Babylon, NY *****
OBJECTIVE: I would like to obtain a position within the Environmental Compliance Health and Safety industry.
Hudson Valley Community College
• Associates Degree 06/2007
• Applied Science
Eastern Kentucky University
Degree Sought – Currently Enrolled
• Bachelor's Science Degree in Occupational Safety
Rochester Institute of Technology
General Industry Certified Health and Safety Specialist
• Courses: OSH Standards for General Industry, Introduction to Safety and Health Management, Recordkeeping Rule Seminar, Introduction to Machinery and Machine Guarding Standards, Permit Required Confined Space Entry, OSHA Guide to Industrial Hygiene
• 40 Hour Hazwopper
• 8 Hour Hazwopper Refresher 01/2012
• State of New York - Department of Labor Asbestos Contractor Supervisor Certification
• 10 Hour Construction Industry Outreach Certification
• Transportation Worker Identification Credential TWIC
• American Red Cross CPR/First Aid/AED training certification
Parkchester South Condominiums, Inc
Health and Safety Manager
• To develop, implement and monitor Occupational Health and Safety Policy, Programs, and Procedures;
• To assist the Board in complying with current health and safety legislation and/or regulations with the objective of ensuring that all reasonable and proper measures are taken to protect the safety and health of learners, staff and visitors;
• To establish budget proposals for the operation of the Occupational Health and Safety office and specific training programs;
• To increase health and safety awareness at all levels within the organization;
• To investigate and report on all serious/critical personal injury accidents occurring to staff and/or visitors to the appropriate senior official, and to assist in the investigation of all accidents/incidents that result in substantial damage to vehicles and property;
• To investigate and report on complaints of hazardous working conditions to the Associate Director and/or other appropriate senior staff;
• To respond to employees’ safety concerns;
• To conduct, as necessary, the safety inspection of any facility;
• To assist the Board’s Joint Occupational Health & Safety Committees;
• To respond to fires and other emergencies on or about the Board property;
• To coordinate registration and removal of hazardous waste;
• To receive reports from and respond to orders issued by Department of Labor inspectors;
• To arrange for Occupational Health and Safety testing and/or evaluations of the workplace by external agencies/consultants as may be necessary;
• To act as liaison with all related governmental bodies and regulating agencies;
• To coordinate the training of personnel in areas of safety, including first aid, CPR, accident prevention and investigation, work place inspections and other matters related to implementing safety procedures in facilities;
• To assist executive staff, senior administrators, principals and supervisors in emergency preparedness;
• To liaise with the fire department regarding emergency procedures, communications and fire safety education programs;
• Develop, implement, and conduct all aspects of in house OSHA training to employees.
• Follow, monitor, and coordinate with Third party consultant on all aspects of workers compensation claims.
• To assume other duties as may be assigned.
The Tyree Company
Compliance Project Manager-Oil and Gas
• Responsibilities include project management of violations issued by various government agencies, coordination of maintenance contractors, documentation research, collection, and report preparation.
• Manage billing of compliance department. Includes direct billing, billing tracking, budget management and budget preparation/forecasting.
• Responsibilities include tracking and compliance of Petroleum Bulk Storage (PBS) facilities through multiple government agencies such as the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation (NYSDEC).
• Scheduling and representation in court cases for private clients, preparation and submittal of documentation for court cases for town, city and state cases.
• Perform thorough compliance inspections at petroleum dispensing facilities per state regulations.
• Project management, planning, organization, implementation and follow-up.
• Provided consultation to clients on all compliance pertaining issues.
GE Wind Energy Infrastructure/Granite Services 03/08-03/09
Internal Auditor and Consultant
• Ensured compliance with established procedures to maintain effective internal control over the physical product flow and accounting of inventory receiving, shipping, and other areas both domestically and internationally for General Electric Corporation.
• Provided 24/7 remote monitoring and diagnostics to GE wind turbine fleet of Americas.
• Responsible for inventory planning, scheduling and general management to ensure adequate inventory of product in accord with inventory cycles.
• Provided the research of material requests and purchase descriptions of national and local stock numbers.
• Determined allowance quantities, unit of issue, unit price and seek interchangeability information on requested items.
• Led a team of individuals to maintain all material receipts, inventory, specification, vendor audit, and shipping documents.
• Organized and prepared the audit plan and directly lead the scheduling and assignment of work for the estimation of resource needs.
• Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Dataflow, Oracle, SQL, Visio Pro, Timberline Software, Venture program.