P. Sampat Kumar
Mobile: +47 91299147
Currently, working in Tata Consultancy Services as Business Process Lead. Data Center design, transformation, transition and operations, project management. Excellent negotiating and communication skills. Technical expertise in finding out the root causes for the issues and the problems related to Data Center Environment.
I have vast experience in Cloud as well as Data Center, Project and Change Management. Previously working as a SME and lead for Microsoft Lab Services team for Major Incidents and Data Center Operations team.
Professional Experience - Details
1. Sutherland Global Services Feb. 2013 – Jan. 2015 Technical - Consultant
• Worked as a Technical Consultant SPOC for Dell Large Enterprise level Support.
• The role is defined as interaction with various Dell Clients as well as Vendors and providing Core level technical assistance for various dell products. Job Description
• Give permanent Fix to the Desktop, Printer & LAN issues. Remote call closure within Norms.
Follow-up the Checklist(s).
Load and reload the standard build operating system & configurations. Install & troubleshoot critical applications & their usage guidelines. Check Root Cause Analysis for repeat calls.
Update the desktop including standalone PCs with the Latest Antivirus pattern.
• Preparing Daily, Weekly & Monthly analysis report to Account Managers and Delivers Heads.
• Take immediate action to mitigate any virus outbreak.
• Troubleshoot and resolve incidents (Hardware and Software) related to desktop and associate peripherals.
• Escalate the problem to the Technical Specialist and to the Regional National Team Lead(s). Brief Profile
• Business Process
• Data Center Site
Date of birth
• 23 Dec 1990
Bachelor of technology graduate (BTECH-CSE) with 9 years of work experience in ITES/IT. Operations Manager
• 9 years
Working as a Data Center Site Operations Manager in IT Service Delivery, primary work responsibilities are
• Taking training sessions of new joiner’s as well as new teams.
• Worked as a SME for the Dell Service Providers team.
• Providing technical assistance for the dell on-site service technician.
• Handle escalations and critical issues related to process and product.
• Analyzing the CSAT and DSAT data and sending reports to the leadership team and Delivery Heads. Tools worked on : Sibel, Go to Assist, DCSS, Part Bomber and Citrix tools. 2. Tata Consultancy Services Jan. 2015 – To Present Business Process Lead
• Data Center equipment and cable installation, detailed knowledge of cable types and options experience With NEMA plug types and voltage requirements. Experience using ticketing tools and processes (Change, Incident, Request).
• Familiarity with datacenter power infrastructure including PDU configuration, A+B power, three phase Power, as well as load balancing and de-rating standards for circuits.
• Maintaining core datacenter infrastructure including patching of firmware, configuration changes, and General maintenance.
• Tracking inventory as it's delivered and used in production.
• Following and implementing best practices for cabling, racking, power and general operations.
• Documenting everything from best practices to hardware deployments.
• Defining and managing service and operational level agreements with customers.
• Working with product owners and engineering managers for better implementations and solutions.
• Resource Management and taking feedback sessions of team.
• Managing external service providers.
• Assigning tasks to technicians throughout each workday that are based on SLAs, technician availability, and the technician’s skills.
• Analysing cost for different projects and deployments happening in data center.
• Acting as a project coordinator for multiple projects and deployments.
• Reviewing both tactical and longer-term metrics for their team and handling performance that is outside of the defined thresholds.
Server Administration and Incident Management Experience
• Maintain the computer networking system in a data center environment by tracking server activity.
• Performing upgrades of software, maintaining computer hardware, addressing questions about technical problems, and improving efficiency by evaluating system network functions.
• Performing Patching, Deployment and maintenances on monthly basis. Monitoring network alerts, doing Data Center Site Operations Manager Experience
Data Center Level 3 Engineer
• Microsoft Azure Fundamentals
• Schneider Electric
RCA of Major incidents.
• Worked as a SPOC as well as Back Up Team lead for Server, Major Incidents and Data Center Operations team.
• Investigate and diagnose Incidents to restore a failed IT Service as quickly as possible
• Log all Incident/Service Request details, allocating categorization and prioritization codes
• Keep users informed about their Incidents’ status at agreed intervals
• Resolve Incidents within the specified Service Level Agreements/Operational Level Agreements
• Document troubleshooting steps and service restoration details
• Working on Virtual machines and Hyper-V related issues
• Deploying images and updating patches through SCCM, Altiris, WDS and MDT.
• Managed over 25,000 clients in more than 150 sites, three domains and four environments of Microsoft SCCM 2007 and System Center 2012.
• Working on BSOD issues along with configuring Bitlocker and MBAM on large group of servers.
• Performing deployments and maintenance on regular basics for different Data Centers
• Create and submit knowledge articles
• Provide specialized investigation and diagnosis of all Incidents and Service Requests
• Escalate Major Incidents to the Incident and/or Problem Manager
• Participate in Incident review following major Incidents
• Identify potential problems and/or increasing trend of repetitive Incidents
• Make fix action suggestions and recommendations based on the input of the SMEs engaged, as well as pull from their own experience and knowledge of certain issues.
• Responsible for making timely decisions and approving fix actions (server reboots, server rebuild, running jobs in servers and changes past window, etc) to mitigate impact to the business.
• Provide first-line investigation and diagnosis of all Incidents and Service Requests
• Verify resolution with users and resolve Incidents, Owns all Incidents and Service Requests throughout the lifecycle
• Driving major incident calls and actively directly other resolving teams and engaging different teams on the call.
• Sending out Major incident and Maintenance notifications to large number of audience and different teams.
• Group policy and creating OU and applying settings. Adding units to unit groups and providing administrative access to servers by security groups.
• Configuring DHCP, Creating Scope, Reservations, and Server Backup & Restore.
• Upgrading and Rebuilding servers to 2003, 2008, 2008R2, 2012, 2012R2, 2016.
• Having Knowledge on Disk Management and configuring RAID Level Tools worked on: MSticketing, Oneasset, MSidentity, MSasset, Service Now, Altiris Console, DSview, NNMI, HP Storage Management, idweb, SolarWinds, iDRAC, PatchManager DCIM Academics & Education Details
Bachelor of Technology (CSE) from G.V.P College of Engineering, JNTU Kakinada.
10+2 from Mega Junior College, I.B.E Board Visakhapatnam. 10 from St. Mary High school S.S.C Board Visakhapatnam. Achievements & Extracurricular activities
• Received best Contextual Master award along with Best performer and for providing Outstanding contribution in TCS.
• Awarded as a Best performer in Sutherland for DELL PLE process for two consecutive quarters.
• Organized College Fest Vector09 and Ekathra National level Symposium.
• Participated in Social activities like Helping Old Age People, Global Warming Awareness Programme etc.
Technical skills & Projects
• Programming Languages: C, C#, VBA Scripting
• DBMS: SQL
• Operating Systems: Windows XP/7, UNIX, Windows Server 2008,2008R2,2012,2012R2,2016
• VM: Hyper-V
• Desktop Applications: Microsoft Office 2003/2007/2010/2013 Projects
Mini Project: Telecom connection system using JSP and Apache tomcat server maintaining the database of the customers of different telecom service providers. Enquiring the details about the potential customers. Main Project: High Secure Image Stenography in BCBS using DES algorithm and Fractal Compression. Dated: _23.12.2021_ (P. Sampat Kumar)