*** ***** ***** ******~Ridgewood~New Jersey 07450
Telephone: 201-***-**** E-mail:
Objective: Seeking a position which will allow me to utilize my skills in working with children and adolescents.
Experience: 2009-Present Bergen County Housing, Health and Human Services Center, Hackensack, N.J. / Position: Staff Personnel
· Conduct interviews drawing upon professional skills to place clients appropriately
· Serve as liaison with other housing agencies, county agencies, Social Security Administration and H.P.R.P.
· Supervise interns
· Enforce building codes and rules
· Source of information for co-workers
· Conduct tours of the facility
· Employ excellent telephone, computer and filing skills to assist in the day-to-day operations of the facility
2006-Present Y.M.C.A., Ridgewood, N.J.
Coach/Counselor for Basketball and Soccer
· Increased the number of participants in the
basketball program which resulted in a stronger
athletic program for the Y.M.C.A.
· Worked with 24 children in the basketball
· Worked with children aged: 5-7; 7-9; 10-11; and
12-14 including children with physical and learning disabilities
· Responsible for the successful scheduling of
games, team transportation, and practice scheduling
· As Chairman of the Board of Parents I
successfully prepared the application for 501C3 status for the basketball team
2005-2006 Y.M.C.A., Ridgewood, N.J.
· Volunteer for Youth Basketball League as Coach, referee, and time clock
· Substitute basketball coach
2002-2004 Fed Ex, South Hackensack, N.J. Loader
· Sorted packages for proper distribution
· Loaded trucks
2000-2002 U.S. Post Office, So. Hackensack, N.J.
· Mail Sorter (Seasonal)
· Mail Clerk (Seasonal)
· Operated letter distribution machine (Seasonal)
1998-2008 Stay at home father
1994-1998 Macy’s, Paramus, N.J.
1996-1998 Sears, Paramus, N.J.
1994-1996 Biddy Basketball Camp, Ridgewood, N.J.
· Coached 9 and 10 year olds in basketball
Education: 2006 Rutgers University
· Certification in Coaching
1993-1994 Ramapo College of New Jersey, Mahwah, N.J.
· 32 credits earned in communications and psychology 1988-1994 Rowan University, Glassboro, N.J.
· 38 credits earned in general education and psychology Organizations/ Affiliations:
· Y.M.C. A
· Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc.
· Metropolitan A.M.E. Zion Church, Ridgewood, N.J.
· Positive Impact of Paterson New Jersey
Awards and Recognitions:
· Y.M.C.A. Volunteer of the Year (2005-2006)
· Brenda Perkins, Assistant Director of Admissions, Ramapo College of New Jersey (r)
458 Harristown Rd., Glen Rock, N.J. (h) 201-***-****
· John Duke, Assistant Branch Director, Y.M.C. A. (w) 201-***-****
· Rev. Mack Brandon, Assistant Pastor, (w) 201-***-**** Metropolitan A.M.E. Zion Church
259 S. Broad Street
Ridgewood, N.J. 07450
· Other references available on request