementation (November 2002, $54M). Reported bi-weekly project status updates to State executive leadership.
• Facilitated/instructed project management study groups to various Georgia state agency project managers preparing for the Project Management Professional (PMP) certification exam.
• Wrote and submitted Georgia Technology Authority’s Request for Proposal (RFP) for the State’s Project Management Training Initiative (PMTI).
PROVANT PROJECT MANAGEMENT, Atlanta, GA 1998-2002
Senior Project Manager/Consultant
Led/Managed on-site service delivery of multi-million dollar technology projects for this project management consulting/training organization.
• Developed and maintained project master schedule for client’s 200+ site network/platform integration project by establishing a baseline schedule, tracking targeted metrics, and reporting to client executive leadership. Communications produced included status, variance, and stakeholder reports.
• Developed Program Management Office (PMO) structure, processes, and methodologies to allow client to effectively select, prioritize, implement, and track enterprise projects.
• Designed logistics/transport process for nationwide network integration involving 150+ sites with redesigned business process efficiencies realizing cost savings from use of just-in-time inventory method.
• Provided on-site project/program management training/mentoring to major clients including Norfolk Southern Railroad, Halliburton Oil, and Aetna/US Healthcare.
SECURITYLINK FROM AMERITECH, Atlanta, GA 1996-1998
Project/Program Manager, Electronic Security Systems
Profit/Loss accountability for successful installation/development of integrated security/fire systems for major retail customers in projects across the United States, with revenues in excess of $10M.
• Managed over 30 projects through entire project lifecycle (Initiate, Plan, Execute/Control, Close).
• Initiated, developed, and led the construction and implementation of a structured Program Management Office (PMO) for the National Account Team.
• Managed project portfolio by utilizing program management methodology techniques for tracking individual/collective project and program status.
• Coordinated requisite project/program work with multiple contractors and suppliers, reporting results/progress to project stakeholders and executive leadership.
• Redesigned internal office’s business processes, utilizing advanced technologies in conjunction with manual procedures to eliminate work redundancy. The net effect of the change resulted in cost savings associated with the customer order/delivery cycle.
ROADWAY PACKAGE SYSTEM, Jacksonville, FL 1992-1996
Operations/Special Projects Manager, Transportation
Managed receipt, segregation, and routing of all air freight in the state of Florida to include 13 satellite terminals. All freight coordinated for delivery to system-wide hubs throughout the United States.
• Planned/Managed nightly shift operation, coordinating human resource utilization with other functional operational units, thus optimizing overall operational performance.
• Coordinated all nationwide freight routing with airlines, couriers, and other transport entities to ensure adherence to company-wide service delivery standards.
• Initiated quality improvement program by redesigning internal operations procedures, realizing increased bottom-line terminal performance.
UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS, Camp LeJeune, NC 1986-1991
Infantry Company Platoon Commander/Executive Officer, Military
Responsible for training and administrative oversight of a 200-man unit of the Second Battalion, Second Marine Regiment in both peacetime and combat operations.
• Served as unit Embarkation Officer on various deployments to include the Gulf War of 1991.
• Planned and executed combat operations in coordination with other Marine combat operations elements during the Gulf War of 1991.
• Master of Business Administration (MBA)-Kennesaw State University (GA)
• Master of Human Resources/Industrial Management (MHRM)-University of North Florida
• Bachelor of Science (BS)-University of South Carolina
• Project Management Professional (PMP)-Project Management Institute; Certification Number 24256