Anjana Rao ** Chester St
Natick, MA *****
Master of Business Administration
Coursework includes Marketing Management, Business Communications, Accounting, Human Resources, Organizational Development, Economics, Management Information Systems, and Business and
Financed 30% of educational costs through personal earnings.
1990 University of California, Berkeley
Bachelor of Science (Bio-Resource Sciences)
TECHNICAL SKILLS Computer literate in Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, Lotus-123, Quattro-Pro, dBase3, Bloomberg, Apollo, Titan (Chase Global / Domestic Custody).
Nov2006–May 2008 Bank of America, Waltham, MA
Loan Administrator I
• Primarily responsible for perfecting bank's collateral.
• Responsible for maintaining control of Bank collateral through accurate booking on the system of record (SOR), set-up and standardization of collateral files, set-up and review of tickler and exception tracking data.
• Responsible for accurate set-up and maintenance of billing schedules, pricing options, risk rating changes and all other client record and indicative data.
• Responsible for data accuracy and timely completion of collateral process. The following qualifications were required of this position:
• Proficiency in handling moderately to highly complex credits
• Ability to meet production deadlines
• Complete understanding of billing schedules and client-impact issues related to AFS
Jun 2006-Oct 2006 JP Morgan Chase, Boston, MA
• Responsible for accounting of all daily transactions, including the valuation of portfolio holdings to determine accurate NAV.
• Prepare cash availability, projections and reconcile balances with custodian and review accuracy of system, calculate fund income and expense accruals and maintain portfolio from security transactions through corporate actions, general ledger.
• Perform monthly reconciliation package and work on newly created cash and assets team focusing strictly on researching.
• Resolving discrepancies for the entire client fund group.
• Build daily relation with fund management, custodian and various advisors to ensure trade accuracy through effective communication and train, assist and mentor recently hired fund accountants.
• Manage multiple portfolio types: Domestic/International Equities and Fixed Incomes.
• Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual reports for clients.
Mar 2004–Jun 2006 PFPC, Westborough, MA
Investment Accountant I
• Perform investment accounting functions on an automated accounting system.
• Prepare daily, weekly, monthly trial balances and financial statements.
• Provide daily investable cash balances to Portfolio Manager.
• Verified accuracy of trade tickets relating to portfolio transactions.
• Reviewed market quotes for acceptable accuracy.
Anjana Rao Page 2
EXPERIENCE - continued
• Determined NAV.
• Price funds.
• Worked with corporate actions.
• Prepared monthly and semi-annual surveys meeting strict deadlines.
1994 – 2004 Globe Enterprises, West Chester, PA
• Hired, trained, & motivated 50 employees in internet merchandising, networking, & selling products to direct & retail accounts.
• Responsibilities included inventory control, budget preparation, cost control, & travel arrangements. Increased profits by 100 %.
LANGUAGE SKILLS Fluent in English and Hindi, Spanish (semi-fluent)