JUSTIN MICHAEL BALOG
Offers over 15 Years working directly in the information technology field with over 8 years of diverse experience in senior general management leading demanding technical operations comprised of as many as 230 individuals in both military and commercial environments. Adept in providing effective corporate IT policy and strategy. Proven professional leadership experience in very demanding environments such as network operation centers, helpdesk support teams, and general corporate operations. Expertise encompasses business technology strategy, IT procurement and asset management, international business, project management, corporate communications, team facilitation, and risk management. Fluent in German. Department of Defense SECRET security clearance.
• Selected as one of three engineers responsible for the design and implementation of the largest mobile data network in U.S. military history in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom (OIF).
• Revitalized InnerCite’s Computer Services department increasing the client account base from 3 to 25 businesses with an average reoccurring revenue increase of 360% within six months of taking over the department.
• Procured more than $10 Million Dollars in vital resources required for necessary IT security infrastructure upgrades for the OIF network.
• Engineered the Fixed Wireless Broadband Internet product servicing the El Dorado Hills, California Business Park providing high speed internet to over 120 local business and services.
• Established key IT policies and standards for SNSC which contributed to above average bond ratings from three major credit rating agencies contributing to millions of dollars in overall financial savings and opportunities.
SN SERVICING CORPORATION
FINANCIAL, LOAN SERVICES, BANKING (MATHER, CA).................2005 - 2008
DIRECTOR, INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
Responsible for the entire enterprise IT infrastructure for Security National Master Holding Company and all of its affiliated organizations. Managed all IT infrastructural and communication costs constituting between 3-5 million dollars annually. Responsible for the operational oversight and professional development of 9-12 managers, engineers and technicians.
• Established cost control purchasing program, a standard RFP program and procurement control measures directly contributing to over $200k in annual savings.
• Oversaw the infrastructure build out for SNSC’s first integrated international office established in Lisbon, Portugal for an operation of over 70 employees.
• Introduced new technologies to include Cisco’s Wide Area Application Services, VMware Virtualization and Intrusion/Extrusion prevention.
• Optimized IT support efficiency through new and updated applications including a new help desk ticketing system, purchase order system, contract management program, asset management system and software license management.
• Created critical documentation outlining Statewide Bank’s complete business operations plan shortly after hurricane Katrina. In order to successfully reconstitute operations, documentation was critical in outlining all of the Bank’s critical business applications including the interaction with FISERV. Facilitated in the restructure and new hire of entire IT staff for Statewide Bank.
INTERNET, TELECOM & COMPUTER SERVICES PROVIDER (EL DORADO HILLS, CA)...............2004-2005
DIRECTOR, COMPUTER SERVICES – CHIEF TECHNOLOGY OFFICER (CTO)
Responsible for driving the corporate information technology strategy, and direction of all information technology services provided by the company. Directed the overall internal system operations of InnerCite servicing over 10,000 accounts consisting of services including Dial-Up, ISDN, DSL, T1, Fixed Wireless Broadband Internet, Internet Facility Collocation, Web-Hosting, Email-Hosting, Computer Services and Telecommunication Services for the Sacramento, California region.
• Directed InnerCite’s complete facility move coupled with the core internet services migration from SBC Internet Services (PBI Net), an OC3 ATM fiber uplink, which was successfully migrated to MCI World Com Internet services (UUNet) with less than 3 hours of downtime.
• Created an extremely functional Computer Services department model, implementing a customer billing and service tracking system which more than doubled labor utilization efficiency.
• Established with the American Registry of Internet Numbers (ARIN) InnerCite’s autonomous system number (ASN 33445) as prelude to carrier and physical network complete diversity
• Coordinated all acquisition planning & migration for all services provided by InnerCite to various service providers including Akano Communications, Omsoft Communications and Technify, Inc.
DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE, COALITION JOINT TASK FORCE-7,
JOINT NETWORK OPERATIONS & SECURITY CENTER
MILITARY & GOVERNMENT (BAGHDAD, IRAQ)...............2002-2004
DATA NETWORK OPERATIONS DIRECTOR/SYSTEMS INTEGRATION BRANCH OFFICER
Responsible for the overall integration and operation of a 12-tier Promina data nodal network incorporating DISN services into the Iraq Theater of Operations (ITO). Headed all information security compliance and reporting. Worked directly with higher governmental agencies to coordinate vital areas of IT reporting and information exchange. Oversaw the entire data health monitoring status for the ITO network. Responsible for the concurrent data engineering and all future tactical data network configurations and equipment integration.
• Administered the most extensive joint coalition wide area tactical data network providing more than 150,000 subscribers with secure data connectivity at a scale of over 617 Cisco routers and 122 network encryption devices.
• Directed all elements of the data operations center, including 10 personnel overseeing 16 different tier data control system centers covering the entire Iraqi theater of operations.
• Trained dozens of individuals regarding data communications on link establishment, network routing, hardware encryption, and customer service.
• Promoted to CPT and temporarily served as director of the Systems Integration Branch of the 22nd Signal Brigade.
UNITED STATES ARMY SIGNAL CORPS, 22ND SIGNAL BRIGADE
MILITARY & GOVERNMENT (DARMSTADT, GERMANY)...............2000-2002
DATA PACKAGE PLATOON LEADER/EXECUTIVE OFFICER (2001 – 2002)
Supervised directly over 20 individuals providing primary long-haul bandwidth communications support to all V Corps tactical headquarters. Managed all DISN services, including the Voice Defense Switching Network (DSN telephones), the Defense Red Switch Network (DRSN), Video Teleconferencing (VTC), secure email and peer collaboration connectivity, and all associated equipment totaling more than $10M.
• Acted in various capacities as company commander of over 230 individuals.
• Directed the integration of the first-ever mounted data package shelter.
• Led the transformation of seven data package nodes totaling over $6M.
• Saved approximately $120k annually through controlled budgetary constraints.
SMALL & LARGE EXTENSION NODE PLATOON LEADER/EXECUTIVE OFFICER (2000 - 2001)
Managed over 42 individuals providing primary voice and data communications services to the V Corps Main Tactical Headquarters along with various subordinate unit headquarters. Oversaw the operations, installation, and maintenance seventeen communications shelters, and two cable section totaling over $22 million dollars. Supported over 400 customers with voice and data connectivity.
• Salvaged unit morale and efficiency
• Produced less than 2% downtime among four deployed teams while in operation in Poland; a first for that particular unit.
• Awarded General Douglas MacArthur leadership Brigade nomination.
• Awarded the Army’s Outstanding Volunteer Service medal.
CAPITAL NETWORK CONSULTING
NETWORK & SECURITY CONSULTING, COMPUTER SERVICES (VARIOUS)...............1993 - PRESENT
COMPUTER AND NETWORK SERVICES, PRINCIPLE CONSULTANT
BACHELOR OF ARTS, INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS, BRIGHAM YOUNG UNIVERSITY
PROMINA NODAL NETWORK MANAGERS COURSE, DEFENSE INFORMATION SYSTEMS AGENCY EUROPE
SIGNAL OFFICER BASIC COURSE, U.S. ARMY SIGNAL CENTER
CERTIFIED INFORMATION SYSTEMS SECURITY PROFESSIONAL (CISSP) COURSE, ISC2
AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST
TECHNICAL SKILLS SUMMARY
AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST
AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST
LINKED In Profile