503-***-**** email@example.com www.linkedin.com/in/randy-beamer-20309325 Director of Career Services
• Motivational leader who takes pride in helping individuals realize their strengths, overcome their weaknesses and prepare for their future.
• Well-versed in job placement and performance management - assisting individuals in identifying their ideal career path and positioning them in roles where they can experience success.
• Dedicated individual who consistently supersedes expectations and takes companies to the next level.
• Relationship-centric approach to building and maintaining business partnerships and clients.
Areas of Expertise:
• Job Placement
• Business Partnerships
• Interpersonal Communication
• Talent Development
• Program Management
• Career Planning
• Creative strategist
Career Services Advisor 2017 – 2019
Carrington College & Adtalem Global Education, Portland, OR Guided and assisted students through the process of securing externships and navigating the post-graduate job market. Built relationships, coordinated placements and monitored work performance of 230 students in 6 different programs of study, ensuring they were prepared and positioned to succeed. Hosted career fairs and employer visits, as well as, taught workshops on resume writing, interview skills, negotiation and job searching, in an effort to provide students with a variety of opportunities to develop themselves. Additionally, established business partnerships with over 400 employers within the medical industry, allowing for extensive options for students, as well as an increase in program awareness amongst the community. Key Accomplishments:
• Placed 600 students in externship programs in first seven months on the job, resulting in an 80% placement rate [an increase of 37 percentage points].
• Continuously set placement records across a variety of programs – 95% placement in dental, 80% placement in medical assisting, 95% placement in pharmacy, 90% placement in medical billing, 95% placement in veterinary and 70% placement in massage therapy. Career Services Manager 2014 – 2016
Everest College & Zenith Education Group, Portland, OR Prioritized the needs and met individually with each and every student in order to learn about their interests, goals and strengths. Assisted students in identifying their ideal career path and positioned them with externships that had the potential to lead to permanent roles. Established trust with local businesses, many of which relied heavily on program students for their staffing needs, due to success with previous student placements. Exemplified genuine care for students and their futures and went the extra mile to meet with individuals outside of work hours to help them navigate and overcome hurdles they felt were disrupting their Randy Beamer
firstname.lastname@example.org www.linkedin.com/in/randy-beamer-20309325 Page 2 of 2 opportunity to succeed. Identified students who seemed to be struggling with extreme hardships and paired them with community outreach services and personal counseling. Key Accomplishments:
• Increased extern to hire placement rate to 85%, ranking branch location as the highest achieving of 85 campuses companywide.
Career Services Representative 2012 – 2014
Everest College & Zenith Education Group, Portland, OR Established connections with a variety of local employers in order to provide students with a plethora of industries and job positions to choose from for their externships. Visited business offices of future employers to understand office culture and learn more about their company, as well as, their potential employment needs. Upon placements, remained in contact with employers and monitored job performance to ensure that both the companies and the students were benefitting from the experiences and that all goals and requirements were being met.
• Sought out and secured business partnerships with over 700 companies, creating an expansive network of externship opportunities for students and a 70% placement rate.
• Promoted from a career services representative to the career services manager due to hard work and proven success.
Senior Employment Specialist, Branch Manager 2010 – 2012 Goodwill Job Connection, Portland, OR & Vancouver, WA Recruited program participants, held trainings and hosted welcome seminars for all new members. Built relationships and displayed high-levels of attentiveness and support in an effort to encourage program participants to discover their interests, overcome barriers, showcase positive strengths and obtain desired employment. Improved processes and coached team of employment specialists, which led to all employment specialists hitting higher placement rates and the Vancouver branch achieving record placement numbers. Key Accomplishments:
• Demonstrated highest placement per participant ratios, resulting in a promotion from employment specialist to a senior employment specialist and branch manager in a span of four months.
• Recognized by the company for providing continuous results and showcasing a high-level of dedication to branch locations.
School of Business Oregon State University
General Business Courses Linn Benton Community College