S H I R L E Y P R I N S L O O
I have 30+ years of professional working experience. I obtained a proven track record through meeting & exceeding objectives, as part of a team & individually. I specialize & have gained valuable expertise in Office Management, Administration, Executive Assistant, Personal Assistant, Data Entry, Business Analysis, Business Process Modelling, & Management of small Projects.
• Contracted to ABSA, one of the leading banks in Africa, as a Business Analyst on the QRM ALM One Africa Project with a special focus on Barclays Africa (RoA).
• Successful formation of new departments, implementation of relevant systems, processes
& procedures, as well as equipping & training staff to ensure effective & efficient workflow.
• Played an integral role in securing the ongoing business of Key Account Clients as a Back- up Support to the Sales team, by setting up & demonstrating the relevant software
• Represented the “South African Market” at a Conference held at Avery Berkel in Birmingham UK, based on the functionality of new Retail products still in the design phase
& presented the “Client Requirements” of the SA Retail Market.
• Managed various departments, namely, Retail Products, Software Support, Customer Call Centre & the Service Administration on a National level, as well as in several African countries.
Johannesburg – South Africa
National Diploma Certificate:
Brakpan High School; 1982
• Business Economics
Professional Development Courses:
• Business Intelligence Analyst: Udemy
• MS SQL for Data Analysis; Udemy;
• MS SQL & Database Concepts; Udemy;
• Mobile Apps; Udemy; Current
• MS SQL from A to Z: Udemy Online;
• Learn MS SQL from Scratch; Absa
• MS SQL Basics: SoloLearn Online; 2017
• Module 1 - Pastel Evolution Practitioner;
Sage SA; 2012
• Introduction to Networking;
• Wordstar 2000+; Keybase; 1990
• Pitman 2000 Shorthand; Benoni
Technical College; 1988
• Lotus 1-2-3; Baldwins Steel In-House;
• Telephone Etiquette; Dynamic
Telephone Communications; 1988
• MultiMate Word Processing; Beginners
& Advanced; ComputaBusters; 1987
• PP6 Basic Steel Course; Stewarts &
Lloyds Training Centre; 1986
BUSINESS ANALYST: QRM ALM (ROA) PROJECT (BARCLAYS AFRICA) ABSA Bank South Africa
April 2014 – June 2019
Quantitative Risk Management (QRM) software adopts option-adjusted spread-based methodology for portfolio optimization of Asset / Liability Management, determines interest rate risk on Deposit & Mortgage Accounts, applies pricing theories on Mortgage problems & is beneficial in determining optimal hedge positions.
Key Functions & Responsibilities:
• Compiled SharePoint Product Catalogue of Barclays Africa (RoA) Products by Legal Entity & Source System. Accessed folder structure per Legal Entity on QRM Network & utilized all Source System Product documentation. Mapped individual Products MasterData into a normalised & enriched format for future use in QRM.
• Compiled & maintained all Product MasterData attained from Regulatory Source Data in SharePoint Product Catalogue utilizing Allowable Member Values sources from Logical Field Requirements (LFR) documentation.
• Processed Source System Product Combinations & Missing Product Combinations by Legal Entity in SharePoint Product Catalogue. Prepared MS Excel Data, imported it into SharePoint, executed relevant SharePoint scripts & appended all missing Product Combinations to SharePoint Product Catalogue.
• Compiled & Updated Source System Business Rule Data relevant to (RoA) Products in MS Access Database, originally mapped in MS Excel Data per Business Rule, Compiled Source Data from MS Excel Data for import into MS Access Database.
• Updated Business Rule Master in MS Access Database.
• Executed MS Access Database Verifications, Verified MS Access Database Business Rule Data against SharePoint Product Catalogue & LFR documentation (Duplications, Irregularities, Discrepancies, Null Values), Updated & maintained verification results, and Generated new Version Control.
• Generated new Mapping files by Legal Entity & Source System, ensured mandatory header & footer were appended in the prescribed format, ensured mandatory delimiter was inserted, verified number of currencies, verified number of rows, Saved files as “.dat” files and emailed files to Pune to append Business Rules to “.dsv” data files. BD CREATIVE
Business Process Modelling & Mapping
Small Projects Management, Planning &
QRM ALM Data Preparation
Software Evaluation & Testing
After Sales Support & Training
Department Management & Formulation
Training & Coaching
Customer Service Management
Key Accounts Management
Call Centre Management
Software & Equipment Installation
Service Administration Management
MS Access Database & Basic SQL
Analyze, Model & Interpret Data Statistics
Initial Analysis & Assess Quality
Final Analysis & Data Screening
Business Rule Mapping
Preparing Reports & Presentations
Business Process Improvement
Problem Solving Skills
Strategic Planning & Analytical Thinking
• Obtained “. dsv” data files from UAT, UAT3, SIT2 or SIT3, Prepared MS Excel Data, and Imported them into MS Access Database. Attained pre-analysis from QRM (via required channels), Prepared in MS Excel Data, and Imported into MS Access Database. Attained Balance Sheets (either in TM1 or Owari formats) from all (RoA) Legal Entities (via required channels), Prepared MS Excel Data, and Imported them into MS Access Database.
• Reconciliation of all Product Combinations per Legal Entity, executed scripts to appended Data to QRM Master GL Table in MS Access Database, Processed Source System Product Combinations & Missing Product Combinations by Legal Entity in SharePoint Product Catalogue, executed relevant SharePoint scripts.
• Updated & maintained all discrepancies in Product Combinations in SharePoint Product Catalogue, Updated Business Rule Master in MS Access Database, and Executed MS Access Database Verifications.
