Looking for a operations professional with a growth mindset, a team player, and an individual who possesses a hungry for knowledge and ready to move?
Beverly, MA 01915 firstname.lastname@example.org 351-***-****
I am an experienced operations professional looking to take my knowledge and experience to the next level of my career by exploring new challenges in a field where my passions for animal welfare and operations intersect. Authorized to work in the US for any employer
DoorDash - Boston, MA December 2021 to
Pick up an order made online by customer from a centralized prepping facility and delivering to the customers designated location and per delivery specifications (ie: no contact, leave at side door, etc.). Contracted Driver
GB Logistics, LLC - December 2021 to Present
Pick up an order made online by customer from a centralized prepping facility and delivering to the customers designated location and per delivery specifications (ie: no contact, leave at side door, etc.). Classroom Assistant - Moderator
North Andover Auto School, LLC. - North Andover, MA July 2020 to September 2020
• Compile online registrations for creation of class attendees.
• Research and confirm tuition payments received as well as other new enrolee documents.
• Assist classroom instructor in facilitating classroom lessons for student drivers and parents virtually and onsite.
• Track submission of in class and homework assignments.
• Follow up with students on missing payments, documents, and assignments.
• Update student progress on MA RMV website.
Brokers Compensation Analyst
Meduvi - Tuft's Health Plan - Woburn, MA
February 2020 to April 2020
• Ensure the timely and accurate processing of monthly Broker Commission payments, annual Broker bonus payments and internal/external Broker compensation questions.
• Assist with the facilitation of Broker compensation processes by coordinating with Manager and Broker staff.
• The resolution of production and data issues related to broker compensation processes, and the testing of yearly program changes, new reports, new functionality & system enhancements. Seasonal Sales Associate
Wilsons Leather - Merrimack, NH
November 2019 to January 2020
• Assist holiday shoppers locate items.
• Answer questions regarding current sales, products and available trends.
• Assist customers at checkout.
• Offer additional add on sale items such as leather and garment protection as well as demonstrate how to use the product.
• As part of a team, I would help maintain the stores welcoming and inviting culture as well as maintaining a clean and safe retail space.
First Republic Bank - Boston, MA December 2018 to
• Ensure daily review, analysis and processing of the EnFact reports.
• Review and analysing client transactions identified as potential fraud, identify any known and/or new trends of fraudulent activity.
• Create email notifications to the client and the client’s personal banker in an effort to validate the suspect transaction(s).
• Participate in the semi-annual review of department SOPs to ensure that they reflect the latest technological and workflow improvements made to the function.
• Provide backup as required to critical department functions; i.e.: data breach, processing client travel declarations, research requests, and any other functions within the bank.
• Manage outbound and inbound fraud detection calls to protect clients against fraud.
• Review, identify, and verify suspicious transactions with clients while effectively listening, connecting, and empathizing with the client.
• Provide support to Preferred Banking Offices (PBO's) and Diebold technicians in response to ATMs,Cash Dispensing Units
(CDUs), and Magtek Instant Issue card equipment faults.
• Cross train in various functions within the ATM & Card Services team in order to provide support to all ATM & Card Services team members.
Eastern Bank - Lynn, MA
August 2017 to December 2018
• Process all assigned claims received by the bank for reported fraudulent transactions or transactions containing errors while following all required provisions as laid out under Reg. E.
• Contact customers as needed requesting any additional information or documentation needed to determine final credits.
• Respond to inquiries received by phone or email on claim status from bankers on client’s behalf.
• Submit request for chargeback and re-presentment entries, process non-post reports, process received chargeback and re- presentment credits and debits, process and log ATM/debit cards received as returned mail.
• Work closely with Retail Banking Administration and Security departments to mitigate loss to the bank. • Identify and monitor any suspicious patterns and or occurrences in-order to proactively identify potential risks and take corrective action to eliminate and reduce risk.
• Participate in the annual review of the department SOPs to ensure that they reflect the latest technological and workflow improvements made to the function.
