Office Manager/HR Manager
Bangel, Cohen & Falconetti, LLP – Elmhurst, NY,
Informed, executed, and guided the development of operational polices and establishment of internal systems that enabled the organization to efficiently grow from 27 to 60 members. Served as a liaison to align the efforts of all stakeholders, and drove all aspects of operational support, HR policy development, and establishment of strategic initiatives that allowed the firm to expand.
• Served as the HR administrator, developing internal policies that complied with all labor laws and ensured the organization was safeguarded from risk.
• Crafted the firm's employee handbook, expanded the manual as needed to address new employee issues, benefits, options, and amendments to employment as changes in employment laws occurred.
• Assisted with the implementation of a new data management program that met all regulatory requirements for court reporting, data management, privacy law, and company policy.
• Managed the firm's expansion project, including the new downtown office and engagement/contract negotiations with vendors and service providers; resulted in new office that supported the midsize firm.
• Coached, developed, and mentored new employees, hosting new hire training, 1:1 and group trainings on company police, and acted as a guide on all staff internal systems.
• Researched, recruited, staffed, onboarded, and trained new firm hires according to the department and the firm's budget needs.
• Reviewed and managed attorney recruitment through various law school career development and on-site offices, i.e., summer interns and first-year law graduates.
• Scheduled new clients' intakes, case status, and new business meetings as well as organized catering for meetings. Managing Clerk/Office Manager
Norton Rose Fulbright, LLP - New York, NY
1996 to 2017
Secured a leadership position within the organization, driving all operational and office management services in support of the firms' 375 attorneys and 500+ staff at the primary Manhattan office location.
• Oversaw the daily operations of the New York litigation department, directing the actions of law clerks, paralegals, and clerical staff on a variety of critical tasks that supported Attorneys on firm projects.
• Designed, implemented, and enforced the firm's policies and procedures; ensured staff adherence to policy and monitored assignments of the records manager, clerks, staff, receptionist, and mailroom staff.
• Played a key role in supporting the transition to new systems for court records following the firm's acquisition while ensuring compliance to court mandates for files.
• Demonstrated record managed strengths by maintaining attorney and personnel records, health benefits, and employee insurance policies and general Human Resource files; handled firm correspondence and staff inquires.
• Developed and disseminated internal reports regarding cost reallocation, and outside vendors; conducted monthly administrative meetings; weekly staff meetings.
• Focused on talent acquisition and development, screening candidates for Attorney, Paralegal, Legal Assistant, Secretary and Clerks positions for both permanent and temporary positions.
• Hosted orientation and new hire training sessions and followed up on new hire and long-term employee performance by conduct performance evaluations; developed new internal performance evaluation template.
• Managed scheduling and staff benefits, including the review and approval of staff's time entries; processing of payroll reports; and review and approval of staff benefit requests.
• Collaborated with the partners and accounting department in financial objectives, i.e., annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
• Supervised and worked with the contractor's team on the expansion of the new space for the firm; setting up new office moves and individual office space as needed.
• Assisted with scheduling new clients' intakes, case status, and new business meetings as well as organized catering for meetings.
• Monitored State and Federal Courts for new complaints, decisions, and orders. Prepared and E-filed documents in State and Federal Court.
• Trained law clerks and other MLC personnel to perform docketing/calendar procedures using the department MA 3000 or E-Dockets program.
Jacob Medinger & Finnegan - New York, NY
1995 to 1996
Director of Administration
Legal Retrieval Services, Inc - New York, NY
1994 to 1995
Managing Clerk/Litigation Coordinator
Nixon Hargrave Devans & Doyle, LLC - New York, NY
1989 to 1994
Legal Assistant/Administrator Assistant
Gerald L. Shargel, Esq - New York, NY
1988 to 1989
State University of New York at New Paltz New Paltz, NY, Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) Communication/Business Public Relations, May 1988 Skills:
• MS Office
• Employee Relations and Recruitment
• ADP HR PRO, Kronos.
• Customer experience
• Excellent verbal and written skills
• Excellent Communication, Leadership, Mentoring, Training Skills Professional & Civic Engagement
Member, New York Managing Clerks Association
Co-chair, LGBT Straight Alliance Affinity Group
Pro Bono Work - DACA, U Visa and Advocacy Group for Immigrant Kids Parent Advocate, Early Intervention and Committees on Preschool Special Education (CPSE) PTA Member, Advocate for Children with Disabilities – Autism Advocate – Alzheimer Association Montefiore Hospital