Passionate CNA who can bring dedication and energy to the task of providing comprehensive patient care and creating a comfortable patient environment. Skilled at monitoring and sterilizing medical equipment, coordinating with nurses to provide basic patient care, and completing patient status assessments. EDUCATION
Knowledge First institute, Silver Spring, MD, Certified Nursing Assistant, 2020 Woodland Job Corps, Laurel, MD, Culinary Arts, 2001 Ballou STAY High School, Washington, DC, High School Diploma, 1997 EXPERIENCE
Medstar Health, Washington, DC December 2020- June 2021 Patient Care Technician
• Provided direct patient care activities under the supervision of a Registered Nurse for assigned patients and their families and significant others.
• Assisted nursing, medical and therapy staff with procedures, tests, and rehabilitation treatments as well as support patients with daily living activities.
• Performed specific care activities such as specimen collection, phlebotomy, intravenous (IV) catheter insertion, electrocardiography (EKG), and documentation in the health record.
• Cared for patients by changing bed linens, washing, and ironing laundry, cleaning, feeding and assisting with their personal care.
Inspire Rehabilitation & Health Center, Washington DC April 2020-September 2020 Temporary Nurse Assistant
• Charted accurate vital signs and patient care information.
• Provided morning care, which may include bed bath, oral hygiene, combing hair, back care, dressing patients, changing bed linen, cleaning over bed table and bedside stand, straightening room and other general care, as necessary.
• Assisted and accompanied patients in admission, transfer, and discharge procedures.
• Maintained patient files and charts based upon HIPPA standards and protocol. Bridgepoint Hospital, Washington, DC May 2019- February 2020 Dietary Aide
• Prepared meals, snacks, and beverage following specific procedures.
• Served meals, ensured food safety and hygiene procedures.
• Assessed patients physical, medical, and psychological needs and devised patient care plans accordingly.
• Rotated and replenished inventory for premium freshness of all meals. Medride, Washington, DC February 2016- January 2019 Driver
• Took patients for treatments and other appointments for clients with diverse ailments and disabilities.
• Responsible for the proper operation of assigned vehicle and the safety and security of all passengers.
• Assisted patients with exit and entry of vehicles and to and from facilities.
• Displayed patience, compassion, and empathy when interacting with patients.