JOSEPH M. METZ firstname.lastname@example.org
SUNY New Paltz, New Paltz, NY
Bachelor’s in Engineering Science 2017-2021 (Expected) Concentration in Computer Engineering; GPA: 3.5
Office Manager Food Bank of the Hudson Valley
Cornwall on Hudson, NY [May 2020- November 2020]
• Supervised 10+ employees and handled functions such as payroll, scheduling, HR duties, and weekly meetings. Performed secretarial duties for an assigned supervisor and other office staff assisting them with a variety of functions such as: arrange and schedule meetings and conferences; establish and maintain filing systems; coordinate duplication and distribution of various materials; open and distribute mail; revise and disseminate schedules, reports, records and other information as necessary to assure effective coordination of department or program functions. Developed positive relations with external vendors and clients
SKILLS AND SOFTWARE
Languages: Java, C, C++, Python, Assembly, PHP
Operating Systems: Unix/Linux, MS Windows, iOS, Android Software: MatLab, AutoCAD, Makerbot, Eclipse, Netbeans, Excel
(Vlookup, pivot tables, basic VBA), Word, Outlook, Quickbooks Other:
• Ability to handle many responsibilities and desire to learn necessary skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Extensive work with project management.
• 150+ WPM.
[Fall 2017- May 2020]
Answered and managed incoming and outgoing calls while recording accurate messages.
• Managed oﬃce supplies, vendors, organization and upkeep.
• Assisted senior recruiting staﬀ with career fairs and recruiting events.
• Planned and coordinated logistics and materials for board meetings, committee meetings and staﬀ events.
• Distributed and processed mail for health profession departments. Lead Pharmacy Technician Rite Aid Pharmacy
[May 2019- September 2020]
Swiftly and correctly calculated dosages, dispensed medications, prepared prescription labels and filled prescriptions for approval by pharmacists.
Used the pharmacy’s proprietary computer program to access prescription information including patient and prescriber data, drug selection, prescription interpretation and insurance billing. Lead pharmacy technician. Worked directly with Pharmacist to organize and inventory the pharmacy. Directed and trained other Technicians.
Owner Hercules Collectibles
[November 2020 - Present]
• Maintained relationship with overseas vendors and managed inventory.
• Responsible for merchandising, sourcing, marketplace account management functions.
• Delivered promotional activity to drive sales and competitiveness whilst supporting effective stock management.
• Maximized margin delivery by managing sourcing efficiently and provided relevant and credible product offers that met customer needs. P R O J E C T S
• Developed a Traffic Sign Recognition program using a Neural Network to process image data to identify specific classes of street signs through the process of Machine Learning.
• Designed and built a prototype SOS keychain device that Calls 911, pings GPS, and activates an alarm at user input to protect at risk women on college campuses.
• Built a program in both C and Assembly that simulates a 4 bit binary calculator which can add, subtract, AND, and OR two numbers, converting it from binary to show on a seven segment display. Intern for the Eleanor Roosevelt Center: Summer through Fall 2020 HONORS AND AWARDS
• Dean’s List of Distinguished Students: Fall 2017-Spring 2020
• Recipient of the Winter 2018 Burton P. Hunter Memorial Scholarship
• Recipient of the Winter 2018 Orange/Sullivan Professional Engineers Scholarship
• Member of the Eleanor Roosevelt Community College Emerging Leaders Program (ECCEL) VOLUNTEER WORK
• Planned and organized rolling food drive on campus. Collected over 400 lbs of food for the food pantry.
• Developed the college's first ever "Action Plan" highlighting the dangers of food insecurity on campus.
(You may read this report in full on my website: www.JosephMMetz.com)
• Started the SUNY Orange greenhouse initiative to allow students to grow vegetables for food insecure students.
• Proud mentor for the Big Brother / Big Sister program INTERNSHIP EXPERIENCE