Cell phone: 610-***-****
To obtain an administrative or clerical position, enabling me to utilize my technical experiences, and communication skills; while contributing enthusiasm, organization, professionalism stamina.
• 7/2003 to present (Previously a Full Time Employee from 6/1990 – 11/1993): East Coast Graphics, Cochranville, PA
Freelance Graphic Design, Desktop Publications and Photographer:
Freelance Creative Graphic Artist with digital art. Design brochures, using supplied old art files, photographs to touch up, or old mock up brochures, for prepress. Achieved on my iMac, using Adobe InDesign, Photoshop & Illustrator through Adobe CS5.
• 1/2011 –4/2012: Avante Salon on Main Street, Exton, PA:
Hair Stylist, Makeup artist
Worked full time as Hair Stylist and makeup artist. Provided all salon services and sales. Continued education, keeping updated on all of the newest trends of style and technique such as attending advanced classes outside of the salon, including Sam Villa cutting class, Ruth Roche color & style, and a 5 day extensive haircolor class at the Redken Exchange in NYC. See portfolio for details.
• 6/2001 – 3/2009: Diamond Graphics Inc., Downingtown, PA:
Prepress Project Manager, Designer, and Production Coordinator
Responsible for managing, coordinating and delegating all print production, create production artwork and delegate prepress work flow. Managed all projects while working closely with the client and plant to ensure all deadlines are met on or ahead of schedule, preparing all job projects from beginning stage to end stage, starting in prepress, coordinating for pressroom to bindry, as well as shipping (ensuring all materials, packing slips, P.O.’s & BOL’s are accurate before shipping) for direct mail marketing print shop. Collected and created digital art files for print, submit proofs to clients for proof approval, editing AA’s, and approve final output layout using Rampage RIP and image setter output. Designed and created all pre-press plate templates using a non-pre-press program, saving the company a lot of money. Provided solutions to enhance and improve our clients’ deadline demands by creating and maintaining all spreadsheets & databases used to organize pre-press, pressroom, shipping & receiving and accounting departments. Responsibilities also included performing random press checks, provided constant customer contact and support throughout each project’s timeline. Provided office and pre-press technical support. Assisted in sales, gaining new clientele. Acting HR Coordinator, by creating and handling all employee files, reviews and updates to employee review reports, accident reports, workers’ compensation & employee benefits. Maintain QuickBooks program for the accounting department and assist in accounts payable & receivable for the Billing Department. See letter of recommendation attached.
• 5/1990 – 7/2003: Insight Communications, Wilmington, DE
Responsible for managing clients’ advertisement projects as the liaison between the customers, artist and printers. Continuous contact with customers, vendors and creative specialists to organize project requirements from creative to print while staying within tight deadlines and budget requirements. I was also partial business owner of the company.
Technical & Professional Skills:
• Software proficiency in Quark Xpress, All Adobe CS5 programs (includes In Design, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat with Pitstop, etc), proficient with all Microsoft Office applications (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access), Well versed in Quick Books. Use of file transfer programs (FTP), compression and editing programs. I can achieve all results on both Macintosh and PC platforms, and have the ability to integrate and optimize each platform as necessary.
• Management experience, overseeing the entire 2 shift printing operation, and management of 10+ employees. Ability to delegate responsibilities to ensure all operations run accurately and smooth.
• Superior verbal and written and communication skills. Maintaining a positive and enthusiastic attitude, professionalism, and quality assurance while working under tight deadlines, to ensure complete customer satisfaction.
• Team player, with superior multi tasking skills and proactive in troubleshooting any issues, including technical. Possess a distinctive attention to detail.
• Cecil County Community College – 1990 – 1992, Commercial Photography & Graphic Arts
• Pulse Beauty Academy, A Paul Mitchell Partner School – Graduated 6/2010 – Licensed Cosmetologist
• Certified Pilates Instructor, and Group Fitness Instructor, CPR & First Aid Certified, SCUBA Certified.
Artistic and Academic Achievements at The Paul Mitchell Academy:
• Attended The Paul Mitchell “Caper Event” 2010, in Las Vegas, NV, with private classes by John Paul Dejoria, Artistic Directors, Scott Cole and Angus Mitchell’s haircutting class, color class with “Hair colorist of the year” Linda Yodice, style, color and cutting classes with Platform Artists Takashi Kitamura & Stephanie Kocieski.
• Assisted backstage in hair design, hair color and make-up application on models at The PA Hair Show, invited to work with Paul Mitchell Artistic Directors Stephanie Kocieski & Takashi Kitamura.