Conroe, United States 77304
Knowledgeable Kindergarten Teacher with extensive knowledge of all kindergarten related activities. As a personable teacher successful at communicating with both students and parents, maintaining classroom of fun and productivity has been great. Versed in educational games and individualized lesson plans. As well as a kind kindergarten teacher with empathy and understanding of kindergarten aged students. Detail- oriented planner with talent for developing individualized lesson plans and cultivating classroom atmospheres of positivity and progress. Committed to comprehensive student growth. As a dedicated Educator with more than 7 years of experience and advanced verbal and written communication skills for delivery of quality instruction and creation of positive learning environment. Additionally, I am skilled in the best practices for individual student learning. Experienced in use of technology to supplement traditional classroom delivery, including Smart Board interactive hardware and software. Improves student engagement by facilitating interactive and collaborative use of classroom devices, digital curriculum and assessments for learning. PROFESSIONAL SUMMARY
St. Helen Catholic School - Kindergarten Teacher
Pearland, TX • 07/2012 - 11/2019
Delivered lesson plans, implemented school curriculum and used data to create, monitor and establish personalized learning plan for each student.
Created child-centered learning environment characterized by consistent application of sound mental health and educational psychology practices.
• Played games with students to increase understanding of subjects. Applied evidence-based practices for classroom management to enhance learning results.
Collaborated with colleagues to create and use enhanced technology and smart boards.
Created, managed and participated in variety of learning environments and activities to support opportunities for students to develop full potential and achieve learning objectives.
Collaborated with other faculty and staff to promote rigorous learning opportunities, general well-being of school and collective interest of staff and student body.
• Integrated outdoor education into lesson plans.
Provided guidance on policies and initiatives for kindergarten teaching team.
• Reported to parents and administration about student progress. Identified characteristics, needs, abilities and problems of each child through personal interaction and progress reports to optimize approaches.
• Delegated tasks to teacher assistants and school volunteers. Exercised good classroom management focused on positive behavior support by clearly articulating fair and consistent expectations along with appropriate natural consequences.
• Student records management
• Early childhood development
• Smart Classroom
• Anti-bullying techniques
• Early Reading
• Group and individual instruction
• Elementary education
• Lesson Planning
• Classroom management
• Child development
• Social skills
• Differentiated instruction
Organization and Time
University of Houston - Clear Lake
Houston, TX • 12/2011
Bachelor of Science:
Interdisciplinary Studies EC - 6
San Jacinto College District
Pasadena, TX • 05/2007
Associate of Arts: Social Science
Harris County Federal Credit Union - Head Teller/Assistant Manager of Lobby Operations
Houston, TX • 07/1993 - 07/2003
Arranged parent-teacher conferences to address student progress and collaboratively set goals for areas of improvement.
Introduced read-aloud literature to stimulate imagination and build comprehension and vocabulary.
• Observed and assessed student performance and charted progress. Assessed comprehensive student growth across academic, social and personal skills.
• Instructed children between ages 4 and 7 on mathematical basics. Cultivated language skills through use of traditional poems, nursery rhymes and riddles to help students develop comprehension, vocabulary and love of language.
Encouraged and prepared students to become independent readers through systematic, multi-sensory instruction in phonemic awareness and decoding skills.
Assisted customers with setting up or closing accounts, completing loan applications and signing up for new services.
Completed highly accurate, high-volume money counts via both manual and machine-driven approaches.
Verified amount thousands of cash in vault against day's receipts, quickly identifying errors.
Identified potential needs through observation, questioning and listening.
Provided customers with appropriate literature on banking products and services.
Received car loan, home loan and other payments and posted to accounts.
• Investigated and promptly resolved issues with patron accounts. Answered inquiries regarding checking and savings accounts and other related products.
Replenished ATM funds in empty canisters prior to validation process.
Created teller schedule to keep weekly and weekend shifts properly staffed.
Introduced customers to other bank team members to help meet financial needs.
Received loan and utility payments, sending funds to correct destinations.
Counted, verified and handled bank deposits and armored car transactions.
• Maintained friendly and professional customer interactions.