• Generated new Product Mapping Files by Legal Entity & Source System. PROCESS ANALYST / BUSINESS ANALYST
Modelware Systems (Pty) Ltd
March 2011 – March 2014
Project Involvement & Key Functions Delivered:
Data Analyst - QRM ALM One Africa Project for ABSA Bank (May 2012 – March 2014)
• Collected & analyzed Financial Product MasterData from Barclays African Branches (RoA).
• Created a SharePoint Product Catalogue of (RoA) Products per Legal Entity by Source System & mapped Product information into a standard format for future use in QRM. Process Analyst MDM Project for ABSA Bank (January 2012 – April 2012)
• Mapped MasterData “As-IS” & “To-Be” Processed based on the Business Use Cases Using MS Visio BPMN 2 Notation.
• Held Brown Paper Fair for Stakeholders to review & comment on “AS-IS” & “TO-BE” Processes.
• Attended meetings between the Project Team & Business in order to clarify requirements. Process Analyst for Cargill Cotton Intake Processes (December 2011)
• Updated & maintained “intake” processes.
Administrator for Rennies Travels (July 2011 – September 2011)
• Attended a weekly internal meeting to discuss the previous week’s action list.
• Updated Control Document on actions required & actions taken.
• Listed all Risks & Issues.
• Assisted Administrator by creating Macros to efficiently & effectively produce accurate reports in the form of Pivot Tables.
• Mapped “Kayako” Ticket Process Flow
Business Analyst Automated Scheduling for MBSA (May 2011 – December 2011)
• Attended meetings with & liaised with Customers on regular basis.
• Created & maintained Business Requirements & Specification Documents.
• Created & maintained Wireframe Documentation.
• Mapped “TO-BE” Scheduling Process Flows.
• Updated & maintained Use Cases & Functional Specification.
• Demonstrated progress of Software to Client on a regular basis.
• Created Training Videos for Clients as a Training Tool.
• Edited & maintained User Training Manual.
• Created “Test Scenarios”
Process Analyst-Automation of Sales quotations and design of an interactive .pdf to be used via Webservice for Steiner Hygiene (Bidvest) (March 2011 – August 2011)
• Met & liaised with Customers on regular basis.
• Mapped “AS-IS” Sales Processes.
• Mapped “TO-BE” Sales Processes.
• Designed & created a new Sales Quotation/Contract document by combining four existing Sales- related documents into one document.
Process Analyst – Documenting and Internal Processes for Modelware Systems (March 2011 – March 2014)
• Mapped Internal Processes.
• Created an Interactive spreadsheet to streamline Quoting Process.
• Created, updated & maintained Procedures & relevant documentation. Business Analyst –Heat Mapping for City Properties (March 2011 – June 2011)
• Interviewed various levels of Employees, from filing Clerks to Executive Committee members & documented findings.
MS Excel Training - Advanced Course to fully
enhance spreadsheet formulas
MS Access Training - Advanced Course to
fully enhance Database structures & Front-
MS PowerPoint Training -
Advanced Course to fully enhance
MS Visio Training – Beginner’s Course to
fully enhance Processes, Wireframe
SQL Basic & Intermediate Courses - Ability
to write & run basic & intermediate scripts,
in addition to using MS Access & MS Excel
as a Data Analysis tool
SharePoint Training - Development of data
capturing environments & Access control
• Rated feedback & produced Pivot Tables of the trends within the Company.
• Produced Heat Maps to reflect the problem areas within the Company.
• Presented findings to Executives of City Properties together with Modelware Systems Senior Management.
• Attended follow-up meetings to determine a plan of action to correct the problem areas. VARIOUS POSITIONS
Office Manager - Cross Car Sales
Administrator / Executive Assistant to Senior Pastor - Church Nail Salon Owner – Self Employed
January 2005 - February 2011
NATIONAL SERVICE ADMINISTRATION MANAGER (last position held within Company) SA Scale Company (Pty) Ltd / Avery Berkel
October 1991 – December 2004
Summary of Positions Held:
• National Service Administration Manager: Exco Member
• National Call Centre Manager
• Software Support Manager
• Retail Product Manager
• Key Accounts Manager
• Software Support Technician
• Various Executive PA Positions
Key Functions & Responsibilities:
• Assisted with annual forecasts & budgets for National & African branches.
• Data Analysis of Service History & generation of reports on Invoicing Patterns, Contract Patterns & Test Truck Costs.
• Supervised Service Administration of 10 African branches: Zimbabwe, Zambia, Malawi, Botswana, Swaziland & Namibia as well as 23 National branches.
• Ensured the use of a standard methodology throughout all branches.
• Supervised overall monthly forecast of R2.4m Service jobs, achieving & invoicing above forecast almost every month.
• Ordered, assigned & controlled all Company’s vehicles, facilitated Vehicle Insurance related issues
& facilitated Fuel card-related issues.
• Managed Service Secretary, 4 local Call Logging Clerks & Service Administrators within all other branches.
• Interviewed applicants for vacant positions, discussed suitable candidates with Service Director & set up final interviews.
• Drew up Employment Contracts for new Staff appointments.
• Facilitated “BaaN” system changes to ensure quick, professional & efficient logging of Call Centre calls, as well as expedient invoicing.
• Maintained “BaaN” system, added & removed “Users”, assigned & removed “Access”, added & removed individual “User Printers”, maintained User licenses & cleared system freeze & access denied errors.
• Handled “Key” Account Clients, i.e. Shoprite Checkers, OK Bazaars, Spar, Fruit & Veg. City.
• Managed 6 Retail & Industrial Software Support Technicians. Additional information and references will be provided upon request.