Objective Seeking responsibility and career opportunities offering unlimited challenges in managerial positions focused in warehousing/distribution centers, production control, manufacturing, quality, production equipment maintenance, logistics, with continual advancement toward Upper Management level positions.
Experience Spring 2006: Texas A&M International University
• Adjunct Instructor College of Business Administration: Course POM (Production Operations Management).
1986–Present Delphi Corporation
Positions held with Delphi:
• Materials Manager. Managed the cable distribution center located in Nuevo Laredo, Mexico, supporting 9 facilities in the Mexico Eastern regions for Delphi Packard.
• Materials Manager. Coordinated materials movement activities with Delphi Packard divisional U.S. suppliers to support Delphi Packard Mexico East region manufacturing plants. Also, managed the Delphi Packard Mexico cable distribution center supporting Delphi’s East regional plants consisting of 9 facilities.
• On-site Delphi Packard Distribution Center Manager. Managed a 234,000 sq. ft. distribution center located in Laredo, Texas, supporting the divisional Mexico East Packard region.
• On-site Delphi Packard Distribution Center Manager. Managed a 325,000 sq. ft. distribution center located in El Paso, Texas, supporting the divisional Mexico West Packard region.
• On-site Delphi Packard Distribution Center Manager. Managed a 220,000 sq. ft. distribution center located in Los Indios, Texas, supporting the Delco division for Matamoros and Reynosa, Mexico operations.
• On-site Delphi Delco Distribution Center Manager for the Delco Mexico Operations distribution centers in Brownsville and McAllen, Texas, Reynosa and Matamoros, Mexico. Consisting of 7 facilities in the U.S. and Mexico.
• Purchasing Manager in the Delphi Delco Matamoros, Mexico facility. Purchased all non-productive material for the facility.
• Quality Systems Support Manager in Delphi Delco division located in Matamoros, Mexico facility consisting of 6,000 employees. Responsible for the implementation of ISO 9000, Document Control, Metrology, Reliability Lab, Final Inspection and Internal Quality Audits.
• Surfacemount Production Control Manager in the Delphi Delco Matamoros, Mexico facility. Responsible for implementing the central materials activities for the circuit board production process.
• General Supervisor in the Delphi Delco Semiconductor Production Operation in the corporate location in Kokomo, Indiana.
• General Supervisor Delphi Delco Maintenance Department supporting the Semiconductor Operations, three shift operation in Kokomo, Indiana.
1979–1985 United Technologies/Mostek Carrollton, Texas
Manufacturing Manager of Semiconductor Products
Responsible for all production functions in a semiconductor operation. Managed production schedules, quality goals, continuous improvement processes, and people development. My organization consisted of over 400 employees.
1978–1979 Texas Instruments Lubbock, Texas
Semiconductor Production Supervisor
Responsible for the production of semiconductors in a clean room environment. Accomplished departmental production schedules and quality initiatives.
1975–1978 Tandy Corporation Ft. Worth, Texas
Production Line Technician
Primary responsibilities to maintain high speed production equipment that produced audio cassette tapes.
1971-1975 United States Air Force Ft. Worth, Texas
Aircraft Maintenance Airmen-United States Air Force
Coordinated all maintenance activities for the B-52D Bomber aircraft during Vietnam conflict and in peacetime.
Carswell Air Force Base: Ft. Worth, Texas U.S.A.
Anderson Air Force Base: Guam U.S.A. Supporting Vietnam conflict.
Honorable Discharge: Vietnam veteran
Education 1976 Obtained Airframe and Power plant License (A&P)
This is a FAA required license to work on private or commercial aircraft.
1976 Associates Degree in Aviation Tarrant County Junior College
1977 B.S. Degree in Industrial Technology East Texas State University
1998 MBA City University
2005 to Present (Doctorate of Management in Organizational Leadership-student) University of Phoenix
• Six Sigma Green Belt certified
• SAP Distribution Center implementation team member
Community Service & Other Interests Los Fresnos, Texas High School Advisory Board member, Delphi Corp. (Packard Division) United Way coordinator (Laredo, Texas), Delphi Corp. (Packard Division) sponsor of High School scholarships on behalf of Delphi (Laredo, Texas). Also, running, weight training, and golf.