ANIL KUMAR TIWARI
A- ***, Sahjanand Park, Motera Stadium Road, Sabarmati, Ahmedabad-380005
Strong credentials in displaying incredible performances in fiercely competitive market scenario
OBJECTIVE: Seeking senior level marketing/commercial assignment with cement/steel/any other manufacturing industry offering opportunities for operational independence.
PROFILE: Competent and committed marketing/ materials management professional with career excellence of 25 years in large companies in cement and steel industries. Proven capabilities in rolling out innovative marketing strategies to generate and retain a respectable market share in the backdrop of competitive business scenario. Innate strengths in exploring and expanding markets customizing marketing thrusts proportionate to market potential. Consistent performer with strong track record of exceeding sales and profitability targets across all market segments – Trade and Non-trade. Extensive experience in managing entire material logistics and project/ bulk stores generating huge cost advantage in operations. Fine-tuned analytical and problem solving skills. Team leader and a natural motivator having ability to build a cohesive team of performers. Superior written and verbal communication skills. Key strength areas include:
Marketing/ Sales Planning Business Development Channel Management
Trade/ Non –Trade Marketing Strategic Planning/ Promotions Market Intelligence
Liaison/ Administration Team Management Strong Interpersonal Skills
Kamdhenu Cements Ltd Apr 2009 - Continue
Looking after all marketing related activities in Gujarat.
Kamdhenu Ispat Ltd Nov 2007 - Mar2009
• Spearheading marketing operations of the company in entire Gujarat Region with final accountability for achievement of regional revenue and profitability targets.
• Set up a strong network of channel partners to maximize market reach. Designing and implementing cost effective promotional strategies in the region to generate maximum impact on target audience.
• Exploring potential business opportunities across all potential segments and deployed needed marketing thrust to generate sales.
• Leading, mentoring and motivating a team of sales and operations staff to build them into a cohesive unit of performers. Constantly monitoring performance of the sales team to identify and isolate bottlenecks and providing reinforcements to facilitate achievement of agreed sales targets.
Manager (Mktg. & Sales)
Sujalam Pipes Ltd, Ahmedabad Feb 2006 - Oct 2007
(Sister Concern of Deepak Cement and Chemicals Ltd.)
• Driven marketing, sales and collection initiatives across entire state of Gujarat to develop business for A.C.Pressure Pipes.
• Surpassed business targets across all market segments –channel sales, industrial sales etc. – and established credibility as a dependable performer. Integrated efforts of team members to maximize individual and team productivity.
Asst. Manager Sales
Gujarat Sidhee Cements Ltd, Ahmedabad Jul 1997 - Jan 2006
The company owns reputed Hathi and Sidhee Brand cement with strong presence in Gujarat and western region.
• Managed company’s sales in Junagadh region including Porbandar, Veraval & Junagadh as Regional Head (Sales). Directed efforts of sales team to build and sustain a reasonable market share.
• Recorded sale of 8000 MT of cement against target of 6000 MT in Nov. 1998. This effort was widely applauded by the management and a Letter of Appreciation was awarded to me by the Joint President (Mktg.).
• Secured productive support from the Port Authorities, Stevedores, GMB, and Customs, which facilitated Loading and Sailing of the Vessel on time. This resulted in marked improvement in dispatches Without Delay.
• Proactively contributed in SIDHEE MELA (June-July 2000) Organized in Ahmedabad City in the backdrop of Town Development Plan. Joint President (Mktg & Sales) awarded me an Appreciation Letter for my contributions and surpassing agreed business goals.
• In recognition of my performance in western part, I was allotted Eastern Region also to initiate developmental efforts to transform this region also as a major revenue contributor.
• Appointed 25 dealers in record time of 3 months. Received an appreciation letter from JP (M&S) in 2001-2002. This effort earned wide appreciation from the Head of Development Cell.
• Awarded with an appreciation letter from GM (Sales) & JP (M&S) for excellent performance as Head of the Development of the Ahmedabad City area. Also worked as Regional Head, Mehsana for six months.
• Participated in tenders and developed substantial business in Non Trade Segment of Gujarat State.
• Was assigned the core market of Veraval Coastal Belt for business development. Posted a phenomenal upsurge 150% in sales within a span of just 9 months. The growth resulted in zooming of the company’s market share to nearly 50%.
• Was posted at Junagadh in the light of exemplary performance in Veraval and created all time record of sales in this territory. Executive Vice Chairman Mr. Jay Mehta awarded me an appreciation letter for this effort.
Asstt. Officer (Stores)
Gujarat Ambuja Cements Ltd., Kodinar Dec. 1986 - July 97
• Entrusted with the responsibilities to manage Distribution, Stores Deptt, Project Stores and Bulk Terminal Stores. Meticulously implemented Systems, Procedures, and Guidelines etc. relating to Stores.
• Streamlined all stores operations including Packing Operations overcoming all initial difficulties being the cement project of the co.
• Successfully set up New Project Stores for New Cement Projects (Gaj Line II and Muldwarka Terminal)
• During Project Gaj Line II, effectively planned unloading of Plant & Machineries to avoid Double Handling and Transportation resulting in cost savings in excess of Rs. 15.00 Lacs on account of Transportation, Labor Cost, and Time etc.
Shree Digvijay Cement Co.Ltd Nov 1985 - Nov 86
(Currently Grasim Industries)
• Promoted sale of cement in Surat area and consistently achieved Sales and Collection targets in the allotted territory.
• P.G. Diploma in Marketing Mgt from Management Studies Promotional Institute, New Delhi.
Computer Literacy: MS Office
Languages known: Hindi, English and Gujarati.
INTERNATIONAL PASSPORT NO: K 4836714