• Provide backup as required to critical functions necessary to run a smooth department, i.e.: Audit Confirmations, Research Requests, and any other functions within the bank. Operations Associate - NMLS 1300555
Eastern Bank - Cambridge, MA
November 2015 to August 2017
• Assist branch management with the daily operation of a mid-sized retail banking office focusing on audit/compliance requirements, overdraft management, vault and cash management, branch schedule, opening & closing of branch, identifying areas of opportunity using insightful data collection, analysis and reporting.
• Assist customers with the completion of a mortgage referral, request for preapproval, assist lending ingathering documents, assemble loan package and schedule signing with customer and attend closing. • Serve as the ATM custodian; maintaining it was stocked, functional and balanced daily, audit all negotiable instruments, cash drawers, foreign currency, logs to ensure adherence to policy and procedures of the bank.
• Responsible for balancing and researching cash errors, filing necessary BSA forms, compliance and security, reviewing new account opening documentation (personal and business). Reviewed completed loan packages for completeness.
• Perform teller functions such as deposits, withdrawals, taking loan applications, making referrals to other bank business lines, routine account maintenance, processing monetary transactions such as treasurer checks/money orders, foreign currency, cash advances.
• Manage a team of 2 direct reports, scheduled and lead meetings with various teams, documented accomplishments and tracked items to completion.
Universal Banker - NMLS 1300555
Citizens Bank - Boston, MA
February 2015 to November 2015
• Assist customers with the completion of a mortgage referral, request for preapproval, assist lending ingathering documents, would put loan package together and schedule signing with customer.
• Act as a project manager for small to mid-sized initiatives within the Customer Success Operation steam.
• Engage with customers to build and deepen relationships by uncovering financial needs and recommended appropriate banking products, services and solutions.
• Comply with policies, procedures, and regulatory banking requirements.
• Partner with branch team and specialists to connect customers to experts who assisted with specialized financial needs.
• Manage a team of 3 direct reports, scheduled and lead meetings with various teams, documented accomplishments and tracked items to completion.
Assistant Front End Manager
Stop and Shop Supermarket - Dorchester, MA
October 2012 to February 2015
• Accountable for managing daily activities in the store departments which included: Development of personnel, Diversity and Labour Relations issues • Customer service • Sanitation/Safety • Merchandising/ Dept. Representation • Sales/Profit Performance • Payroll/Productivity • Administration; including recruitment, hiring, and orientation.
• Developed training and coaching plans for all frontend staff (approximately 140 associates) and weekly sales volume of 1-1.5 million dollars.
• Selected as a corporate trainer to educate and assist with the on-site training of 16 stores; approximately 500 associates; of the new ACE POS register system.
• Identified, created and implemented plans to reduce shrink on perishable items from 3k-4k/week to just a few hundred.
• Assist in preparation for State Safety and Sanitation audits and semi-annual inventories.
• Manage a team of approximately 140 direct reports, scheduled and lead meetings with various teams, documented accomplishments and tracked items to completion.
• Oversaw Front-End operations, training and development of staff, Cash Office (minimized cash over and shorts), and ensured highest level of customer service.
Master's degree in Operations
Hult International Business School - Cambridge, MA October 2018 to Present
Associate in Science (AS) in Veterinary Technology Carrington College California-Sacramento - Sacramento, CA November 2009 to July 2011
• Debits & Credits
• Data Collection
• Account Management
• Account Reconciliation
• Employee Orientation
• Patriot Act
• Anti-money Laundering AML
• Bank Secrecy Act BSA
• Suspicious Activity Report SAR
• Card Services
• Regulation E
• Regulation Z
• Regulation E claims processing
• Organizational skills
• Currency Exchange
• Customer relationship management
• Customer service
• Customer support
• Time management
• Privacy Awareness
• Data Analysis
• Internal audits
• Cash management
• Cash handling
• Team management
• Team player
• Currency Transaction Report CTR
• Communication skills
• Microsoft Office (10+ years)
• FISERV (3 years)
• General Ledger Accounting
• Office Management
• English - Fluent
https://my.indeed.com/p/richardc-tobphhf https://www.linkedin.com/in/richard-carew-07a584101 Groups
Class President & Student Representative to the National Association of Veterinary Technicians of America
November 2009 to July 2015
I was elected and re-elected Class President/Student NAVTA representative during my Veterinary Technician training and as such I led a successful fund raiser beating previous administrations efforts with all proceed benefiting local animal shelters.